Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Worried about ovarian cancer  (Read 6368 times)

Taz2

Re: Worried about ovarian cancer
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2020, 12:45:36 PM »

It could be many things. HRT can give bloating and stomach problems as can stress. Keep a food diary to see whether things you eat make things worse. Keep it for at least a month meticulously recording everything you've eaten and what the effect is. If you are really concerned visit the Teenage Cancer Trust site for more details especially for young people.

Taz x

CherrySG

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2020, 07:26:02 PM »

I'm wondering if the hrt is causing your reflux. I have Gerd anyway, but took hrt for 6 months and my reflux was so severe even my usual PPI blockers could not stop it. This is not uncommon, other women on the forum have mentioned it.

I came off hrt a fortnight ago and it's all slowly calming down. Maybe some acid-blocking medication (PPI blockers) like Omeprazole or Lansoprazole could stop your reflux and heartburn and make you more comfortable? Don't ignore acid reflux until food gets stuck in your oesophagus like I did!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 07:28:03 PM by CherrySG »

woohycn

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2020, 01:11:28 AM »

I'm wondering if the hrt is causing your reflux. I have Gerd anyway, but took hrt for 6 months and my reflux was so severe even my usual PPI blockers could not stop it. This is not uncommon, other women on the forum have mentioned it.

I came off hrt a fortnight ago and it's all slowly calming down. Maybe some acid-blocking medication (PPI blockers) like Omeprazole or Lansoprazole could stop your reflux and heartburn and make you more comfortable? Don't ignore acid reflux until food gets stuck in your oesophagus like I did!

Yeah, i think it probably is causing it since i never used to get it before. I’ve been taking rennie tablets which help but my gp prescribed me stronger one’s which i need to go and pick up soon. I had terrible acid reflux today, my heart and throat felt like it was on fire all day.

Uptick

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2020, 01:27:44 PM »

Hi woohycn, how are you doing?

woohycn

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2020, 01:38:41 PM »

My heartburn has been better but i keep having on and off bleeding for some reason. I’m about to start my 4th month of hrt soon so i don’t know why this has started happening for the last 2/3 months :(

Uptick

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »

I suppose your body needs time to adjust to the new regime. Are you still going to have those autoimmune blood tests?

woohycn

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

I suppose your body needs time to adjust to the new regime. Are you still going to have those autoimmune blood tests?

Yeah i was supposed to but haven’t been called back to the hospital yet.

I didn’t bleed for the first 2 months but then i started bleeding, hate that this is happening.

Uptick

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2020, 03:48:43 PM »

As I understand you're on Evorel Conti patches? And you had trouble with them not sticking? I think you should be on a sequential regime, due to your age and you should be on a different patch if this one is not sticking to your skin, if you keep needing to replace them the breakthrough bleeding won't stop.

woohycn

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2020, 11:30:53 PM »

As I understand you're on Evorel Conti patches? And you had trouble with them not sticking? I think you should be on a sequential regime, due to your age and you should be on a different patch if this one is not sticking to your skin, if you keep needing to replace them the breakthrough bleeding won't stop.

They usually stick on, they’ve only not stuck on like 3 times because of this weather. I would like to swap to sequi too if this bleeding doesn’t stop but i don’t know when they’ll call me back so i’ll have to wait.

Uptick

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »

Hi woohycn, how are you doing?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]