Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: First time vagifem  (Read 1111 times)

lor.com

First time vagifem
« on: March 24, 2024, 06:57:57 PM »

So it’s my first dose tonight before bed. Any tips? My riding holiday was great. Had a ball. Where should I post a photo or two as promised?

Jules

Re: First time vagifem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 07:02:43 PM »

So it’s my first dose tonight before bed. Any tips? My riding holiday was great. Had a ball. Where should I post a photo or two as promised?
I don't insert right up. I put it about  a third up

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 07:40:32 PM »

It depends on how tender the internal area may feel, I put the 'ovestin' applicator as high up as possible and use a smear around the outer labia.  If initially it's sore then into the outer end of the vagina with a smear then further up as it becomes relaxed. 

It's not as difficult as it might seem ;-). 

lor.com

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 09:12:25 PM »

Gross question is there likely to be any leakage?

Cara999

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 10:14:16 PM »

I put mine about half way up. Occasionally I get a little bit of chalky residue the next day. Good luck xx

Jules

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 10:38:52 PM »

I changed the position after reading some info on this forum about post meno women and keeping it away from the cervix. A radiographer told me last week that vaginal estrogen products can make the cervical walls lumpy though she didnt say it was a problem, maybe just if you have a scan and they dont know what it is as with me!

VioletAquarius

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 12:10:27 AM »

I used to put mine as far up as possible, as that's what the leaflet says, and also my gp.  But i have now changed to about half way up as someone on here mentioned that putting it far up will make it easier for the estrogen to get up into your womb.

lor.com

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 07:23:02 AM »

So woke up after great nights sleep but area feels hot and weird. Is it psychisomatic or can it make you sore? 

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 08:05:37 AM »

It will take a while for the tissues to get used to the oestrogen after a long time without any. Perhaps it's that.
JP x

Ayesha

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 10:23:32 AM »

I only put mine a little way up to be comfortable, its a very hard little critter of a pessary. Natural to feel something until your body gets used to it, a moisturiser will help. If you find the pessary is not enough for the outside you can ask for Ovestin to use topically.

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 10:55:57 AM »

So woke up after great nights sleep but area feels hot and weird. Is it psychisomatic or can it make you sore?

Sometimes the fillers in the pessary can irritate the vulva when they expel if I place it too low, I usually place it about 2 thirds in but not right up to the cervix. Use a moisturiser in the morning after your shower which should wash away any residue left that could irritate.

lor.com

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 07:46:45 PM »

Feels a bit draggy and achey. Hope that goes soon! Not been comfy today! Why are we blessed with all this cr@p!

lor.com

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 08:57:43 AM »

Well now I have full on period pains! Weird and not what I expected. Thought this was going to make me happier not in pain 😞

Dierdre

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 10:23:13 AM »

I had pelvic cramp when I first started but didn't have a period. Are you postmenopausal?

lor.com

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2024, 11:44:52 AM »

Yes most definitely. It’s really not what I expected. Think I’ll just accept my sex life is over.
Pages: [1] 2