Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Covid Booster for all over 50's  (Read 2518 times)

Katejo

Re: Covid Booster for all over 50's
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 07:54:22 PM »

It's been announced that all over 50's are to be offered the booster in the autumn.  I'm feeling very anxious now after I thought it was just to be offered to over 65's.  I really don't want another as I truly haven't felt well since my first one.  But, as it is at the moment, I'm sure this will be a stipulation for overseas travel so will be coerced into it for the sake of my holiday.   I'm just getting over having Covid, and although it wasn't nice, I think I would rather risk getting it again, as opposed to risk the side effects of the vaccine.  How has this fourth (or fifth in some cases) dose been trialled?  How do we know the long term effects of having all these vaccine doses in one year?  This news is already affecting my anxiety and I don't want to feel like this.  Is anyone else feeling apprehensive?
  I will have it done when offered. I felt a bit unwell for 24 hours after the 1st and the booster but it is still worth doing.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 09:38:59 PM »

Holidaylover …. There are still plenty of places you can take a holiday without covidtesting/evidence.  We just went to Corfu and no problems at all. I think Spain will drop their requirements soon too.

My friend should be back from Spain tomorrow so I will ask her about it.

ElkWarning

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 06:01:18 AM »

I was pretty unwell after my first two jabs (AZ), had the Pfizer booster with no ill effects. What was weird, when I had Covid, was that it felt exactly the same as my reaction to the AZ jabs. I honestly don't know whether I felt so crap because of the virus or because somehow my immune system was a bit buggered ...

I saw a massage therapist a couple of weeks after I recovered and asked for a kind of immune detox. I was as sick as a dog for a week.

At this stage, I don't know whether I'll have more jabs. I'm uncertain what further research/development has taken place because the results don't seem to be widely available. It doesn't help that big pharma are making massive profits from the treatment and so I feel that this also plays into an overall safety picture.

Long story short, I just don't know, but I can see the hospitalisations taking of again and that's a huge worry.

star35

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2022, 07:10:53 AM »

I had the first two jabs no problems at all. The third one I am still having symptoms from,months later. DH is exactly the same if it was just me I wouldn't have been sure it was the jab but as we are both experiencing the same things then I am sure it is the jab that is causing it. I am not willing to risk another one although DH thinks he might.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2022, 08:02:58 AM »

star35 - which symptoms are hanging on?

star35

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »

Muscle pain in my legs sometimes I struggle to put one foot in front of the other, continuous tiredness. I have started physio to see if that will help with the muscles.
Pages: 1 [2]