Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Increase in hrt dose and feel weird  (Read 927 times)

Jojolou1975

• First Flush
Increase in hrt dose and feel weird
« on: February 25, 2021, 09:06:52 PM »

Hi ladies this is my first forum post. I started hrt 2 years ago but over the last 6 months I’ve been feeling floored so I was referred to an nhs menopause clinic, my estradoil levels were checked again came back as >60 so my hrt has been changed from evorel conti to evorel 100 and utrageston . I’ve already had to drop down to 75 as I felt terrible but I still feel very weird, I’d say very anxious nauseas and absolutely spaced out. Is it normal to feel odd with an increase? I haven’t started the utrageston yet I’m scared of feeling even worse so could it be that I’ve gone from being on evorel conti with a continuous dose of progesterone to none? just wondering is this normal?!!! Thank you!!!

Hurdity

Re: Increase in hrt dose and feel weird
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 08:59:55 PM »

Hi Jojolou1975 - I see you had a problem with HRT back in July when you first posted? Sorry to hear things are still problematic.

It all depends where you are in menopause. High oestrogen can cause nausea yes - that's one of the causes of morning sickness in pregnancy. It generally settles after the initial nausea though not necessarily. Usually it;s best to increase a bit at a time rather than a sudden hike in levels - more of a shock to the system that way. If your oestrogen levels are low then you will probably benefit from an increase -also depends how old you are too.

Progesterone withdrawal ( ie from stopping the Evorel conti) shpould only last a few days.

Depending what your cycle is doing you should be taking the utrogestan to protect your womb so maybe think about starting soon?

I hope things have settled now?

Hurdity x