Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Allergies  (Read 4906 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Allergies
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2020, 10:50:54 PM »

;D that's a martial art isn't it? No not a chance of me doing that!

I've had allergies that came and went as a child, but certain nuts were a problem. I haven't gone near a Brazil nut since having  a severe reaction as a child. Might not be an issue now, but I have no intention of trying! Easy to avoid. I can't eat most of the FF breads as they contain egg, as do most recipes, which is a nuisance as I'm intolerant of eggs. There is one make that I can eat, but it's expensive.

Dierdre

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2020, 07:40:05 AM »

Ive suddenly become allergic to pollen since suffering a mild dose of covid and among other symptons I lost my sense of smell and taste for 3 weeks. It left my nasal passage and sinuses raw for a couple of weeks but  I'm now  getting hay fever for the first time. 

Jeepers

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2020, 08:06:56 AM »

Hi

I developed an allergy to Lavender last year. I've had hay fever since about 18, but I was using lavender spray on my pillow, and my neck and shoulder felt like they had sunburn!

I'm thinking about doing some York tests for allergies and food intolerances, has anyone done these?

Thanks

Jeepers xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2020, 02:43:17 PM »

Do they know what caused the anaphylactic shock?

Deidre, it's good to know that the loss of smell and taste comes back. I know illness can cause allergies and intolerances, but you might find less of a problem, once your body becomes less sensitive. Even if you had a mild dose, it takes time to completely get better.
Pages: 1 2 [3]