Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 109

Author Topic: Doing stupid things  (Read 379313 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doing stupid things
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »

Well yesterday: was searching for my reading glasses of which I currently have 2 pairs: eventually realised that one pair was on my nose and I was looking through them, the 2nd pair was in my left hand as I wandered round the house getting rattier and rattier  ::)

nightingale

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »

I love this thread because it makes me feel normal - yesterday I was actually crying with frustration because I couldn't find my car keys and I was 5 minutes, then 10 minutes late leaving for work.  I was carrying 5 or 6 different items at the time, but imagine how I felt when I realised it was hooked over my little finger all the time.  Honestly...

nightingale xx

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »

Yep nightingale, done that one too .......... last week I carried 2 car keys around and couldn't understand why it wouldn't automatically lock when I got out: didn't realise I had one set in the dash-board the other in my hand  ::)

Suzi Q

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2009, 02:44:12 AM »

Well yesterday: was searching for my reading glasses of which I currently have 2 pairs: eventually realised that one pair was on my nose and I was looking through them, the 2nd pair was in my left hand as I wandered round the house getting rattier and rattier  ::)

LOVE IT HE HE HE
SUZI Q :-*

summer

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »

must admit I've got worse these last few years - previously only had this trouble when pregnant lol

main thing I do is think of something to do or say in my head then think I've actually done or said it - but really I only thought about doing it.

my hubby and kids are used to it by now - but - my 24 yr old daughter and hubby can be just as bad. Up to now they've always said it's me being scatty, but the other day my son heard my daughter say something silly without realising it. I questioned her comment and she denied saying it - until my son said 'yeah you did say it' ha ha - so sometimes they make me scatty

obviously I can't remember what was said - d'oh lol

susieseaside

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »

Yep - doing stupid things here too.  Actually came into the flat and out again 3 times yesterday and STILL with no car keys! Had to go and check that I'd fed my rabbits too as I had no recollection of it either. They ignored me & were looking satisfied so I took that as a 'yes'.
I'm in my first post at work since qualifying, so trying to appear 'professional'  - fortunately they're an understanding bunch and don't judge me when I've lost my mug for the umteenth time....and it turns up in a room I can't remember going to!
I always feel so much better when I see on here that I'm not the only one  :)
 :thankyou:

platte

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2009, 06:23:36 PM »

LOL, I too have done these things. Try to change the channel with the phone, or phone somebody with the remote. Look for me keys and find them in my hand. Found my glasses on my nose after looking for them, and accusing my hubby of using them and putting them somewhere else. LOL, He didn't even notice they were on my face, so it's not just us. I once took out the dog's chewing bones from the freezer, and the frying pan at the same time, I guess was going to cook them for dinner.

I can't remember the last time I was able to go out the door only only once. I always forget something, and have to come back. Then I forget what I was coming back in for, and have to stand there feeling silly, trying to remember.

How about being so tired, you fall asleep on the toilet, in the basement? That was a bad one though because when I woke up, I didn't realize my legs were still asleep, and when I tried to stand up, my legs went out from under me, and I fell, and smashed my face on the concrete floor. It hurt like a S.O.B., and the results were 2 good shiners.

The other day, I found my medicine in the freezer. I have no idea, or memory, of how it got from the cupboard to the freezer though. I could go on and on with the silly things I've done. Just laugh them off. They can be frustrating, but it happens to the best of people.

Take care.

Platte

useless

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »

:)hey I  do live in the real world wouldn't be enough space to list the stupid things I have done laterly
I should take shares in post it notes they all over the place to remind me
also put a white board in the porch which I write things on I have to do so as i go out and come in I can remind myself GUESS  what I forget to read it LOL

platte

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »

LOL, I write things down, like Dr. appointments on the calender and put them on the wrong day, or time, or just plain forget I wrote it down. Yesterday, I was an hour and twenty minutes early for an appt. ??? LOL I make grocery lists, and then forget the list, and the cloth bags I use to pack the groceries.

The worst thing I ever forgot was to call my daughter on her b-day. I did remember, but she was at work, so I decided I'd call later. Then I thought she'd be out for dinner, so I'd call her later. Then, I sat down to watch a movie, and I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was after midnight. At 2:00 a.m., I suddenly remembered her b-day again. I called her anyway because it was a Saturday night/morning, and she just laughed. I felt horrible :(. That happened a few x's, and the same scenario with a couple of other family members.

Last July, I forgot my sister's b-day, and I called her the next day. When I said to her, didn't it seem strange to her that I hadn't called, since she was 58 yrs. old, and I had never ever forgotten before, she just laughed and said she had several calls, plus phone messages, and she couldn't remember if I had called or not!! LOL She too has the same things happening to her, and did we ever have a good laugh over that one!! ;D

Take care, and be safe!

Platte

jannyp

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:52 PM »

Found two scrunched up carrier bags in the fridge tonight.  Must have put them there last night instead of in the recycling bag- why did nobody point it out?????

nightingale

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »

Doesn't anyone use the 'reminders' on their mobile phone?  It's failsafe, especially if you set each reminder with an alarm - and as long as you keep it charged - AND DON'T LOSE OR MISPLACE IT!  I couldn't get by without it.

nightingale xx

jannyp

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »

Yep Nightingale I couldn't get by without mine.  Don't know if it would work for the carrier bag incident though! :rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:38 AM »

Where's  my mobile phone?  or the glasses to see where I've put it!

Did the 2 pairs of glasses trick again last night  >:( .. also when doing a cross-word puzzle I often fill in the wrong boxes with the clues .... then wonder why the other answers don't fit  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Hotnbothered

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »

Thanks, you have just reminded me, my mobile has been in my bag since last sunday, just got it out & it had switched off because the battery was flat  ;D
I have put it on charge, but I must remember to get a top-up, i ran out a month ago & can never remember to get one  ;D

karenw

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »

This thread has me in hysterics because I can relate to so much of it, particularly car keyfobs to open front doors...

Today I used the new self-scan system in our new local Sainsburys branch.  I paid by card, walked out then when trying to pay for my goodies in Argos I realised I'd left my card behind.  Had to leave my bags at the checkout and walk back to Sainsburys to retrieve the card then return to Argos and rejoin the queue to collect my bags and pay.  Embarrassing!

Susieseaside - nice to see another member with house-rabbits!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 109