Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Besins Oestrogel help please  (Read 1038 times)

Perri

• First Flush
Besins Oestrogel help please
« on: June 01, 2020, 02:08:34 AM »

Hello ladies, I wonder if anyone out there in the ether uses the Besins Oestrogel 0.06% - 17B estrodiol. It comes in a red/white box and is a clear gel. I have tried looking online for information but most searches come back showing a different product.
Unfortunately I don't have access to an English speaking Dr, so any info you can give would be a big help. How much do you use each day? How much progesterone to use with it and for how many days?
I am 2 years since my last period so definitely post menopause.
Sorry for the long post but this site is my only source of information.
Many thanks :-*

Hurdity

Re: Besins Oestrogel help please
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 07:37:08 AM »

Hi Perri

:welcomemm:

Sounds like you're not in the UK?

Depending where you are it is packaged differently and sometimes named differently according to different countries. Within EU it is usually turquoisey blue and called Estrogel or Oestrodose but I think elswhere in the world it can sometimes be packaged differently.

It doesn't really matter what the package is as it is the same gel ie if it says it is Estradiol gel 0.06% manufactured by Besins then that's the same stuff.

Your doc can look it up as estradiol gel 0.06 % eg as above and you will be dispensed with the right stuff. Here in UK there is another gel which comes in sachets, Sandrena, but that is completley different concentration and formulation.

Is this your first time on HRT?

Good luck anyway!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 07:56:51 AM »

:welcomemm:

Perri

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »

Hi, and thanks so much for the reply  :)
Yes I'm British but currently living in Asia, and don't have much hope of seeing a English speaking Dr anytime soon. For the sake of my husband, my own sanity and my marriage, I've had to self diagnose and so far its been trial and error with the hormone replacement..... I know it's not ideal, but quite honestly I had to do something as I was feeling pretty low and out of sorts. I ordered bioidentical estrogen and progesterone online and although I had to wait around 3 weeks for delivery.... It was well worth it! Now my usual estrogen cream is unavailable and I've bought the oestrogel as a substitute. The only difference I've noticed so far is that I've had some breast pain and feel like my period is due. Not sure if this is to be expected when you change brands???? Or maybe this oestrogel is stronger than the bioidentical cream I used before??
I'm on my 2nd month now so I hope these little niggles get ironed out!!

I've been taking the bioidentical hormones for about a year now and have felt so much better when taking them.

Perri

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 08:19:09 PM »

Forgot to mention that the oestrogel I've bought come in a tube and I have to measure out the dose on a little ruler type thing.... The recommended dose is 2.5g of gel i.e. 1.5mg estradiol. I see ladies talking about 'pumps' and would love to know if 1 pump is equivalent to my 2.5g of gel.

Also does anyone know how much progesterone I should be using with this dose of oestrogel?