Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti patches to stop bleeding  (Read 718 times)

JW

• First Flush
Evorel conti patches to stop bleeding
« on: June 05, 2023, 07:20:04 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this forum, aged 59 started on HRT in March to help with post menopausal bleeding.
Had hysteroscopy and biopsy and all ok but mirena coil removed and it was suggested that this was causing the bleeding. It was suggested I try HRT.
Started on Oestrogel gel, 2 pumps and Utrogestan 100mg and for 1st month had more energy and not such a flat mood but now intermittent bleeding has recommenced and surgery pharmacist has suggested the issue might be the absorbstion of utrogestan and so month 3 I've been put on Evorel conti patches. On day 5, feeling really emotional and very tired, not liking this at all and the bleeding continues. I know it's early days anyone experienced these issues?

Dotty

Re: Evorel conti patches to stop bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 06:30:19 AM »

Bleeding can happen for 6 months when starting any new hrt. If you were ok on Oestrogel and Utrogestan the advice would be to use 200mg of Utrogestan per day.

It could be that the norethisterone in Evorel Conti doesn’t suit you.

JW

• First Flush
Re: Evorel conti patches to stop bleeding
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 06:23:17 AM »

I know only been on the patches for a week, very emotional, not sleeping and has done nothing for the bleeding, felt far better on Utrogestan. Thanks for your reply, I will ask to go back onto Utrogestan and give it a bot longer, I did think it was a bit soon to try another option