Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 945 times)

Smolls

« on: June 15, 2020, 06:00:20 PM »

Hello Ladies

Thank you for the add to this amazing site !

I am looking for advice, I am 47 and GP said I am peri - offered sequential HRT , I have been on this for 5 weeks. At first I felt great [first 8 - 10 days] however, I have got more tired as the days go on. I am also bloated and my boobs are heavy and sore..I am beginning to wonder if HRT is for me ?? My symptoms were hot flashes, terrible PMT like mood swings, vag dryness and dry skin / hair .....I have suffered PMT most of my adult life, for which I take a small dose of prozac ...this did work wonders but as I went into peri, it stopped working as well for my symptoms. How long can I expect to be on HRT before I feel good again ? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »

Well lets start with the Vaginal Atrophy - have you found the appropriate threads yet?  Lots of info and the appropriate HRT is delivered into the vagina directly to plump up the tissues.  I don't need HRT but do require ovestin for atrophy.

It can take a while for HRT to impact so it might be worth trying for 3 months.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful. 

PMT is dreadful, what are your symptoms.  How is your diet over-all?  Eating regularly can help. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may dry out: skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, scalp; my insteps itch at the end of the day ; vaginal atrophy is part of this drying out: also the muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 06:55:25 PM »

Sorry got diverted by the 'phone  ::)

:welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »

Do you have two threads  :-\

Smolls

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 07:21:52 PM »

Thank you CLKD

PMT was horrendous !! terrible mood swings and anxiety , the prozac was great for that..until recently  :(

My diet is quite good - lots of fruit and veg - not to much alcohol. I have just started vaginal estrogen alongside HRT , which I probably should give a bit longer....

Sorry - I did post in two threads  :-\ I thought my original one was in the wrong thread - bare with me I am new to this  ::) X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 08:15:05 AM »

that's OK - as long as you don't get lost ;-)

Vaginal oestrogen is for Life ;-).   Two weeks using it every night, then every 4th and 5/6th unless symptoms niggle, then nightly for a while.  Which product have you been prescribed?

I answered your other query about e-mailing Dr Currie ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 08:15:58 AM »

PMT for me was awful sudden nausea: followed by light headed feelings, panic attacks; restless legs.  A banana daily cured the latter.   Eating regularly helps with the other symptoms.

Smolls

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »

Hi
Yes eating regularly does help , just need to fight the sugar carb cravings and eat healthily 😂

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 05:17:16 PM »

Bananas
Dried fruits and nuts
Muesli
any slow release foods help

Sharon fegan

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 02:52:15 PM »

Hi I too have just been prescribed hrt patches , I'm 48 periods irregular for example one would last 12 days then nothing for 7 weeks which then only lasted 4 days , I'm very anxious and on anti depressants, I'm hoping hrt is going to improve my symptoms, how long did u start to feel better x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 03:00:19 PM »

Hi Sharon - it can take 3-4 months.  The body doesn't usually get where it is suddenly so it needs to absorb and readjust to the Replacement hormones .  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful. 

Some need anti-depressant medication as well as HRT.  Mood can be affected during peri-menopause but if ADs ease symptoms, stick with them! 

Smolls

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 04:50:04 PM »

Hi Sharon

I have an email consultation with Dr Currie , I have asked the same question..when will I feel better !! I also take fluoxetine for PMT , a small dose but it did used to help ...before peri !! Lets hope we feel better soon , what HRT are you using?

CLKD Thank you for your support X

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 07:59:50 PM »

You are very welcome.  Experiences shared can be useful.

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

Sharon fegan

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 07:40:09 AM »

Hi I'm on citralopram 30mg been on them years , mine use to help aswell but now not working or not aswell, I'm on evorel sequi , it's the anxiety I can't cope with x