Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Now what do I do?  (Read 4887 times)

PMDD

Re: Now what do I do?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2021, 08:13:55 PM »

Really interesting thread!

I had low mood, aches, pains, low libido, anxiety and palpitations as my main symptoms (no sweats!)

I tried the patches, and all was good except they peeled off and then also caused me some hyperplasia  :'(

So I am now on Utro/Lenzetto Combo.....and boom......night sweats are absolutely debilitating! Never thought that it might be the utro  :o

Wrensong

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2021, 11:08:24 AM »

Hi PMDD
So I am now on Utro/Lenzetto Combo.....and boom......night sweats are absolutely debilitating! Never thought that it might be the utro

Pyrexia/fever can unfortunately be a side effect of progesterone - if you google you will see it documented.  I find Utro absolutely intolerable in its extreme exacerbation of night sweats, however much oestrogen I take it with.

PMDD

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 01:22:47 PM »

Hi PMDD
So I am now on Utro/Lenzetto Combo.....and boom......night sweats are absolutely debilitating! Never thought that it might be the utro

Pyrexia/fever can unfortunately be a side effect of progesterone - if you google you will see it documented.  I find Utro absolutely intolerable in its extreme exacerbation of night sweats, however much oestrogen I take it with.

What do you use as your progesterone now? xx

Wrensong

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2021, 03:55:11 PM »

PMDD having tried all forms of prog, I now use MPA on a long cycle, but this is a closely monitored trial of a non-standard regimen & will need a uterine scan sooner rather than later to check lining control is adequate.  The prog phase of the cycle is still horrendous & something I dread (gynae referral in pipeline to discuss hysterectomy - ovaries whipped out already) but I am also struggling to get the E&T adjusted for better symptom control, having had several enforced breaks from HRT which of course upset the apple cart each time :o!

Rufus657

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »

Thank you Wrensong and Julia.
I have investigated with Dr Bose and he's only seeing Obs and Gynae Patients. No menopause patients. :/

One thing I forgot to mention along the way  was that because of the bleeding I have been scanned twice. It revealed that I have two fibroids, not big although one of them had grown a bit on a second scan carried Summer 2020. Ive been told that  bleeding can be  made worse with HRT. is this correct?

Any way since I stopped everything I feel better psychologically . The sweats, hassle and faff was really getting me down. Using Utro Vaginally was not the best but clearly absorption was better. My energy levels arent as good but if i excersize I can keep them up a bit. My partner is patient with the libido and been sweet, and light hearted and  says " we just have to spend more time  on it ! "  :D

So for now, ii think .....Im sticking without HRT, achy back and knees can be alleviated with more regular exercise . Ill keep looking for a new clinic but lockdown is preventing that anyway for now. So lets see where this all takes me :)))

If anyone has any input though i am always very grateful x

Wrensong

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 06:09:15 PM »

Hi Rufus,  oh, Mr Bose no longer seeing menopause patients then :(.  Perhaps a backlog of obs & gynae patients because of the pandemic.

The following link from Newson Health is about fibroids & HRT:-

https://www.menopausedoctor.co.uk/menopause/fibroids-and-the-menopause

It's great to hear you're feeling better psychologically off HRT & that you have strategies in place to hopefully improve the physical symptoms, so that you're happy to continue without HRT for the time being.  Lovely partner too by the sound of it  :).  All seems very positive & I think I'd do the same in your shoes, so I'm pleased for you.  I hope it works out well & please let us know how you are.
Wx
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 06:12:27 PM by Wrensong »

Rufus657

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2021, 09:22:45 AM »

Thanks Wrensong for your reply. That’s an interesting article. Good to know.  I think I  may have been one of those occasional patients perhaps. Anyway thanks as always for your reply and  support. Onwards and upwards.
Pages: 1 2 [3]