Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: favourite perfume ?  (Read 25192 times)

Suzi Q

Re: favourite perfume ?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »

Chanel 5 and Chanel Madamoiselle (thats a new one I like)
Issey Missyaki Liddisey
Oscar Delenta Joy by Jean patou
Givenchi 2
Christian Lacroix Rouge
And when Im down Estee Lauder Youth Dew
I get loads of smelly cos Bobbles goes away
Theres a new Givenchy out soon called Lau Patoiu smeels yummmy

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker.  One year I got one which had a shimmer added to it, great for nights out. 

kerrieann

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »

so many lovely perfumes need to get into chemist and start testing isnt nice how a perfume can bring back memories just one smell and i can be taken back years or miles away in a lovely :) hot country

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »

Perfumes can take me back like that too.  Fortunately all lovely memories for me.

kerrieann

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

yes me too i always tend to buy perfumes when we go on holiday so all good memories  :)

flushtered

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »

I think lovely smelling perfumes really help to lift your mood. 

ellie

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »

Many years ago, we went on holiday to a Greek island. We used to sit at the same taverna every night. A young woman walked past each night and my DH commented that she smelt nice. One night as she passed by, I asked her what perfume she was wearing.....anyway it was Dune and I bought some at the airport. ;)
      One night when he was due home from work, I spruced myself up and sprayed my Dune on, and waited for his reaction  :-*
   He said ' Have you bought some new air freshener,because it smells awful '
              >:( >:( >:( as I said it was many years ago, and can laugh at it now  ;)

flushtered

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »

That reminds me of a time we were on holiday and like you, I liked the perfume another woman was wearing and got OH to ask her what it was.  It was Amarige, I got some and wore it for a while but don't like it now - too sickly.  I bought another perfume (J'adore) at duty free one year and I lost it on holiday one night when I was a bit worse for wear ::)  ;D

lady57

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 04:10:13 PM »

I think the same perfume can smell different on different ladies, something to do with your own body chemistry. I have never found a perfume that smells nice on me apart from Impulse Hint of Musk which is about £2.99 from the supermarket  ::)

jax

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 05:54:17 PM »

OK positive thoughts day!
The list of my "other" favs starting as a teenager are...
Alisha Ashley musk oil, still live that. Sandalwood, I think Yardley made that..dont think it still around. I used to use impulse hint of musk too but dont like it now. Then there was avon Timeless, Coty Laimant, anais anais, Angel blue. Joop for MEN pinky one, loved that and wore it as perfume...lol
my current ones are vivien westwood....extravagant but scrummy! and boots musk body spray/deo for everyday.... looks like musk has stuck with me....lol

ariadne

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »

I usually only have one perfume and it 's never an expensive one. I just can't bear to spend so much money on perfume as I can never smell it on me anyway.

Last year I asked my husband for perfume for Xmas as I had run out. It lasted me 6 months and then I asked for some more for my birthday. Now I've run out again and I asked him if he would buy me some more for this Xmas. He said "What! Have you used it all again!"  ::)

ariadne xx

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »

I break out with cheap perfumes, honest.   ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 07:59:47 PM »

as a few ladies are saying perfume smells different  on different skin, i once made the mistake of buying a 100ml bottle of opium (not cheap) after loving the scent on other ladies but on me its smelt like cats p  :'(   so very disappointing but a lesson learnt  :)

Margarett

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »

I like Ysatis (Givenchy), and Estee Lauder White linen. I also use Body Shop White Musk, and their lovely new White Musk Libertine.

catweazle

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »

Am I the only one that's not really bothered about perfume?  ???

I hate it when some people drown themselves in it- there was a woman I used to work with who did that and I could almost taste it when she was in the room. Yuk! :sick02:

I did get one from Avon as a present, Bond Girl (hehe) or something it's called. That's not too bad but I only wear it very rarely. Hubby prefers me au naturelle  :wub:

Catweazle x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7