Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Covid-19 "Coronavirus" - science, epidemiology and health discussion  (Read 7682 times)

Sparrow

Re: Covid-19 "Coronavirus" - science, epidemiology and health discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »

As you say, you didn't read the offending posts, and from what I remember they had nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

sheila99

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2020, 09:10:56 AM »

Someone seemed to believe what Micovits said, then one or two criticising the flu jab.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-tech-video/facebook-youtube-remove-plandemic-video-with-unsubstantiated-coronavirus-claims-idUKKBN22K077
Right to remove it IMO, this sort of misinformation shouldn't be given air time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2020, 09:42:15 AM »

I have posted many times about the 'flu jab.  It doesn't help anyone to remove comments ........ we are all adults after all.

Maybe contact Emma, Hurdity .......... she thought it necessary to pull comments  :-\ which has upset some Members.  A separate thread about false news would be of use to many I am sure.

dangermouse

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2020, 10:13:29 PM »

Im not sure science is very reliable for something with so many unknown unknowns right now.

They were rubbishing the fact many had symptoms prior to March in the UK, saying they knew without any doubt when the first case was. Now they've found samples from December 19 which have tested positive for COVID-19. So much more to come out/or get covered up.  :o

I wonder why these rules about posting non-factually backed up claims and suspicions dont apply to the media.

Sparrow

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2020, 07:32:36 AM »

You are absolutely right DM.

And what about the dis-information that comes from government.  120,000 tests in one day that included 40,000 in the post.

I dispare.  :(

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »

I can't work out why 'they' need targets.

I also meant to look up whether nursing homes have been included in care home figures  :-\ but that was when I was churning over at 2.30 a.m.  :-X

I want transparency.  I don't care how bad/good it is.  I want the truth.  I also want to know why PPE was bought B4 it was checked to see whether it complies with British Standard, FFS we are short of the stuff.  Some is surely better than none  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2020, 02:59:52 PM »

Hello ladies.

The documentary featuring Micovits has her promoting some truly wacky ideas. Her claims are easily checked and found to be incorrect. I assume she continues unashamedly because she has a book to sell.

I don't think any PPE is better than none for infection control. It either completely protects the individual or it doesn't.  A doctor on twitter demonstrated the third gown to split while he was treating a patient.

Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of PR and spin surrounding this crisis so I recommend doing your own fact checking ladies.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2020, 03:52:30 PM »

I don't suppose it will ever be found how many patients were VitD deficient.  Most of us should have got a good top up in the last 2 months though ;-).

sheila99

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2020, 04:23:55 PM »

I thought that was another myth that had been debunked? A correlation doesn't prove cause and effect. It's like saying more red cars are involved in accidents therefore red cars are dangerous and you should drive a blue one. Obviously good to keep vit d levels up though.

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »

One doesn't need to check levels with a blood test unless 1 feels ill.  I would do 20 mins. weeding then have to sit.  Not moving at all. For 2 hours.  I knew something was wrong and feared  :-\  :-\ ...... but a blood test showed my levels were low.  If someone isn't feeling unwell, they probably have enough VitD.  At the same time, Mum was having similar symptoms too which alerted me after her blood test showed low levels.  We both had capsules which sorted the problem.  We both spent a lot of time outdoors in our gardens ......... after a dull Winter.

Sparrow

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »

There are several studies going on at the moment.  These are proper academic studies, but can't remember who by as heard it on the radio a few days ago.  Most that have already been done were observational and with too few people.  Hopefully the new ones will give a clearer picture.

I have increased my Vit D intake as I have too be careful about my skin now, and use lots of sunblock.

Hurdity

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2020, 06:49:13 PM »

Here is some info about the trials being undertaken to treat Covid-19 patients with plasma from recovered infected patients, to see if it helps their recovery (ie using their naturally produced anti-bodies):

https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/covid-19-research/research-and-trials/

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]