Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13068 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2020, 03:29:29 PM »

The supermarket was well quiet this morning with few allowed in at a time. Would love it like that all the while but can you imagine the queues B4 C.mas  ;D - bit like outside IKEA yesterday  :o

jaypo

« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »

There will always be people who think they?re above the rules Jill and they are the ones who get off Scott free,had they actually SEEN your OH they might not have been so keen to take the p  >:(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2020, 06:23:30 PM »

I know, on their heads be it. As they say. 🤷‍♀️

Hurdity

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2020, 09:14:17 AM »

Hello again ladies

CLKD - book shops were non essential retail here in the UK. I think in Austria they could stay open but not here.  Online trade is considered safe but wandering around a book shop and touching lots of books seems very risky.

K.

Exactly. As I said. They were closed on 23rd June to the public, and will probably be permitted to open on 15th June along with other non-essential retail.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2020, 12:56:41 PM »

People got angry about the above: I was slammed because I believed it right for my local Pubs to provide a book-take out food service which had been given the go-ahead by our local Council: but taking down UK statues by force seems to go the other way - defacing public property: there's no logic sometimes  ::).

The marches are breaking the Law ...... and nowt much is being done to stop people ignoring social distancing to get a point over.  Now that point has been made the Police should be stopping it - the one in London 'has to end by 5.00 p.m.' - that will be a red rag to a bull, surely  :-\.  I watch with interest.

It would be better for those organising the protests to get together and present a Plan of Campaign to No 10.   

I have checked with my friend and her book shop has been open for business, on line, since mid-March.  Job Done.

Kathleen

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »

Hello again ladies.

As most people realise 'open' referred to a shop physically allowing the public to enter the premises. We were never advised to stop shopping in other ways.

Take care everyone.

K.

suzysunday

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2020, 03:35:35 PM »

Yes I've been wondering about libraries,. I haven't heard anything about when they might open.  I assume it will be July 4 when further things are eased, but goodness knows how it will work.  And all those computers there and their dirty keyboards.  They were dodgy at the best of times, people eating with their fingers at the computer. Yuk!

CLKD

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2020, 05:43:11 PM »

It fascinates me - people are keeping to guidelines but have you seen anyone wiping the hand sanitiser bottles and tops B4 using them after the last person to do so, or wiping the keypads at ATMs, or the handles at the pumps when getting fuel? 

It fascinates me too that often full sentences aren't read correctly so comments are taken out of context  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2020, 07:47:53 PM »

Footballers - might be playing behind closed doors but the press have photos of some linking arms etc..

CLKD

« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2020, 11:56:40 AM »

Apparently golfers, caddies etc. failed to appreciate the Health and Safety Risk Assessment during a Match in the US.  If I were Sponsors and noticed any participants not keeping social distancing and not wiping down the flags after each hole ........... do these top sports people think that they are beyond Rules and Regulations?   >:(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 08:34:00 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »

Footballers/Managers hugging after the match last night  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2020, 09:04:06 AM »

Never mind them,did you see Bournemouth the last few days  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2020, 09:45:55 AM »

Hello ladies.

Certainly we all need to brace ourselves for the second spike of COVID and the pubs aren't open yet!

Teresa - Your drinking toast made me smile and reminded me of an old Scottish friend who used to say something similar. Happy days.

Take care everyone.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2020, 10:35:49 AM »

Morning Jaypo, sending you the hug I can't give you, my lovely  :-*Lets crack open a cider later.I always say Heres to us.Who's like us? Damn few! :D
Morning Teresa  :-* oh,why not,I'll be under your window in half an hour  ;D I actually would ,if I was closer

CLKD

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2020, 11:06:53 AM »

Look out for the slop bucket jaypo, might not be cider but cold tea  ;)

3 stabbings in Bournemouth.  But doesn't one think that a) people should take their litter home and b) that the LA should have anticipated the hoards + rubbish + fast food = leave it behind because the bins are full  :-\. But travelling from Birmingham to Bournemouth ........ and the Guardian today has a whole holiday section about 'quiet beaches'  >:( well they won't be quiet for long!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10