Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Half patches??  (Read 598 times)

neviebelle

Half patches??
« on: February 01, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »

Hi , I’m new to this , actually haven’t even used any of my Eve too conti patches, they are still in the box on my dressing table.   I don’t know why but feel apregensuve about trying them 🤯!! My symptoms are age 52 with brain fog, achy muscles, night sweats some nights, sleep disturbance and feel I’ve lost my ‘mojo’ a little, oh and worry about anything ! I’ve heard people say they use half a patch , can anyone give any views. I thought I could try this first and see how I go?? Also, is it true that they can cause weight gain ? Any views on that from people using it would be much appreciated ... thank you
I was given certraline for the night sweats but I’ve stopped them as they interfered with my ‘mojo’ which is a side effect listed on the packet xx

Joaniepat

Re: Half patches??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 08:29:11 PM »

Hello neviebelle, welcome to the forum!

I can't comment on your query as I don't use this particular product, but I'm sure someone will be along soon. Why are you apprehensive about using these patches? You'll never know until you try, and it might be the best thing you ever did. HRT shouldn't cause weight gain.

JP x

neviebelle

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:33:31 PM »

Thank you for the reply, I don’t really know why, I just keep looking at them thinking I ll start tomorrow 🙄, I’ve read lots of good stories on here Ali g with the not so good but like yiu say I won’t know until I try it xx I think this is a great source of support

Ruby10

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:31:57 AM »

Hi  neviebelle , I use everol conti patches and been on them for 3years with the everol 50 ( estogen )too and they have really helped me. I have cut patches in half for different reasons either to reduce or to add to a patch but i seem to have it balanced now wiith the help of the dr. What dosage have you been given to take ? Are you taking the estrogen patches too? I put a little bit of weigh aroynd my tummy and hips area but just have to be careful with my diet. Any other questions I am happy to answer for you .

neviebelle

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 11:52:17 PM »

Thanks Ruby10
They are 50mg patches - the doctor didn’t prescribe anything else just them.  I’ve still not started them as been feeling great apart from joint pain but I am planning to take the step and try them xx