Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 179

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 201031 times)

jaycee

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #2250 on: July 01, 2020, 12:08:20 PM »

Have any of you sent for a home test for Covid-19, they are free and results in about 48 hours,
There are so many symptoms to watch for now,it could be anything,
Also i read this morning that the US has bought almost all the worlds Remdesivir  anti viral medicine
I think by the numbers of people diagnosed with covid they still might not have enough
There will be none for England, Ireland ,or Scotland
Luckily we have the other medication, can't remember the name, except begins with B

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2251 on: July 01, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »

I've been reading how difficult it is for some people to recover, even if they had light symptoms: fatigue which is re-triggering episodes of Lyme disease and ME  :-\ .  Some are coughing for months, others have developed hay fever ......

CLKD

« Reply #2252 on: July 01, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »

Also i read this morning that the US has bought almost all the worlds Remdesivir  anti viral medicine

Dexamethodone is cheaper and available world wide and is cheaper than the above, i.e. ?5.00 - on the BBC news right now. [Fergus Walsh]

"A mental health nurse who spent 60 days in intensive care with coronavirus at two different hospitals said the ordeal had wasted away his body.

"Dan Ridlington, 43, from Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, was on a ventilator for four weeks during his stay at Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge, after being transferred from the Princess Alexandra in Harlow, Essex.

"He lost more than three-and-a-half stone in weight and has had to relearn basic tasks such as walking, talking and swallowing.

"Speaking at his partner's home in Ipswich, where he is recovering after being discharged, he said: "It's wasted pretty much my entire body.
"I've lost a load of weight, my muscles all need to be retrained and built up again. There are a lot of people that have been damaged by Covid, both physically and mentally."

"He hopes to return to work at Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield, north London, next year".
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:36:29 PM by CLKD »

Jeepers

« Reply #2253 on: July 01, 2020, 02:15:37 PM »

I got my covid test results back... Negative! Always a good result  :hapij:

Jeepers xx

Sparrow

« Reply #2254 on: July 01, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »

I got my covid test results back... Negative! Always a good result  :hapij:

Jeepers xx

Hooray.  That is good news.  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2255 on: July 01, 2020, 03:27:33 PM »

Hello Jeepers.

Excellent news and one less thing to worry about lol.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #2256 on: July 01, 2020, 03:39:50 PM »

So pleased for you Jeepers!

Two hoots

« Reply #2257 on: July 01, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »

Have any of you sent for a home test for Covid-19, they are free and results in about 48 hours,
There are so many symptoms to watch for now,it could be anything,
I think by the numbers of people diagnosed with covid they still might not have enough
There will be none for England, Ireland ,or Scotland
Luckily we have the other medication, can't remember the name, except begins with B

Does Wales have a supply ?

CLKD

« Reply #2258 on: July 01, 2020, 03:49:11 PM »

Probably not .......... but the alternative drug which has been used in the UK successfully is cheaper and available ;-). 

Two hoots

« Reply #2259 on: July 01, 2020, 03:57:23 PM »

I wonder why Ireland was mentioned in the post but not Wales ? And not just say UK  :(

CLKD

« Reply #2260 on: July 01, 2020, 04:02:07 PM »

Is there a mention on your local news feed Two hoots?  I go through all the regions at least twice a day  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #2261 on: July 01, 2020, 06:23:30 PM »

Have I choose the wrong drug out of all those to hand?

How about this : dexamethasone :
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:42:53 PM by CLKD »

Sparrow

« Reply #2262 on: July 02, 2020, 07:14:08 AM »

I have just listened to BBC Radio 4s MORE OR LESS. It was broadcast this week but you can still get it on SOUNDS.

Very interesting, with a break down and analysis of the UK's virus data and prediction of how it will affect us in the future.

Well worth a listen.  It seems a second spike is unlikely, but local peaks are, particularly among young people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000kfpy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:52:30 AM by Shadyglade »

Kathleen

« Reply #2263 on: July 02, 2020, 09:02:30 AM »

Hello ladies.

I wonder if predictions will change after the events of this weekend when the pubs and bars  open up?
There is a rumour that all police leave has been cancelled and we know people in the NHS who are preparing for increased A and E admissions. That's just to accommodate the Saturday night drunks never mind the COVID infections that will result!

I realise that  we need to get back to  normal and get the economy moving so we will just have to wait and  see what happens. Hopefully any outbreaks of the virus will be traced and contained. Fingers crossed!

Wishing you all well ladies.

K.

Cassie

« Reply #2264 on: July 02, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »

Something that I  have been wondering about & just cant seem to get clarity on, to be honest, I don't think anyone really knows, not even the so called experts....now that things are opening up and we are getting out and about, how easy or not is it to contract the virus outdoors.
I have had runners and walkers coming past me with no masks on and am so confused by what I understand as airborne, have seen an article saying that one can actually walk through the mist that these people exhale, but not often possible to keep a social distance of 2 meters when they come past at a rate, cyclists are even worse and one cannot stay indoors forever, wish we had some clarity and definite proof of infection possibility outdoors, it really seems to be a bit of a grey area. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 179