Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Pain following hysteroscopy, resection of fibroid and mirena insertion  (Read 606 times)

shrosphirelass

I had all the above on Sunday and am in considerable discomfort. Just wondered if this is normal. I got worse last night after improving a bit and was awake all night with severe stomach cramps. I'm perfectly well in myself.

I was in a bit of a state so went to the drs this morning and they said that it was to be expected. They said that getting worse after getting a bit better is perfectly normal due to the inflammatory response and the healing process. Does this seem right? All the leaflets talk about general discomfort for a day or two and give the impression its back to usual activities more or less as soon as the anaesthetic wears off. I haven't got any information about fibroid removal though.

I can cope with it just about, but am just worried in case more serious things are going on.

Donna69

Hi I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy last year I had tummy cramps for a few days after in fact felt dreadful the day after also had a bit of bleeding for about a week and I didn’t have any fibroids removed so would imagine due to you having that done as well it’s all seems normal

Peach8

I had horrible cramps for several weeks after mirena fitting and that's without the other procedures you've had. I lived on painkillers and hot water bottles. Unless it gets worse I wouldn't worry, just give it time, it's early days.

shrosphirelass

Thanks, that's reassuring. It is starting to ease a bit, fingers crossed.

I am feeling awfully nauseous and headachy which I guess may be caused by the Mirena but I'm so tired that may also be a factor. Feel like I'm falling apart at the seams!

Peach8

I feel your pain, it sometimes feels like one thing after another, fixing one problem only to get side effects 😩.  Try not to over think it as worrying will heighten your awareness of your symptoms. Tiredness makes everything seem worse than it is too.

shrosphirelass

I'm feeling quite anxious. I continue to have a lot of discomfort. It is now like a sharp pinching pain in the appendix area and is pretty ongoing. The bleeding has also worsened, it was really slight and is now constant. though I'm not flooding and its nothing like it was before the op.

Peach8

Sorry to hear you're still struggling. I can't help regarding your other procedures but my pain was quite significant for several weeks after mirena fitting. It also aggravated my ibs so I had a lot of pain on my left side. Bleeding fluctuated between spotting and an average period. I felt for a while that my body was trying to expel the mirena, it was pretty unpleasant tbh but it did pass over time. I do think it's early days but if you are worried you should contact your doctor for peace of mind.