Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Osteo arthritis in hands  (Read 2410 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Osteo arthritis in hands
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 11:27:33 AM »

GPs are 'open for business'.  Matt says so!  No problem in my Surgery, especially when I put foot down with firm hand. 

Ring, explain that you need to speak to a GP in the Surgery and if not, would a house call be possible ;-).  Or tell them that you are on your way ? ?  There is no reason why face2face isn't possible .......... take a list with you.

jaycee

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2021, 11:51:19 AM »

Yes she says it is too risky to be on any HRT,I WILL TRY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MY OWN dR,WHEN I WENT OFF THEM BEFORE AND THEN GOT THIS PROBLEM WITH JOINTS,I JUST LEFT A MESSAGE FOR HIM AND ASKED FOR THEM BACK,AND EXPLAINED WHY,HE JUST PUT THEM BACK ON MY REPEAT PRESCRIPTION, NO QUESTIONS ASKED,
Sorry blooming caps on

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 12:04:35 PM »

;D ........... let us know how you get on?  [The Government was planning on making ZOOM the single way to 'visit' a GP but that has been over-ruled, due to the public reminding them who pays the wages of the NHS]! 

jaycee

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »

I will let you know,not ringing today had a few things to do and popped out,so will be in all day tomorrow, can wait for a call back
I think Drs should be able to see people now face to face,and not everyone has the internet anyway

suzysunday

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2021, 05:04:54 PM »

Really hope you get somewhere.  Quality of life is so important.   You shouldn't just be fobbed off.

jaycee

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 11:40:41 AM »

Rang the Drs this morning, can't get an appointment [even telephone] until th 12th of July, :o 8)
Receptionist said try ringing at 8 am tomorrow, see if they can fit me in
When are these Drs going to get back to working normally if ever,this is just ridiculous ,fuming
 >:(

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 12:02:37 PM »

Can U turn up at the surgery?  Ringing is rarely the 'way to go' as the 'phone is either engaged or no one answers!  I phoned a couple of weeks ago, was '1st in the queue' for 15 mins, then told that they could no longer deal with the call. 

Or write a note, put through the surgery door asking for your particular GP to phone you - give them a time too, so that you don't sit waiting for a call which might not happen?

It's the front of house staff with no medical training at all that are in some surgeries, deciding who will speak/see a GP! I wonder if the BMA is covering them with Insurance should someone die!

jaycee

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2021, 09:35:09 AM »

I have finally got a telephone appointment on the 5th of July,rang at 8am and was already 16th in the queue
I can continue to ring at 8am and maybe get an earlier one

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »

Criky - that's not good enough.

Sadly many GPs who qualified in the 1980s are retiring and not many trainees seem to want to be GPs.  As with dentists, there will be a gap in the NHS health care system.

suzysunday

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 10:02:04 AM »

July 5 is ridiculous.  Unfortunately it seems whatever complaints, letters,. anything you do to change things is futile.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 10:59:37 AM »

Any improvement in over all pain and movement?

jaycee

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2021, 04:48:50 PM »

*CLKD* no improvement,in fact lower back is aching now as well, i will wait for the 5th of July appointment now i think,and if it's a Dr i don't know i will ask for my own Dr
Top of legs ache when walking, so can't walk too far or fast

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2021, 05:43:20 PM »

It's not good enough.  Who won't let you speak to a GP until 5th July, a receptionist?  Since when have they had control - I refuse to tell ours my personal symptoms ;-). 

jaycee

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2021, 07:28:55 PM »

Yes receptionists like to tell you what you can and can't do, she asked me why i wanted to speak to a Dr,i said it's personal
I had to ring my sons surgery in Deceber,he has troule walking due to illness, and he hasnt been able to see a Dr for a long time or have treatment,he is a twin and both got the same illness,my other son has been well looked after and able to speak to his Dr,and talk about any problems,they
 both have Haemochromatosis, and should have blood tests and venesections to keep their ferritin down,
 The other twin has been able to do this since march, the one who couldn't see his Dr,seemed to be ignored,he couldn't get out of the bath one day,and was stuck in there for about 2 hours
I rang his surgery to ask for an appointment for him,and explained what had happened
The receptionist said "can't he come and live with you" i was fuming and said he has his own flat,and it took a lot of red tape to get it, i said he needs an appointment,she said can't put him in until March
I then rang and asked to speak to the manager and when i did i made a complaint,and now he is having treatment
No one should have to go through that

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2021, 06:59:00 AM »

That's disgusting.  I don't think those responses are rare nor are they GP led.  There's been a lot of similar in the letters page of the Telegraph.

It doesn't take 5 mins to write down that a patient has concerns, hand it to a GP/Practice Nurse and a 'phone call be made.  Many medics have been standing around doing not a lot in some areas of the UK.

When I've been to my surgery for blood tests there's been no one else in the waiting room - plenty of Staff but not patients. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3