Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment  (Read 6750 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worried about Pfizer Booster. Need Encouragment
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »

Diedre - how are you feeling?  Any better?  Is it like a cold with aches and pains ?   :foryou:

holidaylover

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2021, 03:09:39 PM »

loonarider, How you feeling about your booster tomorrow?  I had mine last night.  Had a bit of a panic before I went in, and a bit of a panic when I came back out waiting on an allergic reaction or whatever to occur.  Still have the palpitations, (results still not back from July tests) but Doctor reassured me at appointment yesterday afternoon that I would need to weigh up the benefits during a Pandemic.  He told me that if he had a family member in my situation, (palpitations since 1st jab), that he would still recommend they take the booster.  So that's what I did, and today all I have is a sore black and blue arm.  I think if you discuss your worries either with your Doctor in advance or with the vaccinators they will be very understanding and put you at ease.  Good luck.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2021, 03:51:41 PM »

Tnx for the update.  My arm was sore when I laid on it.  No bruising at all, I wasn't aware that I had been jabbed. 

Dierdre

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2021, 06:09:55 PM »

Diedre - how are you feeling?  Any better?  Is it like a cold with aches and pains ?   :foryou:
Well it's been a week I wouldn't want to repeat in a hurry and although over the worst, I think, still very weak. It's been like the flu or a really bad cold, sore throat and croaky deep voice, headache, runny nose, coughing but not on my chest, caused by post nasel drip in the throat mainly.  Feeling totally drained. Never had a temperature. Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Lemsips, cough lintus and throat lozengers all did the trick and I'm hopefully on the mend. Still in isolation until Boxing Day but doubt if I'd be going anywhere sooner than that anyway, still need a few days rest.
I had covid March 2020 plus double jabbed so had some immunity.
Got very anxious a couple of days ago being on my own and nearly had a panic attack, not been there for quite a few years! My daughter came and we talk through the glass door.
It certainly puts life into perspective.
Boris permitting I will be joining my family on Boxing day with a glass of wine in the hot tub (got plenty of vagifem for afterwards as I know it will irritate but lifes too short) Merry Christmas everyone xx
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 06:33:23 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2021, 07:34:23 PM »

Do your lateral flow tests if you can find any  ::) ...... and enjoy that hot tub!   :foryou:

Do U think that you worried more about the cold being possibly 'covid-19' so felt worse than you might have done?  Every time I ache I do wonder  >:(

Dierdre

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2021, 07:44:23 PM »

I knew it was Covid CLKD, I had a positive PCR which is why I was anxious and not allowed out until Boxing Day. ::)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 07:47:49 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2021, 08:19:14 PM »

Feet up then ;-) ? 

Dierdre

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2021, 08:25:37 PM »

Pretty much👍

Dierdre

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2021, 09:57:32 AM »

Looks like i might be out of isolation before Boxing Day now with the new 7 day rules on isolation and can have Christmas day with my family provided ive had 2 negative LFD tests.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »

Morning - has that arrived in Law yet or is the media muttering about it  :-\.  - is it because so many people across England have tested +ive leaving companies short of man power?  Go for it Girl, go for it!

Dierdre

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2021, 11:07:26 AM »

Yes, it was announced by the Health Secretary, you're right its about staffing and getting people back to work that aren't ill but still were isolating.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2021, 12:12:06 PM »

I may have asked B4  :-\ but at which point do we pass on the Virus?  The day it lands on us, when we develop symptoms, when we are free of symptoms .........

How R U this morning?

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2021, 12:57:39 PM »

Tnx so much, DH interpreted it for me  ::)

3 days to catch it, 3 days to have it, 3 days to give it away .......... with a cold. 

Usually my left arm itches like fury 3 days prior to a cold starting: the area where I had my BCG injection at age 13.  So I've had my jabs in the R arm each time. 

Dorothy

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2021, 03:31:35 PM »

Had my booster a week ago and just got rid of the shivers/aches & pains.  My symptoms have lasted the same length of time for all three jabs, but were definitely much more severe first time round.  The last two, it's been unpleasant, but I've been able to keep going - first one floored me for a week!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5