Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 874126 times)

Jacksfullofaces

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:38 AM »

One book I read suggested vitamin E oil capsules regularly inserted into the vagina. I know these can have amazing effects as I once pierced one and placed it on a burn that elderly mother in law had suffered. It did heal very quickly and without a scar. Might be worth a try and for short term have you tried sylk.
    Jacksfullofaces

Ellen

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »

Hi JFF,

I haven't tried sylk but have ordered and received Bio-Fem to-day - fingers crossed.

Ellen xx

Jacksfullofaces

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2008, 06:39:21 PM »

Ellen
fingers and toes crossed
Jacksfullofaces

Micki

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2008, 07:52:44 PM »

I've been ok with this till now  :'(
I'm already on hrt which will be reviewed soon but I'm wondering if it's possible to have vagifem as well as hrt? 
Micki x

Taz2

« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2008, 08:11:32 PM »

My GP said that she didn't think I would need it but that I could take both if necessary. Hope yours says the same  :sunny:

JanetNiftyFifty

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2008, 08:47:46 PM »

Hello Again, Everyone!!

I posted on 28 Aug saying that I had just got vagifem from my doctor because of my dryness.  Well,  I can tell you all that 3 weeks later (and a lot of fun later!!!) they have worked really well and he noticed the difference.  I didn't tell him about them though!  Probably early days and TOO much information.  ANyway had the desired effect.

What I did notice though, during the two weeks when you have to insert one a day, is that I had a dry mouth and a slight increase in appetite - an empty stomach feeling. I also noticed that my mood's changed and I have a lot more energy - don't know if that's the vagifem or the regular sex life!! But those (other) symptoms have gone now, now that I only take 2 per week.  By the way my doctor hasn't given me enough tablets - only 20 so now I have to go and get more.  Wouldn't want the sand paper tunnel to come back again!  Cos that's how it felt before the vagifem!!! :-\.

So, my biggest and most humble thanks to this forum for introducing me to this great medication.  It has been a lifesaver in so many ways.

Janet xxx

Rosebush

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »

JNF i can relate to the sand paper bit, but the tunnel... now thats something else ;D ;D ;D ;D

rebecca

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2008, 06:02:24 PM »

I have found this thread REALLY interesting and helpful as I can relate to what some ladies have been experiencing, especially the burning sensation in side the vagina prior to taking Vagifem..   

I am 52 and have been on Vagifem now for about 3-4 months and it has improved my dryness and bladder problems significantly. My 28 day cycle is quite erratic now and ranges from 39 days to 90 days.

I have noticed that since I have been taking Vagifem I am experiencing more tenderness in my breasts (when I have a period). I also have an aching pain in my ovaries which starts around 6 days before my period and lasts till a few days after. I always put these symptoms down to ovulation - I am however confused whether these 2 symptoms seem more intense due to the menopause or the Vagifem !!!

Anyone else suffered this? 

If anyone has concerns about taking Vagifem,  I was discussing a repeat prescription with my doctor and she  said that I might like to experiment with the dosage as she had found that some of her patients had cut down the dose from 2 a week to 1 a week and then 1 every other week. I cut  mine down to 1 every other week but found that some of my symptoms returned so I increased it again to 1 a week.  She said that you have to find the right dose for YOU. 

Rebecca

sadbutnotcrushed

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »

I first contacted your site because I was 59, with no menopausal symptoms .....  was there anyone else out there like me ?

Sadly, events have overtaken me.

I was diagnosed with 100% oestrogen positive breast cancer on 3.6.08.  I've had various surgeries, including Oophorectomy ....   (removal of ovaries) .....   in order that my body can become an oestrogen-free zone.

So, now I have all the menopausal symptoms in excess .....  with no possibly of taking HRT or any oestrogen supplements of any kind.

First is a question ...  is there anything I can use for vaginial dryness that isn't oestrogen related or based .........

Similarly, I'm suffering very badly from hot flushes ....   not helped by a course of radiotherapy and an initial course of Tamoxifen taken prior to oophorectomy.

Now, I am prescribed Arimidex which disables the enzyme that enables one to make oestrogen ......  I'm promised, osteoporosis and various aches and pains.    The only effective help is loadbearing exercises ....   not the easiest thing when one has painful joints.

So, ladies .....   no matter how bad .......   believe me, it can be worse.

Maybe, I'm asking the question on the wrong site, but any one got any ideas about non-oestrogen based solutions to ease things a bit ?

was Sadbutnotcrushed ....   now fairly crushed ...  but only for the moment.

Jacksfullofaces

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2008, 03:40:02 PM »

Hi
What an awful experience for you. I can recommend sylk for vaginal dryness. It feels very natural and pleasant. I also read that opening a vitamin E capsule and puting the contents into the vagina can help with atrophy and dryness. Re herbal suggestions I have found Menopace helpful and Red Clover. 5HTP is excellent for mood swings but check that it doesn't clash with any medications eg anti depressants you are on.I suffer from EDS so load bearing exercises are out for me. I suggest that you try swimming and maybe talk to your doctor about seeing a physiotherapist.
Hope that is of slight help
Jacksfullofaces

Orion

« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »

Have just started Vagifem am still on one every day for 2weeks.  For the last week have noticed a darkred/brown discharge on toilet paper when have been for a wee!  Anyone else suffer with this?

Rosebush

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »

Orion i have only been using Vagifem for a short while, but like Taz i have not suffered this side effect yet!.. :-\

I will post though if it does occur..

Orion

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

Thanks Taz, did read the leaflet but wasnt sure if it should happen all the time

cheesed off

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »

hi i have just been put on vegifem by my doctor

wish me luck girls lol !!!!!!!!!

love cheesed off

Taz2

« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »

Am really pleased for you Cheesed Off - let us know how quickly it works. Mine was working by the end of the first week.

Love Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79