Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with joint aches  (Read 533017 times)

Padine

Re: Tell us how you cope with joint aches
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2019, 08:43:09 PM »

I havn't read all of this thread so apologies if this was mentioned in an earlier post. I have stiffness in the joint at the bottom of my left thumb which has become sore and sometimes a shooting pain goes up the inside-side of my forearm. I am 60, 5 years post meno and have been successfully on HRT for last 5 years. I have played the piano since I was 8 and it was interesting to hear Rick Wakeman on the radio yesterday saying that to keep osteoarthiritis at bay, pianists should play every day - he does this and it helps him. Why should this thumb pain come on so strongly? Is this what arthiritis is like? (Sorry about the spelling mistakes, don't know why I feel a bit trembling/anxious, Christmas usually affects me like this  :'( )

Padine xx
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet

Shadyglade

« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2019, 09:37:08 PM »

It sounds like Capel tunnel syndrome.  I have had this but luckily it seems to have settled, with the occasional relapse. 

Padine

« Reply #557 on: December 19, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »

I thought CT went up the inside of your palm? This pain is in the big joint at the base of my thumb and now is making my arm sore up the bone of my inner arm. I had a sore left shoulder and arm when I was a music student (violin playing maybe?) and I had a cortosone injection into the bone. It was sore during and after the injection, but it worked and I've never had any more trouble till now. I know in the great scheme of things it is nothing compared to what other folk go through, it's just a very sore pain I could do without!
                    Padine xx
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet

Dina1601

• First Flush
« Reply #558 on: December 26, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »

:) Hi. I'm new to this forum and apologize if this has been covered already but I am dealing with groin burning and pain and inner thigh tenderness for 4 weeks now. I had 2 periods in September and that was the last I've had. Besides the night sweats and hot flashes, this pain is driving me crazy because it's always there. Anti inflammatories are hardly helping. I have been a professional long distance runner my entire life since 10 years old (now 53).... looking for some shared experience of pain. Also I am hypothyroid and on synthroid- so always had night sweats since 28 yrs old (ugh). So many nights I want to just go to the ER :(
Thank you for any input
Dina
Merry Christmas

suzysunday

« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »

My right index finger has gone weird last few months, nail changed shape and a lump below it that googling reveals goes by the wondrous name of mucous cyst.  Thumb nail dry and cracked.  Body aches all over.  I'm only 61 and really cheesed off with my body.

Victoria19

• First Flush
« Reply #560 on: July 21, 2020, 06:07:49 AM »

I am 52 and experiencing menopausal symptoms. The most unexpected ones have been waking up to numb fingers and hands, and more recently inflamed and very painful wrist joints. Having read various articles it appears this can happen with a reduced level of Oestrogen . I have had a Myrena coil placed in the last 6 months, and was prescribed an HRT gel. I had to stop using the gel after it caused continual and extensive bleeding. This has left me a little reticent trying other forms of HRT. With regard to joint problems I will try Glucosamine and see if that helps. I definitely need to lose weight, but am finding it difficult to motivate myself

Annie51

• First Flush
« Reply #561 on: August 05, 2020, 05:22:13 PM »

Hi I’m Annie, this is the first time I have written anything on the forum. My GP recommended this site. I’m 52, still regular periods every 28-30 days and I am struggling a little now. I have been living with the weird joint pain for just over a year and started taking Glucosamine which helped a little. I just wanted to share this tip tho’ it has really helped - 5Km or more if you can do it on an exercise bike. I also walk, but I find when I don’t cycle my joints start playing up again, especially at night. I stumbled on this during lockdown and found it helped. If it would only help the weepiness/insomnia/awful cramps and weird dreams.  It is a weird and lonely time x
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]