Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??  (Read 16977 times)

joziel

Re: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2022, 04:30:12 PM »

You can for sure use both, in fact that's what I think YES recommend. I use YES VM internally and on pessaries for lube. I prefer oil based products externally because they tend to stay there much longer. Anything water based is going to get absorbed by your underwear and not really going to last long. Whereas the oil based stuff just provides longer lasting comfort in my opinion. It would probably also be better if you were going swimming - as less likely to get washed off compared to water based products.

I can't answer the question about swimming with VA as I haven't tried it. I'd say - use an oil based moisturiser before and after when you get back. It might depend on how severe and how under control your VA is...

Ruth Emery

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2022, 04:38:22 PM »

Cool I will get some and try.. can you put both inside you? Or is it better to use 1 inside? Ha I'm getting desperate as you can tell as I'm going away soon and don't want this to spoil it and feel rubbish like I do now!

joziel

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2022, 04:55:10 PM »

You can put both inside you. YES make little individual applicators pre-filled with YES OB. (And others with YES VM.) Or you can buy the larger separate bottle and use your own applicators from Amazon, which often works out cheaper.

pepperminty

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2022, 05:13:41 PM »

Thanks Flossie. If estrogen every night doesn't get rid of it again, I'll for sure ask for a referral. Because I think it would mean wet mounted slides or whatever they're called and someone who can count white blood cells and bacteria under a microscope, which is clearly beyond what my GP can do. I worry there will be a very long waiting list if I need that referral though.

I don't like knowing I am teetering this close to it though. I mean, if just a week of reduced estrogen causes all this to resurface again, my vagina wasn't in tiptop shape on my previous regime of 2x weekly - or it wouldn't have come back this bad, this fast. Which is why I wondered about the e-string. I just like knowing that all its estrogen needs are being taken care of continuously and not just a blob once a day, hoping that that gets around everywhere in there...

I also don't understand why vaginal atrophy so often needs local treatment even when blood estrogen levels are high or good. I mean, earlier in our lives we don't need local treatment when our blood levels are that high. Again, I feel like there is a missing piece of the puzzle here... probably another 50 years before research figures that one out...

Hi, I haven't read everything on this post, but just to say your local sexual health clinic can do wet mount slides and look for cytolitic vaginitis, over growth of lactobacilli ( they will be 10 x length causing thrush like symptoms.)
These 2 are often mistaken for thrush and that treatment makes it worse.
Sometimes these acidic conditions can be made worse by local estrogen used inside and you get thrush like symptoms. You can always just put  a blob on your finger and put it round the entrance as it were .

The outside vulva if inflamed/ dermatitis   can be settled with emuvate for 3 weeks then stop.

Wash with hydromol and the less the better - sticking loads on can irritate.
Estriol 0.01% ( the weaker one ) use  pea size amount  on outside once a day , until soreness lessens.

just a few quick ideas. I do hope it improves for you soon.

PMXX

Ruth Emery

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2022, 05:21:08 PM »

Cool I will get some and try.. can you put both inside you? Or is it better to use 1 inside? Ha I'm getting desperate as you can tell as I'm going away soon and don't want this to spoil it and feel rubbish like I do now!
The olive and bee sorry I meant,can that go inside? I've just purchased some 🤞🏼🤞🏼

joziel

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2022, 05:52:45 PM »

pepperminty, that's great info. Yes, cytolytic vaginitis is one of the things I have in my mind. Especially as sometimes what comes out can smell very acidic. Not a strong or bad smell, it just smells a bit like I've vinegar in my knickers  ;D I've no idea if the sexual health clinic here offer that kind of thing - I've been there for smears in the past as they are much better at doing them than doctors  ;D

But so far increasing local estrogen has helped and I haven't had any discharge today (yet) and my vulva is comfortable with Ovestin 3x daily.

I think it's probably a good idea I still keep the appointment on Wednesday (what do you think???).... Just because at my last exam in March, I didn't really rate the GP very much (she didn't have a DRCOG qual and seemed a bit clueless about HRT!) and I was also bleeding lightly and she said she couldn't see all my vagina as a result. And I wanted to query this paleness I can see.

So even if the discharge stops now, I should probably still keep the appointment and get checked out???

