Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie - 3 months on HRT with many aches  (Read 953 times)

Lorrstar

Newbie - 3 months on HRT with many aches
« on: May 23, 2020, 07:45:59 AM »

Hi All,
I just want to say how great this forum is - such wonderful source of knowledge.

I have just started on HRT (2 pumps of Estrogel & continuous Utrogestan).

My first month of HRT was great it stopped my night sweats & brain fog & aches.

However now 3 months in I have so many aches , mainly pain on right side below my rib & above hip this can be at front but also moves round to back. I have lower back ache & hip pain. Shoulder pain. Also weird abdominal aches so overall feeling dreadful.

I have a call booked with GP to see whether or not I need to increase my Estrogel.

Will this all settle down with HRT or is it a long painful journey to get relief?

Foxylady

Re: Newbie - 3 months on HRT with many aches
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 03:21:33 PM »

Hi Lorrstar, how are you getting on, did you increase the Estrogel? In my expreience it is trial & error depending on your symptoms, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. One thing rarely solves all your issues/symptoms (in my experience anyway). There is so much great information & sharing of experiences on here. If you have specific things you are interested in finding out about put it in the search box and a list should appear where it has previously been discussed on the forum. Joint aches and pains, abdominal pains are quite common experiences for alot of women especially through peri menopause. Hopefully you will find the right combination of things to help improve your symptoms. x

Lorrstar

Re: Newbie - 3 months on HRT with many aches
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 05:13:36 PM »

Hi Foxylady,
Thanks for your reply , the group forum is so reassuring.

On the doctor's advise I increased my Estrogel to 3 pumps but then I noticed I felt really weird & my normal blood pressure was going really high so i've now gone back to 2 pumps.

I've still got terrible ache under my right rib but I am booked in to have an ultrasound in a weeks time.

Sounds like might

be gallbladder related but i've never suffered with it before maybe just a coincidence that the ache started after a month on HRT.

Thanks again for your reply , it really does help on the menopause unknown  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:16:15 PM by Lorrstar »