Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Reflux? Support gratefully received.  (Read 1217 times)

Foxylady

Re: Reflux? Support gratefully received.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 07:23:28 PM »

Hi Lynda07, another thing that might be worth you looking into/trying is probiotics. I have been taking them now for a few years after years of reflux & IBS was on Omeprazole then Ranitadine, umpteen boxes of Rennies, Gaviscon and buscopan later probiotics & improved diet has generally made things so much better. That said I did have a bad spell for 2 weeks there out of the blue but the rest of my peri symptoms also went a bit out of control & bleeding irratically etc it has now settled again. I also love Inverness & Invernessshire, many happy memories there. x
A smile costs nothing but can mean everything!

jaypo

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2020, 07:36:47 AM »

Same here foxy,started taking that Yeo yogurt with the probiotic in,seemed to help my reflux too but also had a bit of a blip few weeks ago but think it's just a shift in hormones tbh the nausea was awful but apparently a lot of women have the same,which is reassuring,god bless this site and the wonderful women on it  :)

Lynda07

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2020, 04:40:52 PM »

Thank you once again for all of this support, it has helped me so much this week.

CLKD, yes probably is that.

Jaypo, I'm not a coffee drinker at all, I  do drink wine and I am guessing that's going to have to come off my list :( And  could not agree more, god bless this site! Re the CBD - it sounds delicious lol - I guess you have taken it with medication such as the Peptac I am taking? I could't see anything to tell me I shouldn't. I

Thankyou Sparkle, I appreciate that.

Foxylady - strange you should say that as I ordered some probiotics which came this week. What changes did you make to your diet? Keeping my food diary tells me what I knew - I eat too much bread. A lot of eggs too. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad spell.

And yes, Inverness/shire - it's just lovely. We went out for the day today and Autumn is starting to show her colours.

Once again - thank you!! PS - had two lots of heart palpitations today, I am really hoping this is not yet another thing for me to worry about.

Have a lovley evening all of you xx

jaypo

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2020, 05:22:53 PM »

Oh nooooo wine  ;D me too and I'm determined I'm not giving up my one last pleasure in life.
Palpations are just another meno symptom   :-\ but get it checked if you're worried

Lynda07

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2020, 05:36:33 PM »

Does that mean you still drink wine Jaypo? I know it’s not ideal but it’s my one treat, that one hour or so at night where I can relax and later sleep well.

Thank you for that, I’m hoping they were one offs but it’s reassuring to know they are meno symptoms too.

56, no period for 5 ish years - time for this to end soon hopefully!

jaypo

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSS I still drink wine  ;D only two glasses on a Friday and two on a Saturday but you're right,it's lovely to sit down at the end of the week,put a film on and have a nice glass of wine . I've had palpations for years now,kind of just ignore them now but I have had a few ecg's over the years,always best to get it checked

Foxylady

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2020, 07:02:18 PM »

Lynda07, diet changes just doing what we should all be doing really - being better at eating a healthy varied diet. Worked shifts previously which made it really difficult re eating a balanced diet. Also started the 5:2 diet (800 calories for 2 days) a few years ago, lost over 2 stone & recently have taken to doing alot of cycling. The idea was really to reduce my weight & get fitter to try and reduce my peri symptoms. I had to give up the alcohol, tried various forms but the flushing starts instantly, not worth it for me! x

jaypo

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »

Come on foxy,us Scottish lasses are tougher than that, me drinking my wine🥵🍷 😂

Foxylady

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2020, 10:43:30 AM »

:rofl: :drunklaf: :cancan:

jaypo

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2020, 04:07:14 PM »

How you doing foxy?

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »

It doesn't seem to be what I eat but when  :-\.

Also my first cuppa at breakfast tastes wonderful but by mid-afternoon it's foul  :-X so I tend to drink Coke.  Have tried various types of orange drinks without success.  Fizzy water occasionally when really hot weather.  This afternoon's cuppa has given me wind  :-\
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

sparkle

• and breathe ...
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »

Are you sure it's not the coke giving you wind?  It's also very acidic.

FrannyB

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2020, 07:23:47 PM »

I totally went off Coke. When you see just how good it is at cleaning saucepans you really have to wonder just what it does to your stomach.
Maybe try giving it up for a few days CLKD. It’s really not good for you. If you really need something fizzy then you could try water with a little fresh juice in it. Much much healthier.

Taz2

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2020, 07:45:31 PM »

Fizzy drinks are one of the things to be avoided if you have reflux.

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2020, 07:03:26 AM »

Yep,me too,coke especially,also anything with a tomatoey (is that a word ;D ) sauce,half an hour later,I feel the acid coming up
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5