Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: NEWBIES  (Read 84190 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: NEWBIES
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2014, 10:18:38 PM »

Thanks for the update. 

CLKD

« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2014, 12:10:29 PM »

OK Girls!  <wave>  I'm off for a few days (see holiday 2014 thread) so do join in , browse round, ask questions …. no query is taboo here !

CLKD

« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »

I seem to have missed several newbies this week - browse round, join in  :welcomemm:  no need to lurk, no need to worry about thread topics, ask away!

DIANEJ

« Reply #243 on: April 28, 2014, 08:57:14 PM »

Hi everyone, eventually got my butt in gear and had a right good browse around.  Wish I'd done this months ago.  I'm 41 and been struggling to get my head round this menopause carry on.  I'd been suffering for months with the dreaded night sweats, irritability lack of concentrations and couldn't accept what my GP was saying when he said early menopause.  I was referred to hospital for a bone scan and consultation to discuss HRT.  I was given Elleste Duet which lay in the cupboard for months, but in January I decided enough was enough, I was really suffering and was advised the benefits of HRT outweighed the risks.  My main fear was weight gain.  After loosing 5.5 stone on WW I was terrified of going back to a big size.  I've been on HRT for 4 months now and I can honestly say I would give it 9/10. My weight has remained unchanged, but I still get rather irritable at certain times of the month.  Has anyone else experienced this with Elleste Duet 1 mg.  My GP has suggested changing my prescription to Prempak C, however I have read some not very nice reviews about this 1.  Anyway nice meet everyone.  I hope someone out there can share their experiences with Elleste Duet v Prempak C.

ellie66

« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »

Your irritability may stem from the progesterone in Elleste. The best HRT in tablet form with the kindest progesterone is Femston is really fantastic I started off on that one. Lots of women on this web site swear by it too.

The Norethisterone in Elleste is notorious for side effects. Years ago I took to delay a period for an exam its awful stuff. I had raging PMS from it, never again.

Prempak oh yuck its made horse wee those poor horses. Just tell your GP you have ethical objections to Prempak that is what I said to my old GP (to stop her suggesting it). It was written in my notes I have ethical objections to it. :)

Linsey44

« Reply #245 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »

Hi Ellie

Read your last post re femeston.

I know some hrt are made as you say from horse wee. How do we know which ones are more ethical?  Would like to find out more? Where would i get this info from?

I have just started on livial so need to see how it goes.

Thanks Linsey

ellie66

« Reply #246 on: April 28, 2014, 10:47:33 PM »

Its anything beginning with "Prem" that are the horse ones, the others are ethical. You should have difficulty reject the "Prem" on ethical grounds. Just tell your GP no on ethical grounds. They are also the oldest HRT and the least safe. There are much better alternatives.

Linsey44

« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2014, 08:54:55 AM »

Thanks Ellie that give me an idea of where to start reading

Hurdity

« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »

Hi DIANEJ
Hurdity x :welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #249 on: August 04, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »

:welcomemm: :great: browse round!

babyjane

« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

This is a nice thread really welcoming thanks. I got my entrance ticket today and am now looking round to decide what to look at first

CLKD

« Reply #251 on: August 23, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »

<wave> ……. we have a 'funny' room too, sometimes we even talk about menopause  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2014, 08:17:58 PM »

To any new members that I have missed and have not greeted -  :welcomemm: (I have just found this banner and wanted to use it )  :)

kimmyfish

« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »

Hi - I joined this forum a while ago whilst researching menopause. 
My main problem is hot flushes and night sweats.  I have tried every phytoeostrogen and herbal supplement out there over the past six months. No help whatsoever.  As a last resort as I feel so rotten I saw my GP this am who commenced me on Elleste Duet.  I explained I was a bit worried about the side effects of HRT as I used to suffer severe PMT symptoms for two weeks of every cycle.  Therefore I am a bit surprised that she has put me on a higher dose tablet?  Anyone any ideas on this?  and how long does it usually take to kick in?  All I want is 8 hours sleep!  Currently awake at 03.30 every morning drenched! 

Hurdity

« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2014, 02:30:30 PM »

Hi kimmyfish

:welcomemm:

How old are you and have your periods begun to be irregular? The further into peri-menopause you get the more predictable the results from HRT are as your don't have your own cycle to contend with.

Some women find they react to some of the progestogen types in some of the HRT preparations but others are fine. Equally some women are fine with tablets, others prefer patches or gel HRT. If you do feel bad during the second half of your cycle on this type of HRT then there are others to try, and also the possibility of referral to a menopause clinic if there is one in your area - but first things first - the best thing is just to try it and see. Many women find it works farily quickly in reducing flushes - it did for me but I used patches.

Hopefully others will be along with their experiences too!

What dose have you been put on?

Good luck and keep us posted

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20