Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 878633 times)

sweatybet

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #705 on: January 01, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »

I found vagifem gave me period type pain and headaches along with a rather unpleasant smell.  Once I stopped using it the side effects went.   

SB

Di

« Reply #706 on: January 01, 2013, 03:25:45 PM »

Hi Sweatybet,
Did you go on to use anything else after vagifem? I mean you can't just stop without repercussions can you?

sweatybet

« Reply #707 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:56 PM »

Di

gave up after a week, did not try it for dryness but for painful intercourse.

SB

Suzi Q

« Reply #708 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:01 AM »

Ive always had the funny chemicaly smell so we dont practise you know what anymore
I put on weight from 11/12 to 14/15 boobs 34G to 34 FF
I took it for Vaginal Atrophy and Dyspuria

I cant see why you just cant stop it dead its not a drug as such xxxxxxxxx

Have you tried Ovestin or Orthogynest ???????????? they are diff properties xxxxxxx

Elena

« Reply #709 on: January 09, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »

Are any of Di's side effects listed in the side effects leaflet I wonder.  I'll have a look.

Not noticed chemical smell but have had bladder probs, though I started on the vagifem BECAUSE of the bladder problems.

lindyloo

« Reply #710 on: January 09, 2013, 10:11:16 PM »

me too milliemoo !

I have increasing soreness in urethra as day goes on , not noticed any chemical smell with vagifem

read on a post bout a intimate moisturisor from avon !! have to see how that goes for that lady !

hope you all feel better soon love Lindyloo xx ;) ;)

hellen

« Reply #711 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:01 PM »

Hi, when i first started vagifem i used the larger dose, 25 i think and that seemed to upset me quite a bit, but once i used the lower dose one 10 there was fewer side affects and after a while they dissappeared. but after being told to lower the dose then  later to increase the dose, i dont seem to be able to get it right to feel normal. some times i feel, devil if i do and devil if i dont use it,  i never feel normal down there. im either sore or glowing, feel rough, feel a bit swollen. it has been suggested i use estring, has anyone tried this. 

marmalade

« Reply #712 on: January 29, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »

Hi, I have been suffering for weeks now with dryness and have been very sore and itchy and end up red roar, I have been using sylk which helps a bit, I have vagifem 25mg so started using it again as I cannot get to see my gp for another two weeks for an appointment because I prefer to see a lady doctor, I had a uti infection at weekend, i think it was because I used the vagifem and was very dry when inserting, I believe this caused it, I left it off for a couple I'd days and thoug I had better use it again so I use ky jelly with it, what I would like to know is can vagifem be used continuously instead of the three months as my doctor told me to do this last year and I was too scared to do it, has anyone else been told this, also I didn't realise you can have a low dose of it.regarding the smell I have noticed this and I am getting paranoid about it as I didn't realise this can happen, god I am coming back as a man!

notmyself

« Reply #713 on: January 29, 2013, 11:07:22 PM »

so sorry you are going through this.  Yes, Vagifem should be used continusly and not stopped.  Especially if you have severe dryness or VA.

Hope you get some relief soon.  I am dealing with a lot of the same issues myself but i use Vagifem 3 x a week and it has seem to help.

Suzi Q

« Reply #714 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:32 AM »

Vagifem can be used for life as long as you have anual checks
I dont know where some of these GPs get these ideas maybethey dont read medical journals anymore who knows
Go in to the Vagifems site and print out and take with you
Mind even then some GPs and not only the older ones wont be swayed
No point going on it for 14 days then 2x7 for 3 months feel millions better come of it with in a week or so symp back

marmalade

« Reply #715 on: January 30, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »

Thanks for the advice it's good to know that I will be able to stay on vagifem but I will ask to go on the 10mg instead of the 25g after the two weeks because reading all the posts it seems like most of you are using 10mg which seems safer to me, also it's nice to read that there are a lot of you going through the same thing and not the only one as its not something you can discuss with friends we know is it :thankyou:

Suzi Q

« Reply #716 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

if you had come on this site a year ago everyone was on 25m cos thats what the dose was
Vagifem manafacturers lowered the dose to 10m from 25
Reason they said health yet they are still selling 25m in Ozz and NZ or ARE THEY dumping them here?
Odd 25mg 15 in pk was 9.00pounds now 10mg 25 inpk is 16pounds so paying almost double for 125m less in pk
Now maybe its just me but can you see a big hike in price here ladies doesnt take an Einstein to work it out
If it was for health then it should have been about 6 pounds a pak of 10m
All of us on Vagifme for how many years in my case its been 3 years on Valenties day have taken 25x2 a week
if the 10m works for you wonderful but a lot of us adjust our useage to fdind the amount that makes us feel good

Taz2

« Reply #717 on: February 06, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »

They are not being dumped Suzi but the old stocks are maybe lasting longer where you are. The last supplies were supposedly issued on 31st December 2012. I have been reading the questions and answers on the Norvodisk site where they do set out the reasons and also the pricing structure. It works out 1p less per tablet under the new set up. http://www.novonordisk.co.uk/documents/article_page/document/hrt_pro_common_questions.asp  I'm not sure whether the link will be allowed to remain as it does have a marketing element so best save it if you want to have a proper read!

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #718 on: February 06, 2013, 10:52:28 AM »

Taz I respect you  and now to your vast knowledge BUT
How can going from 9.00 pak of 15x25 = 375m
Now its costing 16.00pounds not too sure how any in pk but its only 10m  I know its 125m less than it was
That might be a peeny less or more nut also 125m less as well call me an old cynic but I will always think the same way
ITS money we are a cash cow we are the last generation of big falmilies load of us born pre pill days
Baby boomers and post baby boomers the money they are now making must be huge maybe I might buy some shares!

Taz2

« Reply #719 on: February 06, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »

Not sure about the vast knowledge bit!!  ;D

I don't quite understand what you are saying? Don't quite get the figures  :-\  This is the info in the link

"What is the cost of Vagifem® 10μg?
Vagifem® 10μg costs £16.72 for a pack of 24 tablets with applicators.

How does the cost of Vagifem® 10μg compare to Vagifem® 25μg?
Vagifem® 10μg pack of 24 tablets with applicators: £16.72 or 69p per tablet.
Vagifem® 25μg pack of 15 tablets with applicators: £10.56 or 70p per tablet.

Are the pack sizes the same?
No. Vagifem® 10μg contains 24 tablets with applicators and Vagifem® 25μg contains 15 tablets with applicators."

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 79