Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 10386 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2023, 10:36:41 PM »

Bounced

CLKD

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 05:48:34 PM »

Still buzzing  >:(.  Annoying  :(  :-\

babylou

• First Flush
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2023, 11:37:54 AM »

I've been suffering tinnitus for a couple of weeks now. Arrived after a pretty bad cold after terrible blocky ears. Cold has gone and left me with this  :-\

Could be peri related though, as I think I'm in the throes of that now too....

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2023, 12:28:16 PM »

"babylou" ........ welcome.  R U able to share your symptoms with us? 

A pharmacist may be able to advise regarding the blocked ear feeling.  Let us know.

babylou

• First Flush
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2023, 10:07:49 PM »

Thanks CLKD

Tinnitus symptoms,  buzzing/ringing behind left ear area. Blocked feeling has gone now. But the cold seems to be  lingering on and off. Most of the time I can hardly notice, but sometimes it seems louder.  I've used decongestants to ease the blocked sinuses. :)

Peri symptoms.  Broken sleep, night sweats, but not sweaty, just hot. Irregular periods, coming closer together, and heavy. Anxiety is bad, especially when the ear ringing starts. I get cold 'insides' when it's cold,  especially legs.

Haven't looked at HRT, as mum had breast cancer recently,  so not sure I'm able.

HelloSam666

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2023, 03:34:35 PM »

I've had a blocked ear on and off since just before Christmas (like the blocked ears when flying). The doctor said it likely stemmed from a short virus i had. Despite trying a steroid nasal spray which did nothing and antibiotics which i had to stop half way through the course as they made me feel terribly ill, i'm still plagued by this blocky ear - it's not constant and always worse after exercise. I feel there is no point going back to the doctor as last time he said that sometimes it's a waiting game until it clears up. And in the worst ear i do get a high pitch type sound now and again - is that tinnitus? Not life threatening but so annoying.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2023, 04:57:22 PM »

Babylou - it will depend on which type of breast disease your Mum has been treated for.  Also, Quality of Life is important. 

I often complain that my feet are cold but to DH they feel 'normal'  ::).  I've been cold from mid-thighs downwards this week even in bed  >:(

HellowSam666 - I have a high pitched whistle slightly outside the L ear today - sometimes putting my little finger in to give it a good wriggle with release the sensation 4 a very short while, we call it 'spaniel ear'  ::)

HelloSam666

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2023, 05:03:08 PM »

Hi CLKD,

I'll try this, thank you. Along with that, i'm constantly opening my mouth really wide to help clear the block or gently holding nose and blowing. It's not a great look in a restaurant  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2023, 05:11:32 PM »

;D. .......... I have allergic rhinitis so a change of temperature makes me sneeze!  So we don't eat out often  ::) as I start snuffling ........  :(

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]