Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: What to expect from first meno clinic phone consult.  (Read 991 times)

Postmeno3

What to expect from first meno clinic phone consult.
« on: April 13, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I have my first NHS Menopause Clinic phone consultation next week and I'm just wondering what to expect? I've got tons of notes and questions I'll need to make into a concise set of priorities to keep myself focused, but maybe there is a set format for the first session and I don't need to obsess about covering every single base? My goal is to be cleared for resuming systemic HRT, after a very long lay-off, postmenopausally. The reason is severe VA and urogenital issues. Because of my M.E., I'd prefer an easy and reliable regime, though I understand a lot of trial and error may await and no quick fix. Any tips or experiences to inform things? Thanks in advance!

Cookie25

Re: What to expect from first meno clinic phone consult.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 09:21:26 PM »

Hi Lovely (I'm going to call you all this going forward as some of your names are fiddly to write  ::))

I had my first consultation last month. I too had made notes beforehand - I think that's wise. My Dr first went over what my GP had put on the referral then asked me to give her a run through of what had been going on for me. I told her all my symptoms but emphasised which were having the worst effect on my life. She then ran through the questionnaire with me where I had to score my answers by severity and she told me my result. She then discussed a plan for me. What I'd hoped for was what she suggested, so I was happy but if you wanted to put forward your own preferences at that stage I'm sure they'd be listened to and discussed.
My Dr was lovely, so I hope yours is too. Hope this helps xxxxx

Postmeno3

Re: What to expect from first meno clinic phone consult.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 07:43:33 AM »

Brilliant. Thanks a million. It's clear that the better prepared I am, even going with a clear idea of what I want, the more straightforward and therefore less exhausting it's going to be! 🤞