Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380287 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #810 on: May 16, 2018, 11:50:16 AM »

Here it is.

Yesterday I muddled up the laundry - didn't know what I had put through and what still needed washing  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #811 on: May 24, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »

Did a classic this morning... put my coffee in the mug whilst kettle was boiling and then put Diet Pepsi in instead of milk 🤣

Daisydot

« Reply #812 on: May 24, 2018, 04:02:10 PM »

Ohh yummy annie0710 lol not coming to your house for my elevenses  :rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #813 on: May 24, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »

Did U drink it?

Annie0710

« Reply #814 on: May 24, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »

No i didn't drink it I realised as I was pouring it in what was happening lol

Could take off, remember ladies it was my idea !

CLKD

« Reply #815 on: May 25, 2018, 11:30:41 AM »

:clapping:

sparklyweirdo

« Reply #816 on: May 26, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »

This was a month ago but i havent been online much to tell what happened to me. Ok. I was taking a baking tray out of the hot oven, as food was ready, and went to close the oven door, forgetting that I was still holding the super hot baking tray in my other hand and it came into contact with my other arm that was closing the oven door, so now i have 2 burn lines on my arm from the baking tray (one from lip of the tray, one from bottom of tray).

I dont think the lines are going to completely fade as it have been a month now and it is still there. The worst thing was me wearing a tshirt and a friend asking me if i had self harmed!! as it does look like cut scars and i had to explain that I burnt it on baking tray that came into contact with my arm.

I find that i am more clumsy those days, a week ago, i managed to stab my arm (the same arm with the burns), with  my work knife trying to cut a cardboard box and it got stuck. I need to be more careful those days!

Daisydot

« Reply #817 on: May 27, 2018, 07:05:05 AM »

Your right there sparklyweirdo we do get clumsier and more accident prone and as our skin thins with lack of oestrogen it takes so much longer to heal as well.
I also found my pain threshold took a massive dive,the slightest knock or if I jammed my fingers the pain was so exaggerated it was terrible.thank goodness that has settled down a bit now.
I've always been a dopey moo though so can't just blame meno for it 😂x

CLKD

« Reply #818 on: May 27, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »

I did the exact same thing over 20 years ago and still have a scar  ::)

I feel more clumsy these days too.

sparklyweirdo

« Reply #819 on: May 30, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »

Your right there sparklyweirdo we do get clumsier and more accident prone and as our skin thins with lack of oestrogen it takes so much longer to heal as well.
I also found my pain threshold took a massive dive,the slightest knock or if I jammed my fingers the pain was so exaggerated it was terrible.thank goodness that has settled down a bit now.
I've always been a dopey moo though so can't just blame meno for it 😂x

My pain threshold havent been affected, as it takes a lot for me to be in pain totally, so maybe that is a good thing! I totally agree about the skin taking longer to heal as any papercuts or anything like that, it takes ages for it to heal properly.
I wasn't as clumsy when i was younger, it only got worse when i started my early meno journey, so cheers meno!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #820 on: May 30, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »

My son says ‘Mom will you make me a coffee plz'
‘Yeah ok' I say,

Then I  go and make him a cup tea!

Why?.   Lol
I'm going potty...lol

CLKD

« Reply #821 on: May 30, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »

Did he notice though  ;)

Tiddles

« Reply #822 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:22 AM »

I lost my reading glasses at work.  Later that day a colleague asked if anyone was missing a pair of glasses as she'd found a pair in the dishwasher.

I lost the same pair of reading glasses at home.  Searched the house, couldn't find them anywhere then later that day when I was taking washing out of the machine there they were, amongst the washing.

I have very clean glasses and surprisingly given how cheap they were, they seem to be able to take a lot of abuse :-)

CLKD

« Reply #823 on: May 31, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »

Par for the course.  I used to find my glasses in the chicken run  ::).  In the straw, in the nest box, in the earth where they would scratch ......

Daisydot

« Reply #824 on: June 01, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »

I bought some new curtains and was ironing them before hanging,as I was I Ironing the linings more and more blood stains were appearing and I said to my husband bloody cheek selling curtains with blood stains through them like this p,he said let me see and it turned out I must have gotten a paper cut off plastic when I was opening them and of course it was dripping on to the lining as I was ironing and I didn't twig,duh! Definately blonde moment  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 109