Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54

Author Topic: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES  (Read 728710 times)

milesy

Re: Tell us how you have coped with FLUSHES
« Reply #525 on: December 09, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

:)  I am 49 and my flushes started at the end of August and each one was a sweat, i was having about 10 a day and the same through the night, i have also been having excrutiating headaches the last 18 months. I started "Menopace Original" 2 weeks ago and amazed by the reaction, the very first day i noticed a big difference and on the 10th day the flushes have stopped, i can also say i am feeling great, the headaches have also stopped an i feel full of energy. I bought these in Tesco for just under £3.00.

milesy

« Reply #526 on: December 09, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »

Yes please introduce me, still trying to find my way through the site !

Bette

« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »

Hi milesy
 :welcomemm:
Just click on "Forum" in the menu on the left, scroll down to "New Members" and click to get to that section and then click on "New Topic" to start a thread to introduce yourself.
I say "just" but reading that back it doesn't sound as simple as I'd like!  ::) ;D
Bette x

treehugger

« Reply #528 on: December 11, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »

Hi folks well - having registered with this site in 2009 I thought I'd let you know (touching all wood in sight) that the flushes have pretty much gone. I still have a small cranking-up-the-boiler one to wake me up at 6.30 most mornings - but no soakers. I wanted to share as I know it would have meant the world to me to know someone had come out the other side when things were particularly bad. Hang in there ladies  xxxxxxxxx

alexia

« Reply #529 on: December 19, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »

Hi, just wondered , does anyone suffer with the occasional cold flush in addition to the hot. [i hear you all say , I wish!] seriously though.
I occasionaly get a strange feeling in my head and then go very cold, whichin turn makes me panic and the rest is history. lol

ducky ducky

« Reply #530 on: December 28, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »

hi not been on forum for a while but been struggling with hot flushes, fed up of walking around in just a shirt with my  body bright red and glowing and everyone else wrapped up in coats scarfs etc. makes me feel sick and dont even mention the mood swings, i just wondered how long the flushes last for, Dr said 6 months ha, what does he know, its already been 2 years, dont want to try hrt would like to just let it run its course but past the point now of it badly affecting my life, partners lovely but i wouldn t want to live with a moody devil like me. daughter bought me some menopace but bit weary of taking them because it says not to take if you have fibroids which i do. i too have painful joints but cant take anti inflamitrys cos got high blood pressure, o dear theres not much hope is there. sorry im going on a bit but things not good at the moment. any help would be great, thanks 

LesleyM

« Reply #531 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »

I am still fairly to all of this. I am not sure I am having hot flushes as such (although the doc did write it down when i described my symptoms).

I just describe it as my body thermostat being totally buggered. If I get cold I find it very difficult to get warm again. At night I am awful. Hubby is huddled under 2 layers of the duvet, I am on top of the duvet nice and warm. Even when he had -10 degrees! I also cannot stand it when a room is too hot. I really struggle.

Lx

Astolat

« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2012, 12:18:43 PM »

Rough going this week!
I've been off HRT for about three months now due to high blood pressure and breast problems. My GP said I'd probably gone through he worst of the withdrawal symptoms but this week has been really tough going.
I feel stiff and ache all over, I'm not sleeping at night because of the flushes so I feel exhausted, but now I'm getting freezing chills too! It feels as though I've got a block of ice in my stomach but the next minute I'm drenched with sweat. Out of curiosity I took my temperature and it's been a little low for two or three days. I've been headachey and emotional this week too. It's driving me nuts!

It's hard to tell which are normal symptoms or if there's another medical problem. I hate to waste the doctors time - how often do you ladies see your GP about your symptoms?

Have tried Menopace and also a Ladycare magnet which hasn't done a thing so far - apart from ping off and shoot under the door in a public toilet which was funny/embarassing  ;D

I'm supposed to be going on a romantic anniversary weekend with my hubby this weekend but I really don't feel like going. Going to check out the humour section now and try and cheer myself up!

Hope you girls are having a better week!

Bette

« Reply #533 on: January 26, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »

My GP said I'd probably gone through he worst of the withdrawal symptoms
I don't quite understand what he means by that.  :-\ I would have thought that it's once the HRT is out of your system that any meno symptoms it was masking will come to the fore.  ???
Bette x

Christine662

« Reply #534 on: January 26, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »

Hi

Has anyone tried Chiilow Pillow?

The last few weeks within mins of getting into bed my feet & legs are on fire, even getting them out of the quilt doesnt help.

Thinking of getting a Chillow to put my feet on, waking every hr or so at the moment, not good. :'(

Thanks

Stumpy xx

Astolat

« Reply #535 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:32 PM »

Hi Stumpy

Did you buy a Chillow pillow after all? I've been thinking about getting one too as trying to sleep at night is miserable. Clammy bed linen - yeuk! I think I've read somewhere else on this forum that Chillows don't stay cold for long enough?

Hope you're having a better week
Astolat

carmel

« Reply #536 on: February 08, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »

I've been taking the Starflower Oil regularly and must say it has had a very positive effect on the hot flushes.  I still get some but they are quite mild.  Face flushes occasionally but as I also suffer from rosacea I'm not sure whether it is that causing the redness.  I'm also happy to say that the really hot night flushes have gone.  Hopefully things will stay this way - I'm now 56.

ruth

« Reply #537 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »

I love my chillow - it doesn't stay icy all night, but usually enough for you to get to sleep with. I actually have two so I can move from one to another in the small hours! What a strange way to live ...

Hazymaiden

« Reply #538 on: February 10, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »

I'm so glad I've come back on here. I've been on HRT for about 3 yrs now and all was good until my migraines started getting worse. The GP said I should stop the HRT, Well she said you might as well go through your menopause now, than wait. I'm 45, I started my menpause at about 39!!!  This time the hot flushes are different I get the hot/chill flushes and I hate them and I hate menopausing, I am having acupuncture at the moment last time it worked straight away, this time it doesnt seem to have worked yet at all. I also need my emotions balancing, I am anxious/tearful/angry/happy/sad, not all at once but changes can be quick, any ideas ladies?xxxxx

Bette

« Reply #539 on: February 11, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »

Hi Hazymaiden
Welcome back!
Stupid woman!  :beat:
As Mrs P says, at your age there are many benefits from HRT apart from relieving the horrible symptoms. Which HRT were you on before? Patches or gel are meant to be preferable when migraines are an issue and some ladies have found that using a different prog. helps.
Bette x
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54