Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Crippling anxiety and noise sensitivity  (Read 26468 times)

Michelle7474

Re: Crippling anxiety and noise sensitivity
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2021, 05:10:53 PM »

Hi Helen
Glad you did your run , & enjoy your drink you deserve it
Immmmmm so happy your 90% Back to normal self
Gives me hope whenever I hear of people feeling back to normal
One day I will be here saying the same ..it could be this year or 13 years time lol

Mad how all GP are different.. if I can help it I don’t phone mine up now

Enjoy your drink and cheers xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #226 on: September 25, 2021, 05:50:47 PM »

Well done Helen on completing your run!! That’s a long distance!
Enjoy your drink x
It’s great to hear you are feeling so much better… it gives us hope.
Can you remind me what happened to start your anxiety?

Yes Michelle… we will feel better one day! Xx

gm_thomson

« Reply #227 on: September 25, 2021, 08:57:44 PM »

I really really hope we all feel better soon… Do you guys know if there are stories on here of people who went through all this and came out the other side and are now better?

Yesterday evening was all good asides dizziness and I went to bed expecting and hoping for a good nights sleep. But I woke up at least twice with this feeling of, almost panic. It was weird. It was like my brain wanted to panic and I could feel it coming on but somehow I managed to distract myself and fall asleep again. I woke up this morning with anxious tummy (and soft poo) but it passed quite quickly and I have had a very low anxiety day. Its now 5pm and the evening is ahead and I am feeling a tad more anxious now but am hoping it too will pass instead of get worse. Wish me luck or I might be back on here later!

That brain hormone thing is interesting… cant wait to hear more!

Hopeful

« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2021, 09:40:48 PM »

Hi Suzy
This is my story
I am 59 and 5 years post menopause (2016), in 2017 I started HRT as had finally given up trying to cope with hot flushes/night sweats and terrible health anxiety heart palpatations and insomnia episodes.
I started on fem seven conti but when they were no longer available went on Everol conti these worked well,however I had some headaches and breast tingling after about 18months so cut down to half a patch which was still good.
Then last July (2020) I came off entirely and felt great for 2 months then health anxiety and heart palpatations started. The anxiety, insomnia and night sweats increased dramatically, the anxiety took over everything and I had ecg’s and echo which were all ok.
I restarted fem Seven conti 11 weeks ago and have gradually got better.

So as you see unlike you I am better on HRT than off however I am also post menopause not peri. We are all so different but one thing is the same ANXIETY is awful.

gm_thomson

« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2021, 12:33:07 AM »

Hi Helen, thanks for sharing your story. Sorry you are still suffering with this. The anxiety is the worst. I am somewhere mid peri.. 5 months since a period but the last time it was 4 months then I had two periods in a row.

This evening was brutal. Bad bad anxiety. What bugs me is that I was feeling great all day and started to feel slight anxious again so thought I would try reading about DARE to see if it would help. Really I think it made it worst cos now I am focusing on the anxiety instead of distracting myself. Sigh. I stopped reading it 30mins ago and am watching tv now and its starting to pass. The book does make sense though, I agree I am anxious about feeling anxious so I need to find a way to not be as it just causes a loop.

All - I am not on meds right now of any sort. My flashes the last week have dropped to a handful a day instead of. The 20 + I was having but the anxiety is now every day. I really dont want to go on ADs if I can help it but I suspect I may have to because I am not sure I can keep having this anxiety every day. I am seeing the doctor on Wednesday to review some of my results and we will see, although we wont have all the results as I am not due the echocardiogram till Oct 19 and the stress test and cardiologist review Nov 3.

The doctor wants me on Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)… i dont think you get it in the UK?

Michelle7474

« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »

Hi Gwen ,Suzy and Helen

Sorry you had a bad night Gwen , it’s mad how it just sneaks up on us
I hope when your at GP you get answers & hope all tests are good

Helen
Seems you struggled for a while , but glad things are looking better for you
I hope you continue to feel better daily

I’m early peri and just each day is different , I’ve not yet missed a period but have all other symptoms ..
I hope things get better for me
I wouldn’t rule out HRT but I would like to see how far I can go without it.
Almost 9 weeks off it now so hoping for big improvements in the coming weeks/months

Hi Suzy
How are you this morning ? Hope your ok
I woke up at 6 and fell back to sleep for an hour .. and woke up jittery and feel a little anxious & have like a stuffy nose .. jittery seems the norm for me and usually sometimes passes
I also feel like im mid cycle and ovulating which I think is about right timing wise, so that’s why could be a little anxious
Hopefully tho it passes as the day goes on

Gonna have my self and cuppa and go from there .. not much to do today so I’ll be finding things to do Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2021, 09:55:49 AM »

Good morning ladies,

Gwen, I’m glad your day was better, that’s a real positive.  It’s pretty disheartening when anxiety sets in out of nowhere. The day can be so different from hour to hour… it’s crazy!

Helen, thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you went through the hell of withdrawal too.
I honestly don’t know what to do about HRT. I really didn’t suit the everol conti… but who knows if I would suit something else.
I have been without a period for over 2 1/2 years before going on HRT… and I had no anxiety for all that time. I’m just counting down the weeks until I see some slight improvement.

Michelle, mornings are a really tough time.  Hopefully you should start to see some kind of improvement soon… 9 weeks feels so long..

