Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37339 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2021, 02:18:56 PM »

Some places are going to contact patients for the 2nd jab; we booked both of ours through a Pharmacy.  I think that some places may not B giving the 2nd ones ........... so the venue may be elsewhere, hence the need to contact patients.

As for social media - some people like to be seen to be ......... a quiet word groundhog with the Practice Manager, drawing attention to the posts, I assume these are not on the Surgery Facebook pages?  unless of course, she is the manager.  Don't rise to the bate!  Everyone is entitled when they are called.

milly

« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »

We have recently changed surgeries, after being with the same one for 30 years, a fairly simple exercise, no questions asked by old surgery, or new one as to why we wished to change. All went through within 2 weeks, I was worried it would delay my  vaccine, but didn’t at all

We have had our vaccinations at the new surgery, but not a second date given as yet, or written on the little card.

If not happy Groundhog,just change, we have moved to a surgery within the old ones radius.

Katejo

« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2021, 04:50:15 PM »

We have recently changed surgeries, after being with the same one for 30 years, a fairly simple exercise, no questions asked by old surgery, or new one as to why we wished to change. All went through within 2 weeks, I was worried it would delay my  vaccine, but didn’t at all

We have had our vaccinations at the new surgery, but not a second date given as yet, or written on the little card.

If not happy Groundhog,just change, we have moved to a surgery within the old ones radius.
  I'd like to change mine but the others in my catchment area (strict rules here) have a poor reputation too. The decent ones are too far away.

CLKD

« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2021, 06:39:38 PM »

Often surgeries are run by the same Partners, we have a small satellite surgery 4 miles from the main one. 

Annie0710

« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2021, 07:16:19 AM »

I had my vaccine a few weeks ago and was fine, so side effects.  What I didn’t have was any info about a follow up vaccine and so I posted on a local support group asking for their experiences because we had been asked not to ring surgery.  I had lots of very helpful comments but one negative one along the lines of how ungrateful I was for daring to ask about my second when most hadn’t had their first, ( I only had the first because I’ve got 2 stoma bags and an open wound after a botched hysterectomy). Anyway I ignored the troll but noticed a female had agreed with him and commented as such - I felt upset and then I realised she worked in my local surgery, she’s very vocal all over social media and seems to be the voice of the surgery.   The same GP surgery that totally failed my mother when she died, the GP refused to attend to administer palliative drugs, she died a horrible death . I complained and accepted their apology.  Then this happened , I was very upset and anxious.  I even tried to reach out to her snd say I was absolutely not ungrateful I was just asking a reasonable question - she blocked me.
Woild you be upset ? Or am I overreacting.  As she has blocked me I can no longer get the surgery’s important updates on their social media page because she writes most of them.
Last thing I need 😕 this will play on my mind 🙁

I’d be fuming.  I think when you accept a job like that you should keep your opinions to yourself

Annie0710

« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2021, 07:24:24 AM »

How have you been though?  Have the blue/brown inhalers helped symptoms?

My asthma is awful.  I can’t go anywhere without my inhaler.  I took the dog out yesterday across the field and had an asthma attack, stupidly didn’t pop my inhaler in my pocket. 

Incidentally, I tried my husbands info in the appt app last night and it’s saying he’s not registered either at the surgery !

I was due my breast screening sept last year, and they said they were cancelling due to covid , my SIL lives In the same town but at another surgery 1/2 mile from mine.  We both got letters on Dec saying we should come tact the breast screening sept.  She got her appt for jan in a nearby town,  I got told they were still cancelled and when back screening I will have to travel further afield. I asked why my SIL can get hers and nearby and they replied different surgeries / different rules! Seems my surgery is behind the times going by the covid appt app too.  The town just down the road is now jabbing over 50s, so ahead of the game
Postcode lottery and mine seems to be a rubbish postcode lol

CLKD

« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2021, 09:40:07 AM »

I think that you can self refer for breast screening, mayB put your details into the NHS Screening bit ?  Don't let them use C-19 as an excuse, tell them that Matt has told you that the NHS is open for business ;-).  Apparently our Surgery now won't do ear wax removal, we have to pay!!! on your bike .........

Sparrow

« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2021, 10:50:03 AM »

Annie, you can enter you NHS number, on the website.  Does that block you too??

Sparrow

« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2021, 04:51:17 PM »

Just been called by my surgery.

They have a Covid Team, and the call was to check if I had managed to book/had my 1st vac, and my 2nd was booked.

Yes and yes. 😊👍

Now that's efficient.

CLKD

« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2021, 05:21:40 PM »

Annie - how R U this afternoon?

littleminnie

« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »

Joe Biden says all adults will be vaccinated by 1 May!   Might have to be Florida for a holiday this Autumn.

sheila99

« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2021, 09:04:20 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how many take up the offer. There are an awful lot of anti-vacc zealots there.

CLKD

« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2021, 09:26:07 AM »

As with those 'at the top' in Germany and France !  They are way behind the UK in giving out essential life saving medication!! would you want to visit there if they hate our vaccines as much as they seem to do.  ? jealous ? ........ of course, France has never forgiven us for Agincourt  ;)  ;D

Sparrow

« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2021, 10:04:03 AM »

Joe Biden says all adults will be vaccinated by 1 May!   Might have to be Florida for a holiday this Autumn.

I think Americans have to pay for their vac.  That may have changed though.

If it is still the case a lot of poor Americans will struggle to pay, especially for a whole family.

Annie0710

« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2021, 11:06:27 AM »

Annie, you can enter you NHS number, on the website.  Does that block you too??

I tried my nhs number and that worked but told me I’m not eligible yet.  I’m 55 this year .  I did have in mind @end March for mine but our next town (which is a lot bigger) is  going through the 50 year olds now
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24