I've had some really bad experiences getting pelvic exams, where doctors have dropped gloves on the floor, picked them up and then used the same glove to apply lube to the speculum. And not washed their hands. Or, for a smear, one doctor ran her unwashed fingers along the bristles of the sample brush they use(!!) absent-mindedly whilst she spoke to me. I wrote anonymous letters of complaint after both of these incidents and they were both at the practice I've now left. (Two different doctors!) But it's made me stressed now about whether doctors are going to be hygienic when I go for pelvic exams and what to do if something like this happens, because it creates a really horrible atmosphere if you say something. Like, er 'please could you wash your hands?' whilst you're lying on the bed, at the ready  ;D  I'm still not really sure what to say/do either to stop it happening again or if it does happen... Both times i just let the exam go ahead but I was left feeling anxious and violated really  :'(

But I should probably still get it checked out... and maybe try to figure out a way to say what's happened to me before, without sounding psychotic.

Ruth, I'm not sure if the Olive and Bee can be used internally. I'd maybe look at their website and see - I haven't used it that way.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:55:38 PM by joziel »

pepperminty

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2022, 06:41:11 PM »

pepperminty, that's great info. Yes, cytolytic vaginitis is one of the things I have in my mind. Especially as sometimes what comes out can smell very acidic. Not a strong or bad smell, it just smells a bit like I've vinegar in my knickers  ;D I've no idea if the sexual health clinic here offer that kind of thing - I've been there for smears in the past as they are much better at doing them than doctors  ;D

But so far increasing local estrogen has helped and I haven't had any discharge today (yet) and my vulva is comfortable with Ovestin 3x daily.

I think it's probably a good idea I still keep the appointment on Wednesday (what do you think???).... Just because at my last exam in March, I didn't really rate the GP very much (she didn't have a DRCOG qual and seemed a bit clueless about HRT!) and I was also bleeding lightly and she said she couldn't see all my vagina as a result. And I wanted to query this paleness I can see.

So even if the discharge stops now, I should probably still keep the appointment and get checked out???

I've had some really bad experiences getting pelvic exams, where doctors have dropped gloves on the floor, picked them up and then used the same glove to apply lube to the speculum. And not washed their hands. Or, for a smear, one doctor ran her unwashed fingers along the bristles of the sample brush they use(!!) absent-mindedly whilst she spoke to me. I wrote anonymous letters of complaint after both of these incidents and they were both at the practice I've now left. (Two different doctors!) But it's made me stressed now about whether doctors are going to be hygienic when I go for pelvic exams and what to do if something like this happens, because it creates a really horrible atmosphere if you say something. Like, er 'please could you wash your hands?' whilst you're lying on the bed, at the ready  ;D  I'm still not really sure what to say/do either to stop it happening again or if it does happen... Both times i just let the exam go ahead but I was left feeling anxious and violated really  :'(

But I should probably still get it checked out... and maybe try to figure out a way to say what's happened to me before, without sounding psychotic.

Ruth, I'm not sure if the Olive and Bee can be used internally. I'd maybe look at their website and see - I haven't used it that way.

Hi, if you need reassurance go. the sexual health clinics , do all sorts and have microscopy available on site , so you do not have the wait for the results.  Gp's are not a great experience these days.
I would still so to the sexual health clinic if you are not better as they are usually very good.
Sounds like you have had bad experiences and lets hope the new GP's are better. You could say that you had a bad experience with the new GP and that you are wary and they may put your mind at rest. it is a very vulnerable position to be in -

PMxx

joziel

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2022, 07:18:18 PM »

Thanks. I think I'll go to this GP as I do need to vet and find another GP anyways  ::)  I'll see what comes from it.

Having said the discharge had stopped, I did have some slight small amount of it this evening. So best go, I think. I don't know if I maybe have thrush as well as VA now. I just hope it's nothing complicated which is going to involve putting 65000 different products up there and upsetting things even more. I mean, I was going to try the baking soda idea in a sitz bath or even a douche for cytolitic vaginitis - but I could make things even worse if it's not that and I change the pH....  :-\ 

Minusminnie

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2022, 06:23:24 AM »

Put vaseline around applicator tonight.

