Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tesosterone  (Read 1550 times)

Sammiejane

tesosterone
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:25:55 PM »

hi

i?m due to start testosterone tonight in the hope it improves my energy libido and hair shedding

is this better applied at night or morning x

thank you

Sooze

Re: tesosterone
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 05:27:38 PM »

I do morning and I would allow at least 3-6 month before you see any changes.  It can be quicker for some women but I think for the most the changes are subtle and not immediate, but once it starts working it is fantastic IMO.
HTH,
S

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 06:16:53 PM »

Hi Sammiejane

I also apply mine in the morning.

Good luck
Lanzalover x

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:50:13 PM »

I'm morning too x

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »

hi ladies

i shall apply morning is this to thigh alternating ?

also have you ladies seen regrowth of hair and improved thickness

i?m hoping so badly this works as i feel better in myself but hair shedding started again on the gel and adding in progesterone i thought would help it had other things but not hair not any worse but not much better so frustrating x

i don't know whether to change to a patch but not sure this makes much difference as all estrogen so hoping tesosterone helps

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 08:59:26 AM »

Hi I have been on testosterone a couple of years now and hair shedding was quite bad prior to this.  T has helped the condition of my hair and This time last year it thickened up quite suddenly and dramatically, unfortunately since about February I'm in shedding phase again so back to buying thickening shampoos/concealers etc

I can't blame the T though x

Sooze

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »

Sammiejane,

I apply it alternately in a 4 day rota, inner right knee, inner left knee, outer right knee, outer left knee, so I'm varying the patch of skin I'm applying it to.  it's a tiny amount of gel (petit pois) and I just smear it thinly rather than rub it in, which seems to work for me.

I think I've said before I've never had a problem with thinning hair, but my hair is very fine, and always has been and T hasn't changed that.  My hair possibly grows a bit faster and before HRT my body hair was reducing - not that I've ever had much anyway, but it seems to grow a bit faster but not really increased compared to my younger years.

HTH,

S

Sammiejane

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 09:23:25 AM »

hi ladies

thank you for the reply's i?m using trostan so have to apply 1 pump every other day to inner thigh alternating the thigh .

my hair thinning is all over since starting hrt and behind ears well ear to ear underneath nape of neck almost bold x lol

over the last year i have been taking photos very few weeks obsessed i know and no tutoring the hair fall and is definitely thinner although it isn't as dry so instead of washing once a week i now have to do it 2-3 times
hair shedding less since adding progesterone compared to estrogen on its own however hair feels thinner but not sure if it's because it's in better condition. not as frizzy but has thinned mega since hrt do the medication had caused it

if i were to stop hrt as testosterone my last attempt ! would the hair regrow if it's the medication causing it ?

Sooze

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 12:33:45 PM »

Sammiejane,

it's Tostran I'm on and I tried to get up to the prescribed dose when I started it but I never managed - I got tetchy and argumentative and just didn't feel right, so I experimented with the dose by measuring it with a syringe and it came out that my symptoms are best controlled by a petit pois size blob.

Doing alternate days gave me peaks and troughs due to using such a small dose, and using every day is still considerably less than the prescribed amount so my gynaecologist is happy with me doing this.

I'm using it for libido and muscle/joint immobility and aching, all of which it controls very nicely.

HTH,

S

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 09:47:09 PM »

hi

so if i have to do a pump every other day say mon , wed , fri, sun i could do half pump daily ?

how do u know with a pea size blob you getting the same each time

i've noticed nothing so far only used twice  except increase sweating will this settle

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 10:17:06 PM »

I'm Tostran too.  I do alternate days

It really can take quite a few months to notice changes.  Energy I think was my first, within weeks, social anxiety subsided quite fast too.  Re: libido ; I'm either sex mad or can't be arsed.  When I'm in the mood my response is amazing ! X

Alicess

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 07:02:56 AM »

Hi Sammiejane,

Testosterone did help with my hairloss,  I didn't loose anymore hairs and my hair had more volume, my curls came back too. But it's different for every women so you have to wait and see.
I think one pump or half a pumpTostran is too much for a women. Prof.Studd prescribes 2/ 3 mg a day and if after a while you don' t feel any benefits you can up the dose slowly. I suspect you are sweating more because the dose is to high.

Hurdity wrote a post about it;

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39588.0.html

I think you should start with a pea- size blob every day. I bought a seringe at a pet store ( for feeding baby animals) and put one pump in the seringe. That way it"s much easier to get the right dose. I stored the seringe in the frigde, don't know if that's necessary but just to be sure.
If that's to much of a hassle you can try to put a bit of gel on a small plate and take it of with your finger.

Alicess X

Sammiejane

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 07:59:06 AM »

hi alicess

i have a medicine syringe !

but how much of the pump do you put in it !

Sammiejane

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 08:00:52 AM »

annie0710

are u still on the estrogel ? how many pumps

do u take one pump of trostan every other day ?

did u get hair shedding on the gel prior to taking tesosterone and has tesosterone improved this x

Sammiejane

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 08:05:08 AM »

hi alicess

i was sweating before tesosterone when i increased the gel to 2.5 pumps as i was getting more vaginal watery discharge on just 2 pumps but to be honest don't think 2.5 pumps made much difference to this and it has giving me more armpit and groin sweating when i was off hrt i didn't have this i think maybe drop the gel back down but then i have only been on this dose for a week x maybe it will settle ?
my boobs are worrying me though cause they have tripled in size and if my little boy comes in for a cuddle and presses against them they hurt so much
Pages: [1] 2