Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??  (Read 13541 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 01:32:04 PM »

Who funded that particular Research?  The Company who sell Balance Activ?

Cynic?  Moi ?  ;D

R U going to be the MM official tester for those?

joziel

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 02:08:16 PM »

It was a randomised controlled clinical trial: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26793732/

"Comparison of the Hyaluronic Acid Vaginal Cream and Conjugated Estrogen Used in Treatment of Vaginal Atrophy of Menopause Women: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial"

"Results: The results of this study showed that the symptoms of vaginal atrophy compared with the baseline level were relieved significantly in both groups. Dryness, itching, maturation index, PH and composite score of the vaginal symptoms were relieved significantly in both groups (P<0.001). Dyspareunia in Premarin (P<0.05) and hyaluronic acid (P<0.001) decreased compared with pre-treatment. Urinary incontinence only showed improvement in the hyaluronic acid group (P<0.05). Improvement in urinary incontinence, dryness, maturation index (P<0.05) and composite score of vaginal symptoms (P<0.001) in the hyaluronic acid group was better than those in the Premarin group.

Conclusion: According to the results of the present study, hyaluronic acid and conjugated estrogen improved the symptoms of vaginal atrophy. But hyaluronic acid was more effective and this drug is suggested for those who do not want to or cannot take local hormone treatment."

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 02:33:40 PM »

Tnx.  That's clever  ;D. 2016 but I couldn't find out who sponsored the Research. 

It's a compound that seems to be in everything to put on the skin at present  ::) on lots of adverts on TV.

I wonder what the long-term effects are likely to be? 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:36:04 PM by CLKD »

Ruth Emery

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 06:56:29 PM »

Ha no I do drink lot's of water each day but only 2 cups of caffeine max daily!
Wow thankyou for the info regarding what you take..I certainly didn't realise that from September the tablets would now be over the counter that's brilliant!! The government really do need to make all this a lot cheaper and easier!!  Where do you get the pessaries from as I've never heard of these before!?

Ruth Emery

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2022, 08:59:49 PM »

Can I just clarify that you can use vagirux and the VM moisturiser..so the tablet at night and then the moisturiser in the morning!? If I take it in the afternoon aswell will it interfere at all with it working?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 07:30:20 AM »

Can I just clarify that you can use vagirux and the VM moisturiser..so the tablet at night and then the moisturiser in the morning!? If I take it in the afternoon aswell will it interfere at all with it working?

You can.  :) The moisturiser will not stop the vagirux from working.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 07:30:37 AM »

Morning.  You can use moisturiser as often as required.  Pop the 'vagirux' inside at night and smear your moisturiser of choice around the outer labia.  Most of us use VA treatment at night so that it gets a chance to work, rather than gravity draining it out ;-).

Did U sleep?

AlfieBo

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2022, 08:00:07 AM »

Hi ladies. I'm posted under AlfieBo re
Vaginal dryness and burning post meno 9 years. I've been estrolil 0.01% just small bit on finger then tried small amount on applicator with sylk on Thursday night and felt on fire felt awful yesterday came home from work couldn't sit or stand. Any
way tried the cream last night about quarter of applicator not so much irritation with it but didn't use the sylk. What is the vaginal moisturiser everyone seems to talk about. No idea what I'm doing really. I've started on evening primrose to see if that helps. I did try bicarb of soda half teaspoon on water which helped with the sting but goodness it gave be awful diarrhoea. Can't win.  :'(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2022, 08:12:49 AM »

Hi ladies. I'm posted under AlfieBo re
Vaginal dryness and burning post meno 9 years. I've been estrolil 0.01% just small bit on finger then tried small amount on applicator with sylk on Thursday night and felt on fire felt awful yesterday came home from work couldn't sit or stand. Any
way tried the cream last night about quarter of applicator not so much irritation with it but didn't use the sylk. What is the vaginal moisturiser everyone seems to talk about. No idea what I'm doing really. I've started on evening primrose to see if that helps. I did try bicarb of soda half teaspoon on water which helped with the sting but goodness it gave be awful diarrhoea. Can't win.  :'(

I really am sorry to read how much pain you are in. The moisturiser is called Yes VM. You can buy it on Amazon as well as their actual website. I know when first using treatment the skin can be sore as it has to get used to it. When the skin is so raw then applying anything hurts but your pain sounds really bad. How long have you been using estroil for?

I have found Seabuckthorn capsules help with dryness. They are a natural supplement and I buy mine from Holland & Barret. They are taking by mouth and meant to help any dryness.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2022, 08:35:39 AM »

Stick to 1 preparation so that you know what is stinging.  Try another small amount mid-this morning so that the vaginal walls become less sensitive .  On the finger is fine, a little smear around the vagina entrance, working upwards as the days go by.  I find KY Jelly helps when I'm dry although some find that aggravates too.

Can you go knicker-less today? so that nothing rubs the area dry? 

Ruth Emery

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2022, 08:57:46 AM »

Morning.  You can use moisturiser as often as required.  Pop the 'vagirux' inside at night and smear your moisturiser of choice around the outer labia.  Most of us use VA treatment at night so that it gets a chance to work, rather than gravity draining it out ;-).

Did U sleep?

It's just that when I purchased the moisturiser she did say don't use it on the days when you use your tablet so that's why I was a little bit confused. I felt a bit better in the day yesterday but still got the burning come  the evening and this morning.. this will be day 3 of the vagirux tablets in a row.. I've just had some moisturiser and then will apply some later on this afternoon and just keep everything crossed!! 🤞🏼🙏🏼☺️

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »

'she' probably doesn't understand VA.

The idea is to get the vaginal area as moist and supple ASAP = less itching and dryness.  Is the 'tablet' a firm thing that attaches to the vaginal wall to ooze the preparation slowly?  I find 'ovestin' easy to use: a stiff plastic applicator or on the finger in a measured amount.

Ayesha

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2022, 10:35:08 AM »

It's just that when I purchased the moisturiser she did say don't use it on the days when you use your tablet so that's why I was a little bit confused.

That is very bad advice, use the moisturiser as often as you need it, its one of the most important ingredients of your regime to get your VA under control.
It took me three months to feel normal again and that's with an every day regime of Vagifem, Ovestin and Sylk moisturiser. Just throw everything at it, don't hold back!

Ruth Emery

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »

The tablet yes is a small white tablet put in by an applicator! It was actually from the Yes online shop via the chat link..I'm desperate at this point for the burning to stop or become more bearable so will give anything a go!!!  :-\

Ruth Emery

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2022, 11:06:16 AM »

It's just that when I purchased the moisturiser she did say don't use it on the days when you use your tablet so that's why I was a little bit confused.

That is very bad advice, use the moisturiser as often as you need it, its one of the most important ingredients of your regime to get your VA under control.
It took me three months to feel normal again and that's with an every day regime of Vagifem, Ovestin and Sylk moisturiser. Just throw everything at it, don't hold back!

Is the Ovestin the estriol cream??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7