Just posting you this link as mentioned in the What Not To Do is to put petroleum jelly inside your vagina.  The link is for Balance Activ which i was looking up to possibly use again myself but saw this and thought of your post.
https://www.balanceactiv.com/vaginal-dryness/

Lyncola

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2022, 08:17:43 AM »

Ruth yes Olive and Bee can be use internally. It’s sold as a sex lube, do definitely can be use internally. As well as a moisturiser externally.
I was using my Olive and Bee externally and on my dildo, until I read the box the dildo came in and it said water base lube only  :o
But I did find it great for the atrophy using internally, so it might by a new one.
Now on the subject off dildo, it really helps with the atrophy.
My husband had a big operation so no sex for ten weeks, my atrophy went backwards. So I went online and bought a couple sex toys. It has bought my husband back to my bed. I’m using my husband or sex toys every third day for about ten minutes. As well as using Vagifem internally and Ovestin externally two nights on one night off. Moisturisers Yes VM one or two times a day and Olive and Bee at night.
It’s the most normal I’ve been in four years.
It does take a while to find what works for you :)

Ruth Emery

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2022, 08:36:59 AM »

Ruth yes Olive and Bee can be use internally. It’s sold as a sex lube, do definitely can be use internally. As well as a moisturiser externally.
I was using my Olive and Bee externally and on my dildo, until I read the box the dildo came in and it said water base lube only  :o
But I did find it great for the atrophy using internally, so it might by a new one.
Now on the subject off dildo, it really helps with the atrophy.
My husband had a big operation so no sex for ten weeks, my atrophy went backwards. So I went online and bought a couple sex toys. It has bought my husband back to my bed. I’m using my husband or sex toys every third day for about ten minutes. As well as using Vagifem internally and Ovestin externally two nights on one night off. Moisturisers Yes VM one or two times a day and Olive and Bee at night.
It’s the most normal I’ve been in four years.
It does take a while to find what works for you :)
Thankyou,I think I'm getting desperate so will try anything for a bit of relief,I have ordered some so will give it a go internally in the evening, I'm guessing you can mix it so yes moisturiser in the morning and maybe the olive and bee in the evening? I'm just worried about the vagirux not sticking and working with all the moisturiser.. the lady on the website for YES said to use the moisturiser the days that I don't use the vagifem but im using it everyday.

Nicodemus

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2022, 08:51:10 AM »

I use the vagifem at night and use moisturiser in the morning and sometimes the afternoon too. You can choose which moisturisers you want, you needn't stick to just the same one all the time. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2022, 08:58:34 AM »

Ruth Emery: I think you are trying too many preparations at the same time.  Stick with the VA treatment: as the vaginal walls become moister the product should stick better.  Also add 'yes' or another moistoriser morning and evening.  That way you can decide which works .  Putting too many products around a very sensitive area may cause more problems.

VA isn't solved over night.  It may take 3-4 weeks B4 the vagina begins to feel more comfortable.  MayB get a copy of "Me and My Menopause Vagina", available on Amazon.  Written by a Member of the Forum. 

Ruth Emery

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2022, 09:07:36 AM »

Ruth Emery: I think you are trying too many preparations at the same time.  Stick with the VA treatment: as the vaginal walls become moister the product should stick better.  Also add 'yes' or another moistoriser morning and evening.  That way you can decide which works .  Putting too many products around a very sensitive area may cause more problems.

VA isn't solved over night.  It may take 3-4 weeks B4 the vagina begins to feel more comfortable.  MayB get a copy of "Me and My Menopause Vagina", available on Amazon.  Written by a Member of the Forum.
Yes you could be right 😳 although at the moment I'm just using vagifem at night and the yes and moisturiser in the day but read on here on another post last year someone asking the same question about can you use vagifem and the yes moisturiser or does it stop it working so I think that is what I'm panicking about.. I might use a bit of the olive and Bee on the applicator to put my vagifem in at night would that be ok or is that still too many preparations..I think because all this is new and we're desperate for it to work you just use as much as you can of anything don't you!! 😊

joziel

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2022, 09:12:29 AM »

Ruth you can definitely use a small amount of moisturiser on the applicator as lube but I wouldn't put a full dose of moisturiser up there at the same time as the Vagifem, if that helps. I don't think you need to allow an entire day between them, just a few hours. As long as you are not putting everything in there at once, there's no problem with using different things if they work for you. Over time you will learn what you like more and get more stream-lined and use fewer products but probably understandable to try a few to start with.

Lyncola, I totally agree with you about the dildo. By the way, you can use a condom on it if you want to use your Olive and Bee when you're using it. I've got some 'no lube included' German condoms so you can use whatever you want with them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7