Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62672 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #495 on: June 19, 2022, 08:31:11 AM »

We tested positive the day we got back from Corfu.  I feel dreadful and spent all afternoon yesterday in bed. I ache all over, sneezing non stop, runny eyes, tight chest and nasty cough.  Hubby doesn’t feel as bad as me but his cough is worse than mine. 

I don’t plan on doing much today either.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #496 on: June 19, 2022, 08:36:21 AM »

MayB take plenty of fluids, pain relief and sleep. 

The important thing is to do the test and leave for a full 30 mins. B4 a true reading is shown. 

ATB

« Reply #497 on: June 19, 2022, 08:39:44 AM »

It says between 15-30 minutes on our test kit. So it’s ready after 15, but don’t use it after 30.

Taz2

« Reply #498 on: June 19, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »

Mine are 15 mins too.

Hope you all feel better soon. So much of it around again

Taz x

littleminnie

« Reply #499 on: June 19, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »

The old ones were 30 minutes

CLKD

« Reply #500 on: June 19, 2022, 05:29:03 PM »

tnx I didn't think that I had dreamt the instructions  ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #501 on: June 19, 2022, 07:27:52 PM »

My daughter has the tests where you just take one swab from the nose and wait 15 mins. 

holidaylover

« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2022, 09:23:41 AM »

Yes mine are just the nose swabs and 15mins, and they are far easier to use.  I tested negative on Friday and am still feeling poorly.  Sore throat again, achey legs, headache, stuffy sinuses and still have no taste, which I'm really fed up with.  I am struggling to raise the energy to do anything and I even tested again this morning as I thought I might be re infected but it was negative.  It's spreading like wildfire where I live at the moment.

CLKD

« Reply #503 on: June 21, 2022, 09:31:51 AM »

Rest.  Any virus will wipe the sufferer to the ground.  Any1 who walks around with season 'flu, does not have 'flu!!!!

Keep well hydrated.  Viruses won't be rushed  >:(.  Find a shady spot, doze and watch the wildlife.  Dust will be there at the end of the week ;-).

ATB

« Reply #504 on: June 21, 2022, 09:40:53 AM »

Hope you feel better soon holidaylover, just rest as much as possible. It was day 11 before I could do things without feeling breathless, had a very busy active day yesterday. Still feeling a little tired but starting to feel normal. I’m going to see how I go with a little workout. I overdid it last Friday with outdoor work so just taking things gently.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #505 on: June 21, 2022, 01:35:42 PM »

My awful pains have gone but still coughing up nasty stuff and feeling very tired.  Got dressed today so that’s a step in the right direction.  Cleansheeted bed as I have been dripping with sweat.

Just spoken to BIL in another county and he is croaking, aches all over, washed out and coughing like mad. our symptoms are identical but he says he has done 2 tests and they are negative.  I told him to check date on kit and he says it’s OK.  Can’t understand that.

Katejo

« Reply #506 on: June 21, 2022, 06:47:24 PM »

MayB take plenty of fluids, pain relief and sleep. 

The important thing is to do the test and leave for a full 30 mins. B4 a true reading is shown.
The later batch of tests which I got gave a result in 5 to 10 minutes not 30. They were ones which already had the test liquid in the tube, not in a separate container. The max time was 30 mins.

CLKD

« Reply #507 on: June 21, 2022, 08:16:06 PM »

:thankyou:

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2022, 06:56:07 PM »

Still testing positive but OH is negative. Son still positive but he started after us. Feeling quite a lot better and am going out tomorrow.

used one of the 15 minute tests today, much easier.

holidaylover

« Reply #509 on: June 24, 2022, 07:16:48 AM »

I've been negative now for a week, but still feeling yuk!  Really bad sore throat this morning again, cant get rid of stuffy nose and am absolutely sick of not being able to taste anything.   I love my food and cooking and feel there is no point whilst I feel like this.  I'm cooking for the family, I made chilli last night and had to ask them to taste it for seasoning as there was just no taste at all.  Holiday coming up shortly and I'm scared I'm not going to be able to enjoy our usual treats.  Feeling sorry for myself! :'(
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39