Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: C-19 vaccines  (Read 37194 times)

dahliagirl

Re: C-19 vaccines
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »

My husband had the sore arm thing.

Sometimes it is hard to work out if it is the virus making your tired and ill, or the response to it - like when I get hayfever.  Still best to rest and let your body deal with it, paracetamol or not.

lizzog

« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »

Yes that’s true - many people are asymptomatic  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2021, 07:08:15 PM »

They are the ones to avoid ;-) but we don't have a red ribbon warning others  ::)

Katejo

« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »

Interesting how some people get zero side effects and others feel rubbish
  I have never had any symptoms with flu jabs but have this time from AstraZeneca. Just muscle/joint aches last night and I am sleepy now (though that may just be because I slept badly last night).

C.C.

« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2021, 03:25:22 PM »

Starting mid-March, anyone in the province aged 80 or over will be contacted to make an appointment to get the first shot, assuming there will be enough to go around.  Each month a different age group will be given the shot so I guess my turn will be around June or July.

My SIL (she's an endoscopy nurse) received her second shot a week ago and she got very ill from it. Same with my youngest ds. He tolerated the first jab ok but he felt ill with the second one.

CLKD

« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2021, 04:19:20 PM »

I've heard that too, worse with the 2nd one.  Though my sister was OK.  Must be something to do with the immune system already being activated and doing into over-drive when it perceives the threat?

ElkWarning

« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2021, 06:21:41 PM »

Starting mid-March, anyone in the province aged 80 or over will be contacted to make an appointment to get the first shot, assuming there will be enough to go around.  Each month a different age group will be given the shot so I guess my turn will be around June or July.

My SIL (she's an endoscopy nurse) received her second shot a week ago and she got very ill from it. Same with my youngest ds. He tolerated the first jab ok but he felt ill with the second one.

Was this the Pfizer?  I don't know, someone said to me that Oxford / AZ was horrible with the first, ok with the second, and Pfizer was the other way round, i.e. ok with the first, but horrible with the second.

C.C.

« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »

Was this the Pfizer?  I don't know, someone said to me that Oxford / AZ was horrible with the first, ok with the second, and Pfizer was the other way round, i.e. ok with the first, but horrible with the second.
[/quote

My son had the Pfizer but I'm not certain which one my sil had.  I'll have to keep an eye on my father and his reactions when the time comes.

littleminnie

« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2021, 12:39:26 PM »

I can’t believe how fast the vaccine programme is being ruled out in the UK.  I’m glad we’ve done something right. 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2021, 08:16:16 PM »

I got mine today, in group 6 , it was Pfizer. My teen daughter is in group 6 too and have been told hers will be Pfizer as she is under 18.

dahliagirl

« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2021, 12:27:50 AM »

I've got mine next week - group 8 - they are really ploughing through.

Our area was at the bottom of the list in January and now we are near the top.  It is amazing how fast they can go with the wind in their sails.

Kathleen

« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2021, 01:46:12 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am 64, not in the medically vulnerable group and I have just received a letter telling me that I can arrange an appointment at a large vaccination centre. My GP Surgery have also told me that I can be treated locally in about two weeks time. I think I may wait to see if a local appointment comes through in the next week or so and if not I will go to a large centre. Friends who have been seen locally have been told that their next jab will be in four to twelve weeks but those going to a large centre were given a follow up appointment when they received their first dose.

The whole system seems to be going very well and is really impressive.

Take care ladies.

K.

Taz2

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2021, 10:35:28 PM »

My partner is 63 and had his a week ago. My friend of 67, in a different area, is still waiting for hers though. Seems very variable county to county.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2021, 05:03:31 PM »

Apparently countries in Europe: Germany and France in particular : initially complained that they haven't received 'enough' vaccines.  However, Macron decided that over 65 are not covered by AstraZeneca so uptake has been slow.  Neither leader has offered to take either vaccine available.  So 1,000s of doses look to be wasted.  The UK has apparently had a 29% take up, Germany 2%.  Go figure.

Sparrow

« Reply #254 on: February 28, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »

Had mine today, AZ.  Very swift.

No side effects so far.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24