My morning has been hideous. I woke early. Jittery. My foot waggling in bed drives my husband mad I think… I don’t realise I’m doing it! It’s the excess adrenaline…. I had the usual dry heaving… took a  10mg ( quartered one of the 40mg) propranolol…. Felt like it wanted to knock me out, but still really anxious. Won’t be using it again, really don’t like it.  Had a hot bath to try and calm down…. Didn’t last long as it gave me flushes… then cried to my husband for about an hour!! Shitty shitty morning. I actually feel better after a good cry. Haven’t cried in a few days. Those dark suicidal thoughts were creeping in again.

Week 7 of patch removal for me…..

Michelle7474

« Reply #232 on: September 26, 2021, 10:18:07 AM »

Ohhh Suzy you are really having it bad just past few weeks.
I always find after a cry I feel slightly better and I don’t get tearful very often only when sometimes this is at it’s worst I sit and sob.
It’s madness that hormones can cause this & I always think is it something else but I know it’s hormones as all blood tests was fine ..
I didn’t like proponol , made me dizzy lightheaded and just not me & nauseous , but it does work wonders for others
I’m currently sitting under the fan as I’m hot today , think because I’m mid cycle that’s only thing I can put down too
I wanna wake up and feel great , wonder how long that is gonna take

9 weeks Tuesday is long , as your 7 weeks are .. seem like a lifetime ago especially as I was suffering whilst on patch aswell & I’m waiting for that day that I can say yay I’m ok
It’s no where near as bad as it was but all the same it’s there

Suzy could it be your AD aswell I wonder
Hopefully tho you start seeing a positive change soon

I’ve not done much as of yet and in truthfulness I don’t wanna do anything, but I will.

Still unable to get fuel , so looks like I’ll be going to my dads funeral in work van .. aslong as I get there that’s all that matters .. absolute joke how the media as sent everyone into a panic

Suzy I hope your day gets better , sending you a big hug as I know how it feels and it’s not nice.

Xxx

Suzysheep

« Reply #233 on: September 26, 2021, 11:04:24 AM »

Thanks Michelle,

It’s been a tough few weeks for sure.
I really don’t know if it’s the ads… I dropped from 40 to 30mg… so it might be…..

Oh no, I can’t believe you can’t get petrol! That’s awful. I’m sorry it’s added more stress to an already stressful situation xxx

Michelle7474

« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »

Hi Suzy
How as your day been ? Hope it got better
We finally have diesel woop
I’m so thankful that we can go in the car and not a van ., but I woulda gone regardless

I’ve been on and off jittery today , did the usual clean cook shower , sorted stuff for Ipswich & went out to shops and cash point .. so I got out there :)
Hope your day got better Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2021, 05:02:58 PM »

Yes Michelle, my day got better thank god! Just managed a small roast dinner.
Went out for a walk with my husband and dog… sat in the fresh air looking out to sea for a while. It did me good to get out of the house.

Whoop whoop… yay you got diesel! I’m so relieved for you!
Do you go up tomorrow?
Glad you got out and about… I think you are making progress I really do. A couple of weeks ago you couldn’t go out. Xx

Michelle7474

« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2021, 05:11:58 PM »

I’m so glad that your day was better .. makes it more manageable
We are going to drive tomorrow evening as I have hospital & husband will be at work .. but we rather go tomorrow as my dads funeral is 10.30 and would mean we have to leave early Tuesday morning.

Yes Suzy deffo much better as like you said unless i was in car with husband I wouldn’t go anywhere alone
And I don’t go that far now but I do it alone.
I still feel I don’t know how to put it .. like tetchy when im out , like im waiting for something to happen kinda thing as in aniexty/panic
But I will keep pushing myself, but I won’t put to much pressure on myself as wanna move forward not backwards kinda thing

I hope you have a good relaxing evening Suzy. Xx

Suzysheep

« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2021, 05:21:37 PM »

I know what you mean by feeling tetchy… on our walk today, I saw a couple of people who we know, and chatted… but I felt nervy and edgy and just wanted to move on… really weird, as normally I would chat for ages!

Good luck with everything tomorrow and Tuesday. I hope it all goes as well as it can and your dad gets a great send off xx hugs xx

Michelle7474

« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2021, 06:00:29 PM »

I was like that the other day .. I see 3 people and felt nervous .. & wanted to just carry on walking .. it was like they interrupted my plans kinda thing
I did chat but like you not for long as I felt I needed to rush off

Thankyou Suzy :)
He will have a great send off , he deserves the best we can give him
Rain is forecasted but he loved the rain said was good for his garden lol

Xxx

gm_thomson

« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2021, 11:34:36 PM »

Hello all

I delayed posting today because I didnt want to jinx things, I so far (touch wood) have had a very low anxiety day yay! I spent the day pottering around the garden and even managed to have a snooze which I have been too anxious to do for weeks! Although I can feel it start to creep up again sigh.

Michelle - is the stuffy nose the same as mine ie hormonal before flushes… or something else? Take care today and Tuesday, I hope it all goes well (as well as it can) x.

Suzy - your dark suicidal thoughts statement worries me although sounds like it passed. Please tell me you have someone you can call to talk to.. I hate to think of you going through this. Remember it’s only temporary, this will pass!

Helen - how was your weekend?

This should be a fun week (not!) i have the doctor on Wednesday and then Friday have the dentist. What I would really really love though is a massage. I feel like I really need one. Meanwhile with covid I am a tad reluctant to do that. You know whats weird with me (yes another thing) I have been unable to cry recently. I cried a little maybe 3 weeks ago when I had a panic attack but since then although I have wanted to, i kinda havent been able to. All I can think is my anxiety is overdrive fight or flight and maybe crying doesnt fit into that. A good weep would do me good too i think.. Oh well Monday tomorrow and back to work!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25