Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: First Post  (Read 975 times)

Margaret Mcquade

• First Flush
First Post
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:59:54 AM »

Hi
I've been in full menopause for 2 years plus now, some days I feel I cope but when I read some of the posts  on the forum they sound like me and how I feel and how I am trying to hide to try and remain strong.

There are days I want to constantly cry, I haven't had a decent night's sleep for ages, I have put on weight yet I am careful on what I eat, I exercise, I have a terrible fear of dread, illness, death, I have terrible mood swings with my husband.

I'm trying to self help, I take multiple vitamins every day drink herbal tea, however seen  herbal menopause (something like that) for day and night and wondered if anyone has taken them and did they work?

Thank you for any advice

Margaret

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 12:10:55 PM »

Morning.  It's a roller coaster.  The Change - does what is says on the tin!

Most of what you describe, many have been through which is why they land on the Forum for experiences and advice.  Browse round.

Sleep deprivation is common.  As are mood swings.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: Inside and out - skin, scalp, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina ...... and muscles maybe lax = aches and pains.

Browse round. Make notes.

befuddled

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:58:10 PM »

Hello Margaret

"Trying to hide it, trying to remain strong"? it doesn't really work, does it?  I don't know why we do that, why we struggle along for so long reluctant to let it show.  But anyway, youv'e just made the first step in changing things.  This place is just so full of help and advice and support.  And on the bad days, there's always someone here to remind you that yes, it will get better.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 03:33:32 PM »

:welcomemm:
Is there a reason you haven't considered hrt? The best cure for oestrogen deficiency is to replace the oestrogen you used to produce yourself.