Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Worried about ovarian cancer  (Read 6367 times)

woohycn

Worried about ovarian cancer
« on: August 02, 2020, 12:42:57 PM »

Hey so i’m 17 and was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure recently and now i’ve been having really bad bloating and my stomach has been hurting for thr past 2 days. I googled it and it says that bloating is a symptom of ovarian cancer so now i’m really worried that i have it. I’ve been on HRT for about 2 months now, do you guys think that this is normal?

sheila99

Re: Worried about ovarian cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 01:05:54 PM »

There are many causes of bloating so try not to worry too much. Some people get bloating with hrt, I get when I've eaten something that doesn't agree with me. If you still have it after a few days and you're worried perhaps see your gp. Did they do scans when you were diagnosed? If they did they should have seen anything abnormal then.

woohycn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »

They did an abdominal scan to check my ovaries at the start of this year, that’s the only scan i’ve had. And they said that they could only see one ovary which was normal apparently and that my womb was small.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:05:09 PM »

If you are concerned ask your surgery for the appropriate blood test, it is important for you to be reassured.  You could have a look-see at the ovacome website too specifically for those with cancer.

You have a lot going on when at your age you should be enjoying yourself!   :tulips2:

woohycn

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 04:29:35 PM »

can we even get blood tests right now?? because my brother tried and they said no because of covid-19.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 06:11:41 PM »

The Health Service is apparently open for business.  There is no reason not to have bloods taken, your brother should complain to Matt Hancock.  Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »

can we even get blood tests right now?? because my brother tried and they said no because of covid-19.

Blood tests are being taken now. I had one two weeks ago at my surgery.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 08:27:22 AM »

It may be that some Labs are being used purely for C-19 testing but your GP should be able to send bloods to another Lab..  It appears that C-19 is being used to close down parts of the Health Service .........

Lyncola

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »

Hi woohycn,

Sorry to hear you’re having ovaries problems, you’re  so young. I get cyst on my ovaries. Seventeen years ago and three  years ago I had really bad bloating and pain. Mine was from endometriosis and Cyst on the ovaries. I’ve had cyst larger than a tennis ball. For me the pain can be constant or like someone has stabbed me, quick and sharp.

Maybe you need another scan as well as a blood test.
Please let us know how you get on
 :bighug:
Lyncola

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »

Hi Woohycn. I wonder if you have joined The Daisy Network for support? It is a brilliant charity and costs £20 for the whole year.

Taz x 🙂

woohycn

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 12:18:56 PM »

Hi woohycn,

Sorry to hear you’re having ovaries problems, you’re  so young. I get cyst on my ovaries. Seventeen years ago and three  years ago I had really bad bloating and pain. Mine was from endometriosis and Cyst on the ovaries. I’ve had cyst larger than a tennis ball. For me the pain can be constant or like someone has stabbed me, quick and sharp.

Maybe you need another scan as well as a blood test.
Please let us know how you get on
 :bighug:
Lyncola

I think i’ve been bloating for 2 years ever since my periods stopped and it’s never been painful, i just bloat when i eat lots but then it goes down by morning. But these past few days i have been getting upper stomach pain and bloating, it’s not very painful but i still get this burning sensation that’s uncomfortable. I just googled bloating and saw that it’s a sign of ovarian cancer and now i’ve been really worried. When my doctors call me in next time i’m going to ask them for a blood test for that as well.

woohycn

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »

Hi Woohycn. I wonder if you have joined The Daisy Network for support? It is a brilliant charity and costs £20 for the whole year.

Taz x 🙂

I haven’t, i’ve just been on it to read the stories of other teens that were going through this. What happens when you join for £20??

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 12:36:43 PM »

I think that you gain access deeper into the web-site?  Is there a 'phone number?

It could be hormonal or may be silent reflux ........ do you get indigestion at all?

woohycn

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 01:04:20 PM »

I think that you gain access deeper into the web-site?  Is there a 'phone number?

It could be hormonal or may be silent reflux ........ do you get indigestion at all?

I don’t think so, but i do get heartburn a lot.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:55 PM »

That's it!   Heartburn is more likely to be causing some of your problems.

4 me it's been intermittent since I was a young girl.  Lots of 'milk of magnesia' swallowed over the years  ::)

In more recent years I took 'Rennies' which really helped, however, I developed an associated cough so my GP gave me - of course, being menopause I can't remember the medication  ::) - the irritating 'clearing throat' reaction is present most days but not at night.  PHEW!

It doesn't matter what I eat ..... as soon as I lay down I can feel the excess saliva and burning ; sometimes I wake in the early hours with deep pain between my breasts but never down my L arm or I would be worried !

Pages: [1] 2 3 4