Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Endometrium hyperplasia  (Read 1456 times)

warwick01

Endometrium hyperplasia
« on: February 19, 2021, 05:12:29 PM »

Hi Ladies

Some advice please - I was diagnosed with Endometrium hyperplasia 2 weeks ago. Advised to change my HRT
from long cycle to combi. Since starting taking my usual 7 day northisterone (waiting for patches to come in stock) I have started bleeding, in fact flooding with clots the size of a 50p. Is this to be expected?? I am on day 3 bleeding. My husband wanted to take me to AE but my thoughts are is because thickness is 7.8mm and should settle in a couple of days.

I have never had such a heavy bleed in my life :-\

Thanks
Wx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Endometrium hyperplasia
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 05:19:56 PM »

:hug:

What does it say on the leaflet in the box?  Any hints there?

MayB ring your surgery or a Pharmacist in the morning for advice?

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »

CLKD

Thanks for your response...... will see how it goes during the night. I was up last night with flooding had a shower at 2.00am. I will ring hospital tomorrow where I had my hyserscopy 2 weeks ago.

Wx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 09:16:12 PM »

How often are you having to change pads and tampons? Heavy bleeding is so worrying but clotting is good as it shows that your clotting mechanism is working. My GP used to suggest taking nurofen (if you can use it) as there was something in it that could slow menstrual bleeding as it slows down prostaglandin production but I'm not sure whether this is useful to you as you obviously have a lot of lining to shed.

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »

There is a drug that the GP can prescribe for heavy bleeding.  I had very heavy painful periods for years, it was The Pill that eased symptoms. 

I used to lay on a large bath towel in the night, plus two thick pads at once and two pairs of knickers. The towel had to be above my waist as the blood seemed to leak upwards somehow .......   If I stood up I would pass clots.  Awful.  Embarrassing.  In the bath clots would leave my body so DH used the water first.  Then I could clear up.   :-\

Let us know how you get on?

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 12:10:30 PM »

Thanks Taz &CLKD

Still heavy but not as bad as I was day before. I do need to shed lining so if I'm not going to do harm will put up with blood loss. Cramps eased so don't need pain relief but when I go to loo it's just blood with a few clots the size of 10p. It was a lot worse the day before clots were bigger and I changed pad every hour. Day 4 today. I know it sounds silly but imagination runs wild and I wonder if I can bleed to death  ::) ::)

Thanks ladies
Wx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »

Yep.  Anything outside 'normal limits' can make the brain go wild.  One can become anaemic with blood loss.  However, bleeding to death is usually due to a wound/injury.  Your womb is shedding normally.  Hopefully the cramps are bearable? that was the worst issue for me.   :-\

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 06:28:36 PM »

Warwick01 I know what you mean about bleeding to death. I had an episode of flooding over the summer lasting 36 hours which sacred me to death. I think it is fairly common, but it is frightening. Glad you're improved.