Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anyone had heavy weak legs and crashing fatigue?  (Read 5474 times)

Jett

Anyone had heavy weak legs and crashing fatigue?
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:25:39 AM »

Hi everyone,

For the last couple of months (since my COVID jabs actually) I have regularly had really heavy and tired legs usually followed shortly with total crashing fatigue.  It’s not every day but has been most days.  I usually do a lot of exercise and just not up to it.

It’s been 3 weeks since my second vaccination.  I am wondering if it has knocked my hormones out, if this is a menopause symptom anyone else has, or if it’s something else altogether.

I am going to call the doc this week, I kept waiting for it to pass but it doesn’t get any better.  I am not taking any HRT or medication just how only herbal supplements (which I actually came off to see if I was poisoning myself!!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or experiences which might help me understand what the freak is going on  :o

Jett xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone had heavy weak legs and crashing fatigue?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 11:34:39 AM »

Crashing fatigue is a symptom of peri-menopause. 

When did U have a full blood count to include thyroid function and VitD levels?  Also VitB12?

U can also report these effects on the Yellow Card if you think it's vaccine related.

Jett

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 03:48:47 PM »

Thanks for your reply CLKD.

I have not had bloods done in over a year so I will ask for this to be done.  I will also try the vit D and B12 to see if they help any.  I will post the blood results if it does turn out to be something that tests pick up.

Not sure if it is connected to the jabs or not, I have had this feeling a long time ago but never so often or persistent.

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 03:50:13 PM »

Don't add anything in the way of supplements until after the blood tests or the readings will be skewed.

I remember my Mum would be in the middle of a chore, sit on the settee suddenly and sleep for a couple of hours.  I assume that was in peri ...........

LyndaC

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »

Hi there - just joined the forum hence the late reply to your post! I'm only a week or two into the most horrible symptoms. I can walk about 5 minutes before I have to rest. I have palpitations and exhaustion. Never felt so wiped out and worried that this is it and a zero energy life  :'(
How are you now? Did anything work for you?

marge

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »

The Link is suggesting a solution which they promote.  It mentions Restless Legs - eating bananas daily cured mine although I am aware of both legs 'pulling' in the day.  If I haven't had enough bananas in a week - lack of potassium which the fruit contains - 2 Nurofen B4 bed helps me sleep.  I've hung legs over the edge of the bed or tried to sleep with them elevated: not a pretty sight  ::)

I wonder whether we should all elevate our legs, men and women - after a 'certain' age?  Crashing fatigue is awful  :-\

appey

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2021, 03:43:40 PM »

Hi Lynda C
I am suffering with this chronic fatigue too and have had lots of palpitations, which have always been an issue for me. Ive had my heart checked out and all is fine but the chronic fatigue is really getting to me. It feels like what I would imagine long covid to be like. I’ve posted my story on another thread too. Have just started taking oestrogel and utrogestan. Really hoping that helps.

Hope you are ok xx

Jett

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 02:39:20 PM »

Hi everyone, thanks for the info you have added to this thread, some really interesting stuff.

Lynda C, sorry I just saw your question.  I haven’t been to the doctor for blood tests as I started taking a high strength Vit B12 supplement and it really seems to have helped with the fatigue and my legs in particular.

Sending best wishes to everyone,
Jxx

Jo4545

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 07:44:07 PM »

I also have this crushing fatigue, heavy legs and can't walk very far at all (this time last year I was walking 7 or 8 miles two or three times a week - now I struggle to make it around the Supermarket).

This started and gradually got worse to the point it is now once I'd had my Covid vaccines in March/May. I actually thought there was something really really wrong with me before I joined this forum and read posts like this.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 07:38:50 AM »

It may be that the vaccine has altered hormones levels, I read something recently but being meno-brained, can't remember where.  We are decorating so all the papers that I've kept 'to read later' got thrown so I can't even refer to let you know  :-\

KAH

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 04:37:53 PM »

Pleased to read this post, it’s put my mind to rest a bit!
For the past few months I’ve also had severe fatigue, I can’t 100% say it’s since my jabs but it could well be.
I work from home (cake maker/baker) and make sure I take an hours lunch break where I usually have my lunch and read a book, these past few months I eat then fight the rest of the hour to keep my eyes open! That’s not like me at all, I’m ok if I keep going but the minute I sit and relax I’m just exhausted 🥱
My periods have been affected since my jabs, they’re not regular anyway, but the last one was the most painful I’ve ever had and was SO heavy! Really think there is something in the suggestion the jabs affect the hormones

Jasmine20

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 10:17:08 PM »

The common denominator seems to be the Covid jab for many who have posted to this thread.

These reactions should be reported to the MHRA yellow card scheme:https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

sweettooth

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »

I was sorted on Estrogen and since vaccine I have struggled with racing heart, palps, anxiety now low mood.  Symptom of heavy tired legs returned also!  My Estrogen doesn’t seem to be working same😢

Gnatty

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 03:48:37 PM »

Have you considered adding in testosterone? Particularly for low mood low energy inability to exercise, build muscle etc. Louise Newson just brought out a new Podcast on this very topic.