Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 742588 times)

Mushyjam49

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #960 on: October 23, 2018, 03:13:46 PM »

I'm so desperate to go on hrt if only for my extreme anxiety but I have a history of breast cancer in my family so too scared to go on it. I think it's dreadful that in this day & age women are basically told,it's hrt which may or may not give you terrible side effects or even cancer,that's your choice

Also have a history of breast cancer in my family with my mum and her mum too but I have a fantastic GP who has prescribed me HRT and all I can say is thank the Lord Jesus Christ!!!  I am monitored on a 3 month basis and am due to have the boobs squashed within an inch of their lives in the cold vice but I am slowly getting back to feeling more me again. 

Katejo

« Reply #961 on: October 28, 2018, 10:45:45 AM »

I'm so desperate to go on hrt if only for my extreme anxiety but I have a history of breast cancer in my family so too scared to go on it. I think it's dreadful that in this day & age women are basically told,it's hrt which may or may not give you terrible side effects or even cancer,that's your choice
Jaypo  Have you seen the following new book (published Sept 2018)  by a medical oncologist?  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Estrogen-Matters-Hormones-Menopause-Well-Being/dp/0316481203/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_img_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=REKC66XGWJ4ANAS3NANP

It seriously disputes the connection between risk of breast cancer and use of HRT. I have only read 2 chapters so far but will read more today.  It is definitely worth looking at. If you are on FB, you might also like to look at the following page (which is where I first read about it)  https://www.facebook.com/DrHannahShort/posts/275635106413447?comment_id=275772923066332&reply_comment_id=276006203043004&notif_id=1540639469824623&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #962 on: January 13, 2019, 08:31:25 PM »

For osteropotisis, there is a UK Charity for suppert and brisk walking 10 mins. every day will help too.

I do wish that someone would do proper Research with regards the risk of HRT and breast disease.  This seriously should be done over the next 25+ years to see if there is a correlation.  How long would it take from starting HRT to when the cancer pops up for example!  Overall, it has to be good if it eases symptoms.

Tiny

« Reply #963 on: January 30, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »

I have been prescribed fem seven patches been on these for 4 months but still getting night sweats body heat and mood & sleep not improved was wondering if anyone has had to trial different types to alleviate all symptoms 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #964 on: January 30, 2019, 09:27:41 PM »

Hi Tiny
Have you had your thyroid function checked?
If you are still in peri meno then fluctuations in symptoms are to be expected. If you were post menopausal when you started HRT then it can take time for the body to adjust and settle.
The progesterone type can have an effect and it's sometimes worth trying a different type and possibly trying a sequential hrt regime.
Do tell us more about yourself eg age, what your periods were doing before you started HRT and what symptoms you are trying to control.
What other strategies are you using to help with symptoms eg Dietery changes, exercise regime and relaxation techniques? DG x

Bluenose

« Reply #965 on: January 31, 2019, 10:58:21 AM »

Hi all new poster here
I have been taking Elleste Duet Conti for just over 3 weeks now and for the last 9 days I've had a period like bleed, after no periods for over 18 months this isn't something I want, anyone had experience of this? Thanks in advance x

Cazikins

« Reply #966 on: February 02, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »

Hi Bluenose & welcome to the forum.
Starting any new type of HRT can take up to 3 months to settle down & getting spotting / bleeding can happen.
There are several topics/threads on here that may help you.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40380.msg640167.html#msg640167

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36345.msg585407.html#msg585407

I haven't read through all of them but hoping they may help you.

Introduce yourself on the new members section so that other members can welcome you.

Cazikins 

Cazikins

« Reply #967 on: February 02, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

Whenever we are given HRT we should also be told about the myriad of symptoms and potentially scary things that might happen as a side effect.

I agree but isn't that what the enclosed leaflet should say?

Bluenose

« Reply #968 on: February 02, 2019, 08:46:20 PM »

Hi Bluenose & welcome to the forum.
Starting any new type of HRT can take up to 3 months to settle down & getting spotting / bleeding can happen.
There are several topics/threads on here that may help you.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40380.msg640167.html#msg640167

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36345.msg585407.html#msg585407

I haven't read through all of them but hoping they may help you.

Introduce yourself on the new members section so that other members can welcome you.
Thank you so much for your help.

Cazikins

Tiny

« Reply #969 on: February 05, 2019, 07:06:52 PM »

I'm 45 and possibly peri menopausal the gp went by my symptoms hate the anxiety sleepless nights possibly fem seven patch is not for me I have asked gp they are now thinking of possibly changing it ,thyroid function was ok last time taken I'm waiting on further blood results taken last week periods were erratic I just can't seem to relax, thinking of joining a Pilates class it's like someone flicked a switch and changed me for the worst thanks for reply DG

Tiny

« Reply #970 on: February 08, 2019, 02:23:24 AM »

Tried magnesium citrate iv tried so many things I also have a micro adenoma on my pituitary which endocrinologist is not concerned about just now but that regulates stress hormone I'm totally confused nothing seems to be working for me

Ninaduff

« Reply #971 on: February 09, 2019, 11:26:24 AM »

Hi All, I'm new on here  :) i'm 51 next week and my periods have been scarce for a couple of years and have stopped since September last.. For years I have been suffering from depression, anxiety etc.. plus I have a severe case of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis) so have not been able to work for over 5 years.. I'm on a ridiculous amount of medication including 100mg Sertraline, amitriptyline, lorazepam plus IBD medication and suffer from
Asthma (otherwise I'm all good  8) ) I'm having the most horrendous day and night flushes and mood, anxiety real bad so my doctor put me on Evoril Sequi to try this Thursday to try for 3 months.. Strangely enough I had the best nights sleep on Thursday night with minimal sweats, but last night was awful  ??? Is this normal and does anyone think I'm risking my body taking HRT with my health problems? Feel so nervous about it all  :-\ I've been reading through this forum for a few days now, how brilliantly set up it is.. thank you in anticipation- Ninaduff
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:38:49 AM by Ninaduff »

Ninaduff

« Reply #972 on: February 09, 2019, 02:44:07 PM »

Thanks for that Jaypo  :) its great to chat to people that understand  :) take care too

Dancinggirl

« Reply #973 on: February 10, 2019, 09:59:34 AM »

Ninaduff - Doubt very much that HRT will have a negative effect on your health issues - it may well help reduce them.  Finding the right HRT can be trial and error though so let us know how you get on with this HRT type.

It will take a few weeks or even months for the HRT to fully work it's magic but improvement in sleep can often kick in quite quickly.

I have IBD in my family - older sister has Crohns and younger sister has Ulcerative colitis ( younger sister is actually married to eminent gastroenterologist!).  I didn't have digestive problems until I stopped HRT - I now have to be very careful with my diet.   I had a premature menopause so used HRT for nearly 25 years and I think it helped to prevent many of the problems I am experiencing now. I do a lot of walking and Mindfulness which helps to keep anxiety and fatigue under control quite a bit. I do believe that yoga/Pilates and sensible exercise, like brisk walking, are really crucial to help cope with the menopause.
I hope things improve for you soon.  DG x

Ninaduff

« Reply #974 on: February 10, 2019, 11:28:58 AM »

Thanks so much for that Dancinggirl  :) my diet is very limited and I try to exercise as much as I can when not in too much pain.. I'm now on my third day and I have found I'm extremely tired and not slept that good the last 2 nights, still have horrendous sweats and serious gas which in turn effects the UC.. like you say it takes time for it to come into effect.. I'll be patient  ::) thanks again 👍🏻 So good to chat  :)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 83