Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 10961 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2023, 10:36:41 PM »

Bounced

CLKD

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 05:48:34 PM »

Still buzzing  >:(.  Annoying  :(  :-\

babylou

• First Flush
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2023, 11:37:54 AM »

I've been suffering tinnitus for a couple of weeks now. Arrived after a pretty bad cold after terrible blocky ears. Cold has gone and left me with this  :-\

Could be peri related though, as I think I'm in the throes of that now too....

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2023, 12:28:16 PM »

"babylou" ........ welcome.  R U able to share your symptoms with us? 

A pharmacist may be able to advise regarding the blocked ear feeling.  Let us know.

babylou

• First Flush
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2023, 10:07:49 PM »

Thanks CLKD

Tinnitus symptoms,  buzzing/ringing behind left ear area. Blocked feeling has gone now. But the cold seems to be  lingering on and off. Most of the time I can hardly notice, but sometimes it seems louder.  I've used decongestants to ease the blocked sinuses. :)

Peri symptoms.  Broken sleep, night sweats, but not sweaty, just hot. Irregular periods, coming closer together, and heavy. Anxiety is bad, especially when the ear ringing starts. I get cold 'insides' when it's cold,  especially legs.

Haven't looked at HRT, as mum had breast cancer recently,  so not sure I'm able.

HelloSam666

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2023, 03:34:35 PM »

I've had a blocked ear on and off since just before Christmas (like the blocked ears when flying). The doctor said it likely stemmed from a short virus i had. Despite trying a steroid nasal spray which did nothing and antibiotics which i had to stop half way through the course as they made me feel terribly ill, i'm still plagued by this blocky ear - it's not constant and always worse after exercise. I feel there is no point going back to the doctor as last time he said that sometimes it's a waiting game until it clears up. And in the worst ear i do get a high pitch type sound now and again - is that tinnitus? Not life threatening but so annoying.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2023, 04:57:22 PM »

Babylou - it will depend on which type of breast disease your Mum has been treated for.  Also, Quality of Life is important. 

I often complain that my feet are cold but to DH they feel 'normal'  ::).  I've been cold from mid-thighs downwards this week even in bed  >:(

HellowSam666 - I have a high pitched whistle slightly outside the L ear today - sometimes putting my little finger in to give it a good wriggle with release the sensation 4 a very short while, we call it 'spaniel ear'  ::)

HelloSam666

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2023, 05:03:08 PM »

Hi CLKD,

I'll try this, thank you. Along with that, i'm constantly opening my mouth really wide to help clear the block or gently holding nose and blowing. It's not a great look in a restaurant  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2023, 05:11:32 PM »

;D. .......... I have allergic rhinitis so a change of temperature makes me sneeze!  So we don't eat out often  ::) as I start snuffling ........  :(

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2024, 08:23:22 AM »

It's like a background white noise outside my head, slightly behind me  :o [on no it isn't] ......... Continually  :-\

At least when I lay down on my pillow at night the pulsation sensations have gone.

marge

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2024, 02:19:16 PM »

I developed tinnitus earlier this year. It would come and go, left ear only, and nothing too bothersome. But these last few weeks it’s settled into a pattern of a couple of tinnitus-free days, then a tinnitus day, couple of free days, then a tinnitus day and so on. Don’t understand it.

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2024, 02:41:07 PM »

It's random sometimes.

marge

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2024, 06:08:45 PM »

You’re so right CLKD!

Dierdre

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2024, 08:23:52 AM »

My tinitus has been bad again after a virus that attacked my inner ear a couple of months ago. Fluid from that then caused an infection last week that antibiotics cleared quite quickly and the fluid seems to have cleared finally.
I've noticed tinitus gets worse when stressed and also when my neck is stiff from the damp weather. Went abroad last week and after a few days in the sun was much better. The tinnitus goes completely sometimes depending on the positioning and support of my neck. Neck injury or arthritis can cause tinitus too.
It's been reported tinitus sufferers can be Vitimin D and B12 deficient.

CLKD

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2024, 08:55:26 AM »

Tnx Dierdre!   Snuck away to the sunshine without letting us know, ;-) I await the postcard  ;D

Mine is quiet so far. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]