Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 380364 times)

viv

Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »

Its the handbag on the roof of the car for me. I have always managed to get them back as i have seen something in the rear view mirror and retrieved them. The best one was I dropped my mobile phone and did not realise it and the reversed the car and ran over the phone.
I never admitted to that one  ;D ;D ;D Just said I had lost it.

Viv
x

lornad

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »

ive not done silly things but sure thought of them haha the mental side of mena stinks grrrrrrrr

melis

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2010, 12:38:38 PM »

The other day decided to be good and start having tinned mackerel for lunch a couple of times a week .. the oil is supposed to be good for you.. I opened this tin and put it into a bowl .. had some on toast covered the rest in foil and popped it in the fridge.. All that day and the next whenever I went to the fridge I looked at this bowl covered with foil and had to roll the foil back to remind myself what it was..  :stupid:
I agree with Bixby I choose to believe it will all settle down....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »

Oh big senior moment yesterday  ::) I'd put an office desk onto freegle and a girl I vaguely know came to look at it, yep she would take it so we lifted most of it into her car.  As soon as she had driven off; and as soon as I walked into our bedroom; what should I see but the drawers  ::) ....... so I e-mailed immediately [she woudln't have been home yet] and she replied 'I thought it was a bit slim-line!'.  So Hubby will empty said drawers and take them to her next week  ::) ::)  :-[

Taz2

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »

:rofl:

Just to prove it isn't just a menopausal problem my husband was playing golf last weekend and took out his favourite ball marker. He took his shot, walked over to the ball and went to put his marker in place. He searched everywhere for it - in his tee box, in his bag, in his pockets but couldn't find it. It was only when he went to speak to his golfing buddy and something fell out of the corner of his mouth that he remembered where he had put it!!!! He told me this so that I could remind everyone that it isn't just us women who are seemingly going daft!!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »

;D

kirsteenmc

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2010, 09:07:37 PM »

Thank you  ha ha.me too.Luv u all.xx Kirsteenmc.

baggiebird

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »

Just been reading this thread through a mixture of laughter and tears.
I really thought I must be going mad and now realize it`s just another symptom of perimenopause.
I am 52 (my birthday was last month) and have had various symptoms for a few years now.
However what is really concerning me now is my memory.  I have caused several rather bad arguments with my husband due to me not understanding simple things he was trying to explain to me.
He thinks I`m trying to send him mad and I think he`s trying to tell me I`m going crazy.  :(
I have tried to explain to him that I think it`s something to do with my hormones but he keeps on saying I have got to stop getting angry with him.  I know it`s not his fault but I`ve snapped at him and my son today.
I used to be really on the ball but am now feeling out of control.
Thank you for taking the time to  read this.
Going to get ready to go out now.  Think I need a break from the house - may see things in a different way then.

Taz2

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »

Hi Baggiebird - perhaps you can get your husband to read this http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html   It can help when it is down in black and white that we are really not being difficult or going mad!!

Taz x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »

we used to have conversations about whether Hubby *had* told me; or not  >:( ... now we have lists, reminders, notes on calenders ........

CLKD

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »

Join The Club  ;)

baggiebird

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »

Hi Baggiebird - perhaps you can get your husband to read this http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html   It can help when it is down in black and white that we are really not being difficult or going mad!!

Taz x  :)
Thank you Taz - I`ll get him to read it. 

baggiebird

« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2010, 07:28:16 AM »

we used to have conversations about whether Hubby *had* told me; or not  >:( ... now we have lists, reminders, notes on calenders ........
CLKD - Think I`ll have to start writing things down, it will be a big help.

baggiebird

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2010, 07:30:25 AM »

sweet4 - Thanks for the reply.  Never seen Desperate Housewives so can`t relate to that.  However I can relate to how everyone else feels on here  :)

Ann T

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »

The other night it was really cold (-2/3?). My partner and I were sitting watching TV and there was the most horrendous icy cold draft coming in through the patio doors, so we had to wrap up in blankets despite heating being on full blast. I was having a moan about how we need to replace the doors as they are so draughty ('boy'friend looking po faced - more expense). The next day I was informed by smug 'boy'friend that the patio doors had actually been left wide open all evening and night - at some point, during the day I had 'apparently'  gone outside through the patio doors, then come back into kitchen thru back door, and then shut the curtains across patio doors not noticing that they were open - huh?. Of course I denied everything. But no wonder it was b****cold there was snow on the ground outside!

Can I have a new brain please?
 ::) ::) ::)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 109