Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety/adrenaline rush/ horrible feeling  (Read 2170 times)

Chrissyjo

Anxiety/adrenaline rush/ horrible feeling
« on: May 05, 2021, 11:59:01 AM »

Help! Does anyone get random waves of a  weird uncomfortable feeling ? Not sure how to describe it.
It feels like a rush of a hot flush without the heat and it’s not nice, I usually panic and get anxiety when it happens
I have constant anxiety all the time now, I’ve always suffered from it my whole life but I’ve managed it. Now I feel it’s out of control.
I’m 49, started peri menopause around 44. I’ve suffered hot flushes since then.
I can have 10+ a day most days  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety/adrenaline rush/ horrible feeling
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 12:23:20 PM »

Yep.  Hormones  >:( ............

4 me adrenaline surges are like hot water flushing through my veins.  I got used to it eventually.  However, from the age of 3 I've had panic attacks which have been eased with 'propranolol' betablockas as well as anti-anxiety medication as necessary.  I am prescribed anti-depressant medication since 1988. 

MayB when it happens stand/lay still, breath deeply so that you slow down. 

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 03:10:54 PM »

Yep,like clkd says....hormones,it's a horrid feeling,like a surge,I used to get a feeling of like butterflies in my stomach,sometimes I wake through the night with a bout of anxiety,it's learning how to try and control it,not always easy sadly but you're not alone on here  :)

Ellen May

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 07:44:24 PM »

Anxiety has been the worst symptom for me, that rising feeling of panic for no apparent reason. I’ve never really experienced anxiety before but it started with a bang when I was 49 and hasn’t really gone in 4 years.
However I have found that walking every day, regardless of the weather, really really helps me along with healthy diet, sleep and yoga.
I have recently started HRT which seemed to be helping but I get shocking headaches when taking the utrogestan so not sure how long I will stay on it. But it is certainly good at managing the anxiety.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »

Hi Ellen May - have you tried to use the search box to see how others have been - put the name of the HRT into it and see if anything pops up?

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:29:39 PM »

Hi Chrissyjo. As others have said this is a typical Meno feeling and I agree it's horrible. It's the surge of adrenaline which gives the anxiety, feelings of panic, impending doom, nausea, might-need-the-loo quick and then exhaustion. Have you considered HRT? That's the only thing that stopped this for me. I started peri at 49 and went onto HRT at 53.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Chrissyjo

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 06:22:13 AM »

Thanks for everybody’s replies. I haven’t tried HRT as yet as I’m a smoker and I’ve heard it’s not good. I’m only a light smoker but I’m not quite ready to quit yet
I’m glad I’m not alone with my anxiety crap.
Does anyone feel worse when they go out in public ?
I get scared I’ll have an attack in front of people so I can’t do anything that leaves me stuck.
I can’t go to the dentist as I feel trapped in the chair. Shopping queues are hell too.
The thought of getting an attack is bringing them on which isn’t helping

daisie

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 08:25:21 AM »

hi chrissyjo you are not on your own im suffering bad anxiety iv had it all through the menopause its not gone away iv finished up agrophobic if it wasnt for my partner i wouldnt get out the thought of going out on my own gives me a rush of panic its got worse for me as time has gone on im starting a different antidepressant iv had quite a few but side effects i couldnt tolerate morning is the worst time for me i wake up with panic it tends to ease as the day goes on x

warwick01

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 10:31:29 AM »

HI

Me too. I remember in my late 30s I started with these adrenalin rush at ovulation. I have them regular now just like Taz explained. With me, its the mental aspect as I imagine a terrible thing happening..... Intrusive thoughts. I suffered same after I had my child. That lasted  a couple of years. This has been going on longer for me. Hormones :-\

Wx

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 07:47:01 AM »

I suffered panic attacks in my 30s too,it was getting to the stage I couldn't go out the front door and being a single mum with a young child was proving difficult, I read a fantastic self help book,which sadly can't remember the name of  >:( but it helped me so much,have any of you tried that route?