Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Silent Migraine  (Read 1698 times)

Poshbird 51

• First Flush
Silent Migraine
« on: June 10, 2020, 03:44:47 PM »

Hallo Everyone,

Really new to the forum, but I just wanted to know if anyone is having the same symptoms as me.

I had my first attack 6 months ago, I went to hospital, because my arm was tingling my jaw, was tingling, and I felt sick and dizzy, I had a CT scan and was connected to an ECG machine, all reports fine, blood pressure fine, temp fine, I am 68 by the way.

Then last week it happened again, only this time I was shivery, everything again OK, but I am still feeling a bit groggy with a slight headache after a week is this normal. I am really worried something else is going on.

jaypo

Re: Silent Migraine
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 08:18:09 PM »

Hi poshbird,so sorry you?re not feeling great,silent migraine has so many symptoms,pop it into the search engine on the forum and you will find many threads and read how it affects women differently,sounds like you might be suffering anxiety and panic attack too?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:43:27 PM »

Hi Poshbird 51.  ( love your name) 😉

I used to get really bad migraines. Couldn't lift my head off the pillow, was even sick sometimes too. But since I've been post meno, and the HRT has kicked in, the actual headache doesn't seem so bad anymore, I can carry on with my normal day as it were, instead of having to lay on the bed immobilised. Yeah, the headache still hurts, but nowhere near as bad. But, sometimes I get aura now, which I didn't ever get before, also it makes me feel sick, and afterwards, I feel really groggy. The longest I've had a migraine for is three days. God, it was just awful.
My doctor told me years ago, it was normal to feel groggy after an attack, because the body goes through so much, he said resting was the best thing to do.
So you need to take it real easy whilst having a migraine, and afterwards too.
Do you suffer from anxiety aswell.? Jaypo is right, the shivering thing could be anxiety, I get that too when my anxiety's higher than normal.
But you did the right thing, and got checked out, glad to hear everything was fine. I'm positive they would've found something else, given all the tests you had, if there was something else to be found. Try and take it easy, and let us know how your getting on.

Jd xx

Poshbird 51

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 07:59:35 AM »

Thank you Jaypo & Jillydoll,

For getting back to me, I do suffer from anxiety as well.

Last night my stomach was playing up, I suffer from diverticulitis which causes heartburn and nausea and tummy aches, but last night it was accompanied with a slight headache, this was during the night, so I have decided to speak to the Doctor, to see if he can suggest some advise, normally I very very healthy, and strangely my problems got worse after lockdown.

I must say that hearing from you both makes me feel so much better, that all what is happening is annoying but normal, I will let you know how I get on.

Thank you once again for listening.    😉  xx

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 08:25:40 AM »

Not a name that Jill could have  ;D
I have diverticulitis too and for months and months I panicked about this pain on my left side but there's always a part of you thinks,hmm,is that my diverticulitis? But yes,it is,health anxiety is crippling at times,so many of us have suffered it,try and look at the funny side of menopause and the things I've diagnosed myself with thread,I can assure you,you?re not alone,keep posting and let us know how you are getting on  :)

Poshbird 51

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »

Hi Jaypo

Thank you for getting back to me again.

I have spoken to the doctor, he says most of the problems I have are through anxiety, and if I try to channel the adrenaline anxiety causes it should go away, well I hope so because I am fed up feeling not myself.  Once again thank you for listening. :thankyou: xxx

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 02:54:21 PM »

Aww that's ok,that's what we?re here for. On a positive note,my adrenaline rushes did slow down,had them bad for just under a year,still get the occasional one and yes,it sets off anxiety but generally speaking,I came out the other side,so good luck