Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I am still confused about everything  (Read 863 times)

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
I am still confused about everything
« on: August 03, 2020, 08:49:37 AM »

Hi, sorry I posted a few weeks ago after my GP suggested I may be going through the early menopause, so perimenopause?
I am 38, she has done a FSH blood test which she said was normal, but that it wasn't reliable as it can fluctuate during this time. I am having a ultrasound scan on the 7th, she wants to check my ovaries and look at the lining of my womb and the depth of it? She said their is no test to fully confirm this or not!
I just don't know what's going on with my body.
My tummy constantly feels like I'm about to come on. I am such an emotional wreck and usually have cried at something on the tv before 7.30am or I am the other way, where I feel so frustrated and have a weird rage inside, where I want to scream at my husband for breathing loud 🙈 I have zero sex drive and could quite happily never have sex again, and the last few times I have had sex was really uncomfortable and I bleed after every time, my periods have been haywire for almost a year, last 4 months I haven't had any or if I have bleed it's been super light, compared to what a normal period would be. The GP said my womb had changes init consistent to menopause and it looked like there was no oestrogen down there and my tissue was thin. All this can't be normal surly? Or is it just starting the change? I don't know, my gp just seems to suggest my period cycle is going to be the driving indication to it all 🤷 xx I also ache most days and my joints feel like I've been to the gym if I do much xx sorry for the details

shrosphirelass

Re: I am still confused about everything
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »

Your symptoms do sound like ones found in perimenopause. I don't know anything about early menopause I'm afraid but if the doctor thinks you have reduced oestrogen that would also suggest it. It's good that you are having tests as they will reassure you. I don't know if you have had a scan before, they usually do a transvaginal one and an abdominal one. I have had many of these over the last few years so can reassure you they are nothing to worry about. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »

I agree with Shropshirelass that your symptoms do sound like peri and it's good that you are having tests. I just want to make sure that you have mentioned the bleeding after sex to your doctor?

The thin vaginal tissue is typical of low oestrogen as is joint aches and pains and mood swings. Once you get your results back you can consider your options. At your young age HRT is usually recommended to replace the lost oestrogen. This is considered necessary as it has a protective effect on heart and bones and should be naturally supplied by your ovaries up until the usual menopause age of 50/51 years.

There is info on early and premature menopause under the Menu tab at the top of the screen. We are all here for you.

Taz x

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 10:54:44 AM »

Hi

Thank you so much! I have told the GP about the bleeding after sex, thats what caused her to do the internal, she said my cervix looks ok and nothing to suggest a cancer, but noticed the changes in the lining and no oestrogen etc.

Is it normal to bleed after sex in peri?
I went from having no bleeding for 3/4 months and today I have started to bleed, again after sex, but I am really really heavy, is that also a normal sign of it?

I joined a online group called daisy but that's for young people diagnosed with POI and I'm not sure that's me.
I just feel so confused with what's going on etc, plus I don't have children, but feel this is a natural way of telling me that maybe my body shouldn't be pregnant etc xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 12:42:22 PM »

Yep.  If the vaginal tissues are thinner due to a drop in oestrogen levels it may tear, become dry and itch. 

Peri menopause is the natural route to end of periods i.e. menopause.  The Change - does what it says on the tin  >:(  ::)

Your GP is following a good course to rule out any problems ......... if you are bleeding as in a 'period'-type bleed, it's probably your ovaries having a party  ::).

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for this, yeah she has been good at ruling anything else out which I am greatful for. I just wish there was a test to confirm this is what's actually happening!

Yes, it's SO heavy! I haven't had a period like this for over 6 months! I just hate it comes after sex! Has anyone else experienced this?

The GP suggested the marina coil and oestrogen gel as a treatment for me, has anyone used the marina coil? Does it help with heavy bleeds? xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

I doubt if sex and a heavy period are connected, 1 would be unlikely to bleed as much after sex.

Put 'Mirena coil' into the search box here and see what pops up.  Make notes ;-)