Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Ovestin prescribed. Will it work?  (Read 4879 times)

Chihuahuachick

Ovestin prescribed. Will it work?
« on: July 20, 2020, 04:01:14 PM »

I've had Ovestin prescribed and used it for 2 nights running. Still got the burning feeling.

Ok so I know it's only 2 nights use but I am really down as I feel like I will never have sex again. 

I have been told by the doctor to bin the applicator and rub the cream in once a day at night for 2 weeks and then every other day.

Is this a normal dose? Shouldn't it be more frequent throughout the day?

Really down today x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovestin prescribed. Will it work?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »

Did your care provider not explain how to use 'ovestin' correctly?  The idea is to insert with the applicator into the vagina, press and release the product.  This should be for 2-3 weeks, every night.  Then 1 drops down to every 3rd or 4th night and 5th or 6th night.  Once the vaginal area is plumped up the feelings of needing to pee and soreness will go.

If you need take a 'nurofen' 3 times a day for 3 days which eases those nippy feelings at the end of the pee.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there , 'ovestin' worked within days. 

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »

OH! do read the threads on bladder issues and vaginal atrophy on the forum too ;-)

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 04:20:16 PM »

No. She said dont use the applicator and just rub it in. But thats whst I'm confused about.

Why do they give you the applicator if she said notbto use it.

Does anyone use lube as well as using the Ovestin? Should I be using lube when I masturbate?

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »

Don't bin the applicator, use as CLKD said every night for 2 or 3 weeks, then drop down to 2 or 3 times a week. Externally you could use a vaginal moisturiser, perhaps one of the Yes products. Two nights is not nearly enough to make a difference. The vaginal and vulval tissues need some time to get plumped up from the oestrogen, and then you should start to feel a difference. Patience is the thing, as VA will have been developing for a while before you ran into trouble, so it takes a while for the products to work.

Incidentally, my GP also told me just to use it externally, but this is b*ll*ocks, GPs often don't know much about VA.

As mentioned, use a decent lube and/or moisturiser. Have a look at the Yes website.

JP x

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 05:04:47 PM »

Your GP needs to learn a bit about ladies issues !

She was probably muddled with other products that we use on the outer labia ............ do look at the 'yes' and 'sylc' product websites. You may need a lubricant until the 'ovestin' makes a difference which should be by about 3 weeks ;-)

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »

Yes use it internally with the applicator otherwise it will do little for that burning feeling.  Good advice from the other posts.

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 05:36:48 PM »

Goodness. Thank you all so much. Ifeel so much better now.

I just couldn't get my head around not using the applicator. It just seems obvious that the product goes into the vagina.

You know when you get the feeling that something isn't going to work, that's the hopeless feeling I have had for two days. I will use the applicator tonight.

And I'm just going on the Yes site. Just to double check, can I use a moisturiser that I get from the Yes site in the daytime to relieve the burn? Until the ovestin works?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »

Use the applicator every night to insert the 'ovestin'

Sometimes ladies use 'yes' or similar in the morning to ease dryness.  If there is a burning nip at the end of a pee take 'nurofen' or your usual pain relief to relax the bladder.

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 05:47:26 PM »

Just seen the yes vm product. Is this ok to use in the daytime for moisturising and then use the ovestin applicator at night?

Obviiously I know there are no guarantees that it will work for me but is this the kind of thing that's the norm?

So glad I asked on the forum. Feel so much better x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 05:58:22 PM »

Vaginal atrophy is 'common' during The Change.

Can be eased by regular treatment.

Yep - moisturiser in the morning and at lunch time if necessary and 'ovestin' with the applicator at night.

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »

Thank you x x x all of you.

You've saved my life today x

Been so down. Really been a struggle today x but I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel today x

Been suffering now for 4 weeks. Been prescribed loads of thrush teatment and I've just had enough of not getting anywhere. Plus started a new job two weeks ago. Been a rubbish time x

Thanks again  xxx

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »

Yes vaginal moisturiser is out of stock.

Anything else you can recommend? X

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »

which company is out of stock?

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 07:23:27 PM »

Yes site. Why can I get it from anywhere else? X
Pages: [1] 2 3 4