Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should I continue Vagifem  (Read 2471 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Should I continue Vagifem
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 06:39:01 PM »

Hi Midnight shadow. After I had been on vagifem for a few weeks I got awful burning so I changed to estriol cream which helped enormously. I found it very messy so after about three months tried vagifem again and this time I was fine, so perhaps because of the treatment the nerve endings had settled down.

Hillybilly

• First Flush
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 07:45:05 PM »

I am 70 yrs of age and suffered with external soreness of labia on and off for two years, saw dermatologist two gyneocolgists and four doctors , tried everything from HRT, Vagifem, Ovestin, and many other moisturisers from Yes to Replens and various steroid ointment ... all said it was due to a lack if Estrogen called it atrophy!  Finally after trying product after product to no avail  I tried over the counter Diprobase Ointment for eczema and amazingly it has helped more than anything I have tried.  I use a tiny bit ever morning and pain free .... yay 😀 ...certainly give it a go if you are desperate very inexpensive .. good luck !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 09:53:10 PM »

It was probably in your case Hillybilly [love it] dryness rather than a lack of oestrogen per se.  The idea is to use 'vagifem' or 'ovestin' inside the vagina nightly for 2 weeks ...... to plump up internally.   I find KY Jelly or Vaseline eases any dryness outside of the labia. 

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 07:45:54 AM »

Thanks, interesting as Jane Lewis has just recommended I try Diprobase ointment as a moisturiser. Not to use alone, but to use when I spend a penny. I will continue to use my Oestrogen. Lady Doctor advised only to use Ovestin, but I feel I need a moisturiser on the days when I don't use my Ovestin. Wish Doctors all sang from the same hymn sheet. Improving very slowly so pleased about that. Thanks for responding.

Cazikins

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 10:54:35 AM »

Wish Doctors all sang from the same hymn sheet.

;D ;D And I bet Doctors wished all us meno woman sang from the same hymn sheet too & that we all had the same symptoms  ;) ;)

I've been experiencing more dryness/stinging down below recently. I upped my dose of vagifem from 2 to 3 per week about 6 months ago but in the last month it's got worse again. My G.P has prescribed using Ovestin on the outside (as well as the Vagifem). If that's not enough then I shall keep in mind Diprobase.

She also suggested washing my bits with E45 cream. I can't work out how that cleanses the area though  :-\.  Must admit I do like to "lather" up a bit to much which certainly doesn't help things.
Cazikins x :cat48:
Pages: 1 [2]