Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti  (Read 1568 times)

Elleste Duet Conti
« on: July 16, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »

Hi All ,
I haven't posted before but I have used this website for support over the last 12 months and thought I would share my recent menopause experience !
After a long journey my Doctor and I decided to try a second HRT . I was considered post menopausal so was prescribed Elleste Duet Conti . I was fine for three weeks - hot flushes had stopped  :) however at week 4 I experienced weight gain ( 4 lbs ) and severe bloating and a need the pee frequently and a discomfort down below  also increased tiredness . The following week break through bleeding and headaches that painkillers were unable to clear . After 5 + weeks I have decided to stop the tablets , this has been followed by a medium bleed but head aches have stopped . My side effects were on the tablets instruction leaflet and one or two users mentioned the bloating but not much else . I have an app to see my Doctor on Thursday but feel soo disappointed about my bodies response to this medication. At 59 one would have thought life would be improving on this score . However , I think I need to return to knowing how I feel instead of the tablets wrecking havoc with my body .

Dancinggirl

Re: Elleste Duet Conti
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:25:35 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM

HRT doesn't suit everyone and gain straight onto a conti HRT is not always the best idea. Which HRt didi you try before? We usually advice you try a sequi HRt first to see if the progesterone suits you or not.  It will give monthly bleeds but many women stick with this well into post meno to avoid too many progesterone problems.
When was you last natural period? If you are very post menopause, then it can take some time for the body to adjust to HRT and settle down. Elleste also has the most powerful progesterone that can give more side effects.

Perhaps try the ultra low Femoston as this may not be such shock to your body and could be enough to give some relief of flushes and night sweats.

Do tell us more about what symptoms you are trying to control.  DG x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »

Hi I was on Elleste Duet Conti for 3 months last year. I didn't have any side effects but it didn't help my menopausal symptoms apart from stopping the day flushes and heart palpitations . Any hrt can take 3 months to take full effect but I think we get a gut feeling as to whether it's working or not.

I'm now on Oestrogel and Utrogestan and doing fine. These two are the most natural you can get when it comes to hrt. I went straight onto a continuous regime and have had no problems at all . Perhaps you could ask your GP for this combination.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »

Thank you for your prompt response . I had tried the 3 monthly HRT ( Tridesta ) but experienced a huge bleed afterwards and decided against its use ! My symptoms were mainly hot flushes that I wanted to control and had used clonidine that helped but I wanted a better fix ! Interesting that you mentioned that my body may have problems with the progesterone .
My last natural period was 18 months ago .
Thank you so much for your advice .