Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anybody still experiencing pressure, tension headaches post astrazeneca? :(  (Read 2175 times)

loonarider

Hi,

I began a post about a month and 2 weeks ago regarding horrible head pain (not your usual headaches) that came on after the first jab of the astrazeneca vaccine.

The pain which I thought would leave within the first week which felt like my head is in a vice, zaps going from left to right side, at the back near the top of my spine and generally feeling like my head is going to explode.

These symptoms have literally made my life miserable where I cannot even do the simplest tasks, cannot sleep as its way worse and the doctors have fobbed everything off as your regular headache and advised on taking Nurofen and paracemtol which does diddley squat to relieve the pain and pressure.

One doctor said it was anxiety and I nearly hit the roof. It isn't anxiety, it isn't a normal headache and I'm getting a bit fed up with the lack of understanding.

I have NEVER had this pain before and it's ruining my life.

To cut a long story short, only in the past few weeks have I felt fine, but guess what a few days ago, they are back with a vengeance and now my health anxiety is sky rocketing.

I have a phone appointment at 8:40 am this morning for something else, but will mention this... Again.

I also think it's time to take a trip to A and E. Try and get a brain scan, D dimer test and find out what the heck is wrong with me.

I'm so sick to death of feeling this way and thinking I'm going to die of a brain haemorrhage since the 1st of May. This is not the way to live. We need answers as I'm not the only person dealing with this.

Just go over to the open access government page concerning Astrazeneca and there are many women (seems men aren't getting the same symptoms or are unreporting ) miserable as myself with the same symptoms. :'(

Anybody else still dealing with this horrible head pain? I was quite happy ducking and diving, double masking and avoiding contracting covid before the vaccine to be honest. This is grim.

My 2nd jab appointment is quickly approaching (in July) and I said to myself, if this doesn't let up I won't bother with the second jab. This is unreal  *sighs*
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 07:35:20 AM by loonarider »

groundhog

Hi, A few weeks after my second I had a mri on abdomen, day after massive spikey headache. Phoned hospital to see if this could have been related to mri and they said no. They asked when I’d had vaccine and when I said 2 weeks earlier they said go gp or A&E.
Gp saw me immediately and reassured me nothing to do with vaccine., linked to another health issue.

loonarider

Hi, A few weeks after my second I had a mri on abdomen, day after massive spikey headache. Phoned hospital to see if this could have been related to mri and they said no. They asked when I’d had vaccine and when I said 2 weeks earlier they said go gp or A&E.
Gp saw me immediately and reassured me nothing to do with vaccine., linked to another health issue.

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back. In the end the pain was so unbearable I ended up in A and E.

Thankfully my platelets are normal, and then they said they were concerned about the head pain and the length of it (pretty much all day everyday since the Vaccine).

So they suggested a scan of my brain. Everything fine.

So I guess I will have to wait for these side effects bugger off. That could be any time between now and next year at this rate. Ooft

allie007

I've been feeling really rough for over 3 weeks now after my 2nd AZ jab. I ended up in A&E because my headache was getting worse and not responding to anything. Had bloods and a CT, all clear, so they gave me tablets for migraine. I'm absolutely shattered all the time, headache evwry day, i'm falling asleep when I get in from work and Ive also had tinnitus since the jab aswell 😔. Swnding hugs x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Do get in touch with others suffering long Covid effects. 

Headaches can be caused by dehydration.  We had the AZ and 36 hours after I was extremely thirsty, I never rush to the tap but was drinking a lot of fizzy, bottled water even through the night.

allie007

Good advice CLKD👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Let us know how you get on ya all  ;)

allie007

My tinnitus is still there, a month after the jab. Have an apt with my GP tomorrow.

loonarider

Let us know how you get on ya all  ;)

I will. Mine has subsided again, but this is been happening for the past 2 months now. I'd have ba migraines for 5 days and then nothing, thinking I'm out of the woods, only for them to return..   :(