Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Queen's passing  (Read 26543 times)

Minusminnie

Re: The Queen's passing
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2022, 06:34:59 AM »

They showed the Canadian signing of the proclamation on the TV here yesterday CC with some footage of some of the Queen's visits to Canada.

It felt so sad to me that the Queen seemed to summon up all her energy to do her last duty by appointing the new primeminister here and then to pass as she did.  We are left with a lovely last image of her by her fireplace.

Our grandchildren had it all explained at a special assembly at school on Friday morning.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2022, 09:08:19 AM »

Limpy - any1 of us could have started a respectful thread

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2022, 10:03:55 AM »

Indeed CLKD indeed. Other forums I am on actually posted as soon as she was placed under medical supervision. I was waiting to see if anybody on here commented. CC was the first with a lovely respectful post.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »

Without being picky, why didn't you start a thread  :-\. U know by reading above why I didn't .

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2022, 12:25:57 PM »

British Superbikes at Snetterton have held 2 mins silence on the starting Grid in respect to the Queen's death  :-*

CrispyChick

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2022, 06:08:12 PM »

I just watched the Queen go past in Scotland on the first part of her final journey.  :-*

C.C.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2022, 06:30:26 PM »

They showed the Canadian signing of the proclamation on the TV here yesterday CC with some footage of some of the Queen's visits to Canada.

It felt so sad to me that the Queen seemed to summon up all her energy to do her last duty by appointing the new primeminister here and then to pass as she did.  We are left with a lovely last image of her by her fireplace.

Our grandchildren had it all explained at a special assembly at school on Friday morning.

I missed the live signing, I didn't realize there was such ceremony when a new head of state is proclaimed.

What time is her funeral on the 19th?

Minusminnie

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 06:42:22 PM »

It is at 11am on the 19th here CC.  I've just read that Big Ben will sound muffled at 9am.
We now have a Bank Holiday here that day.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 07:11:24 PM »

BBC have put both Country File and Antiques Roadshow appropriate programmes on this evening. 

C.C.

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 07:50:56 PM »

It is at 11am on the 19th here CC.  I've just read that Big Ben will sound muffled at 9am.

Thanks, that means it will be on at 7 am here. I will miss most of it as I don't get home from work until 9:30. :-\

Wish we had the day off too.

Marchlove

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2022, 07:58:13 PM »

C.C. I just wanted to reassure you that the majority of people here are to varying degrees, in mourning for the Queen’s passing.

Everything is being done. All tv channels do constant coverage, newspapers are full of stories and very local and individual remembrances are being done.

In fact, a friend of mine on MM, said farewell to her on my behalf as she travelled south today.

Sorry you don’t have the day off too, but when we watch it we’ll  think of you

Mx

Carinda

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2022, 08:06:43 PM »

A sad comment that nobody on this forum from the UK  decided it was worthy of note.

Its constant 'Queen mourning' here at the moment, which started from the moment she was under medical supervision and will be continuing for many many more days and weeks to come. People are talking about it in the Real World all day in the UK, with various changes to all sorts of areas of daily life. (e.g. many things cancelled out of respect at local and National levels) So, to be honest I suspect nobody thought to post anything on a menopause forum - as its about the menopause ?!  :-\ I believe that not everyone and every place/company needs to make a comment on the Royal Family.

Minusminnie

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2022, 06:03:17 AM »

Thanks, that means it will be on at 7 am here. I will miss most of it as I don't get home from work until 9:30. :-\

Wish we had the day off too.

I hope that you are still able to watch some highlights later CC.

If it is any consolation that is all i will be doing.  Not out of disrespect for the Queen but at the centre of all this massive TV coverage and ceremony that has to be performed is a grieving family having to do it all in the public eye.  I really felt for Princess Anne yesterday who is travelling with her mother.  Losing a second parent is a very strange feeling.

Perinowpost

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2022, 07:08:37 AM »

Me too. Loosing your mother is a major life changing event x

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2022, 08:14:14 AM »

I have a pale pink powder compact in it's carrying box from 1953 with the Queen's head on it, handed to me by my Mum.  I will fetch it from the drawer to stand in our lounge .........

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5